Thread: Nightlife in provincia

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Trampa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave132  [View Original Post]

I can tell you that Quilmes, Lomas / Banfield, etc. Can be pretty nasty places.
    My ex decided to stay with her ex in Banfield. She has family that I have visited in Almirante Brown, so I am a little familiar with that area, but not Banfield. Is it just a typical south side provincia neighborhood or is it rough and nice in different areas? Just curious to get a take on the neighborhood. Not for gringos? Thought there was a very nice cobblestone neighbord nearby, name escapes me.

I took a remis quiet often. An adventure through some very scary looking areas. Thought I would gone.

Be careful in the province. I live there but I mostly go out in the capital. If you go, better go in a group, preferably with some argentines.

It is not dangerous per se, but you have to know very well where it is safe and where it is not, and at which hour, etc.

I. E. The train can be perfect at early night until I. E.23:00 when lots of people go home from work, but a dangerous place later. Same thing is the case with some streets.

Generally, it seems safer on week-ends due to the quantity of people going out. Stick to the city centers. Don't get drunk! Only go if your spanish is sufficient to understand and express anything you want.

I don't want to unnecessarily scare anyone of you. And of course not all places are that bad. But unless you have any detailed knowledge, best by means of argentine friends, better be safe than sorry.

I can tell you that Quilmes, Lomas / Banfield, etc. Can be pretty nasty places. Mi Club is fine though, from what I have heard. Just make sure you know how to get there and how to get back. Avoid at all costs getting into brawls with the locals.

For going home to the capital, consider taking a Remis. There are lots of "kiosks" with a waiting room on the main streets and the first block of the side streets. They charge roughly 3 pesos per kilometer, so you can kiss like 50-80 pesos goodbye for going home to the capital, but I think it is worth it. Make sure to ask for the price right at the beginning when you tell them where you want to go. And don't forget to ask what the waiting time is, at weekends they are generally working at full capacity. Be prepared to discuss with the driver all the way home (roughly an hour) what you were thinking when you decided to go there and why it is too dangerous for foreigners. In accordance with that, capital taxi drivers may refuse to take you to province localities for various reasons ranging from business to security. Capital taxis are allowed to charge you double for all distance driven outside the capital.

Apart from that, you can expect province chicas to have at least on child. Don't know why most of them are like that, if it is lack of sex education, lack of consequence or simply a strong desire to get pregnant from their first boyfriend. Probably goes hand-in-hand with them being easier than porteņas.

PS: Don't mention football, they take it way more serious in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123  [View Original Post]
    Everything.

Exon
    I would say similar, girls are more fun and less stuck-up in general

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    For those of you who want to explore. If you take the train from F. LaCroze (on the B subte) after a 35 min ride to station Sgt Barufaldi (in San Miquel, X ruta 8) the club Imagina is across the street and about 100 yards to the left. Hard to miss. Closed on Mondays. Things start happening around midnight. Attached hotel. If I remember correctly its around 170p a hour for chica and room. Clean and safe. I think there is a 10p cover charge. No english spoken. But years ago when I couldn't speak spanish I always got by. There are several others in this general area but this is the biggest and the only one with really nice rooms.
    That's a pretty shady train by the way, I wouldn't suggest to go there late at night or come back drunk early in the morning.

I don't know the club your talking about but on a Friday and Saturday night there are about 2 blocks of clubs and bars which are PACKED with people. Pretty nice to check out some day. Crowd is all Argentine and in general pretty young, think 16 to 22, but there are some bars that cater for older people eventhough I would think that if you are over 35 you stand out.

If your personal safety is an issue your probally better off picking the Belgrano train to Don Turquato (pretty nice small town with loads of German influences) and from there you can take the bus to San Miguel (I don't know which but it should be easy to find out)

There is a club called Coyote (or whatever the name is now) which is pretty well known by Argentines, even the daughter of the president goes there sometimes for example

Retired Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    I do, what do you want to know?
    Everything.

Exon

Imagina

For those of you who want to explore. If you take the train from F. LaCroze (on the B subte) after a 35 min ride to station Sgt Barufaldi (in San Miquel, X ruta 8) the club Imagina is across the street and about 100 yards to the left. Hard to miss. Closed on Mondays. Things start happening around midnight. Attached hotel. If I remember correctly its around 170p a hour for chica and room. Clean and safe. I think there is a 10p cover charge. No english spoken. But years ago when I couldn't speak spanish I always got by. There are several others in this general area but this is the biggest and the only one with really nice rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123  [View Original Post]
    I have no experience in the provincia Fucking, thats why I asked.

Exon
    I do, what do you want to know?

Retired Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    So share your experience, some might be interested, I am sure are.
    I have no experience in the provincia Fucking, thats why I asked.

Exon

So share your experience, some might be interested, I am sure are.

Retired Member

Smile

Yes, But can You Fuck.

Exon

Nightlife in provincia

For most it might be a bit off the beaten track but I do enjoy going out in Provincia because it's different then anything that offers Capital.

I would like to know if anybody has ever been to miclub in Banfield, the times I went to Banfield (soccer games) I enjoyed it and it's actually a pretty nice area. Can anybody tell if there is a good bus line that takes you to the center of Banfield from Capital?

I prefer Retiro, Paseo Colon or Constucion (actually not) but it could be from anywhere in Capital. I know of course that I can take the last Roca train and one of the first Roca trains back but I am not that comfortable with that.

For what it's worth some reviews about well known places in provincia.

Bosque: Pretty well known night club in Quilmes. Quilmes is about 20-30 minutes from Capital. Cab fare is about 60-70 peso but I normally take the bus. One of the 159 lines takes you right to the place but I don't know which one. I normally take the first one to arrive and about 30 minutes I get off at a busy place (like a bingo) and get a cab there. That would probally cost you around 15 to 20 peso. On the way back you can take the 159 bus back and it takes you straight to paseo Colon and microcentro. Frequency after 4 is actually pretty good and if you do go on a Thursday or Sunday you can probally travel with people who go to Capital to work.

Entrance after 2 is about 30 peso and includes a drink. Drinks in general are about 20% cheaper then a similar place in Capital. The place is a huge place in woods (the name comes from that) and if you go on a Thursday or Sunday night they open up 2 sala's and it's not so big. Probally room for about 700 to 1000 people.

Especially before 2.30 there are many more girls / woman than men, probally because there is some special offer for girls to enter, afterwards it evens out a bit but I would think there are probally still more girls then men.

I have mostly been on Thursday and sundays, probally around 15 times or so and only one time on a Friday night and the place is a lot bigger then and they also have a huge outside seating area which must pretty nice during the summer. Fridaynight it's probally a younger crowd, Thursday and Sunday night it's more mixed with either young girls who are under 23 and woman over 35, not a lot in between.

I have never tried but I am sure you will get loads of attention if you speak English loud and clear. It's basically a place where hardly any foreigners go and it's definitly different then any place you can find in Capital. I would think it's worthwhile to check out.

Pinar de Rocha: Also a well known club just outside Capital. If I am not mistaken it's about at 12000 Rivadavia, just 10-15 blocks outside of the limit of Capital.

I never felt scared but it's a bit of a shady area. I have been there one time on a Thursday night and it's pretty well known for Argentines as a place where there are loads of strippers. I would think it's pretty similar to Sunset which I also don't like.

It's definitly a lot different again and for a night out you can probally enjoy yourself. My guess is that you need to take a cab back for your own security and don't get too drunk there. Linea A of the subte is pretty close so it might be an idea to take the cab there and continue your trip on the subte.

I have also known good things about going out in Quilmes centro, but I have yet to check that out

Posting Limitations