Thread: Darwin - San Isidro

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Trampa
    Quote Originally Posted by Cochese  [View Original Post]
    Thanks, sweet site.

Pictures are sometimes better then words

Darwin - San Isidro

To rock the boat a bit.

In my opinion the best after-office in BA that I know, it's a bit far away for most people who live in the city but I still make the travel almost all Thursday's. The 60 bus (I am guessing all, but I am not sure about that but you must ask the driver if he takes you to Acasuso)

The train, linea Mitre is also an option but it takes you about 20-25 minutes by foot or about 10 peso with a taxi to get there.

The place is at the hypodromo (horse race track) de san Isidro and it's a huge place, the place can hold around 1000-1500 (rough guess) and does have a huge outside area where you can watch the race track or sit quiet outside. There are many tables you can reserve if you arrive early and are later taken away and basically it's a boliche later.

The bar doesn't allow people under 26 in, which in my opinion is great. The crowd are basically people that live in the area and as it's one of the most well-off area in BA most people would be higher middle class / upper class. People are mostly between 25 and 40 and even you are over 40 you don't really stand out.

I am not in the pick-up mode but if you have some game it should be an easy place to pick up a girl. Most girls are definitly more European looking then in most places in the city. My guess speaking some Spanish does help and begin civilized definitly helps a lot.

By the way hardly any foreigners and NO tourist, if you like how the Argentines go out it's great if you want to hang with Americans you should do the Shamrock / Alamo / Sugar / Million routine

Dress code is formal, think office clothes and they are pretty strict about it. Entrance before 9.30 is free and 30 peso after 930 it's including a drink and a Speed con Wodka is also 30 peso, so it's basically one drink to get in. I think that if you arrive later you need to have someone to invite you, you can be denied but saying something like: Estoy en la lista de Rodolfo / Esteban / Diego, etc should get you in. You can also try the stupid American act but it might be better to arrive early (say before 11). Drinks are definitly cheaper then similar places in Capital

It all ends around 230/300.

P. S. Having a burger at Carlitos or Peppino which are both in Acasuso is also a great idea and especially by BA standards cheap. Carlitos is next to the station of acasuso and I go there most of the times before hitting Darwin

Posting Limitations