Thread: Indian

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Gringotnt

17-22

Ok Guys,

I'm in BA (Elevage) from 17th in the morning until the night of the 22nd. Where is a good place to go on Sunday for lunch? Who wants to meet up for a few beers?

The Bottom Line

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    Trini,

As long as you have money, you should be okay. Don't worry about anything other than bringing a full wallet.
    It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    Trini,

I really wouldn't try to go the Mexican route. Most of the Mexicans you will ever see traveling in South America will usually be of the wealthy fair skinned variety that can easily pass for Argentinians or Europeans themselves. I've known quite a few Indians and they don't look like fair skinned Mexicans.
    I really wasn't planning to go the Mexican route. I am who I am, or thats what popeye said. Just trying to give you an idea of my complexion.

No worries WW

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    I was saying the dogboy's response was funny (not your original post) because, in Argentina a gentleman from India might be better received than one from Mexico (a member of the western hemisphere hispanic / latino population from which Argentinos like to distance themselves.

Your friends in Trinadad are correct. Argentinos have an attitude. However, the sad story of Venezuela over the past 30 years has given them much reason for spite and perhaps jealousy, too.
    I know what you meant WW. Besides being dark skinned I'm also thick skinned and very sarcastic / funny. But I try my best not to stereotype people. I guess I'll see for myself when / if I get there.

Looking foward to meeting up with a few of you to have a few beers.

Trini Gringo

Trini,

I really wouldn't try to go the Mexican route. Most of the Mexicans you will ever see traveling in South America will usually be of the wealthy fair skinned variety that can easily pass for Argentinians or Europeans themselves. I've known quite a few Indians and they don't look like fair skinned Mexicans.

About all you might be able to pass for would be the 100% Native American Mexican and I don't see that as being any different than being an Indian from Asia as far as how you will be received.

But in all honesty I don't really think that matters as far as working girls anyways. Do you really think they like the fat old white guys that come to Argentina? No, but they will accept their money nonetheless.

As long as you have money, you should be okay. Don't worry about anything other than bringing a full wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringotnt  [View Original Post]
    Hi Guys,

I'm indian and was wondering if these girls discriminate against guys of different races?

I would hate to go try and make a deal knowing that these girls don't like dark skinned guys. I'm not that dark though, I can pass for a mexican when I take a lot haircut.

Thanks in advance.

Trini Gringo

Trini

Well I'm glad I made you guys laugh. The reason I really asked is that I work with a few Venezuelans here in Trinidad and they all say that Argentinian people are really stuck up and full of themselves.

I hate to judge so I wanted to get a more unbiased opinion.

Trini Gringo
    I was saying the dogboy's response was funny (not your original post) because, in Argentina a gentleman from India might be better received than one from Mexico (a member of the western hemisphere hispanic / latino population from which Argentinos like to distance themselves.

Your friends in Trinadad are correct. Argentinos have an attitude. However, the sad story of Venezuela over the past 30 years has given them much reason for spite and perhaps jealousy, too.

How am I funny?

Wild Walleye:

Trini. Dogboy, in addition to being funny, was touching on the fact that Argentinos consider themselves to be more European than South American (I. E. They don't consider themselves to hispanic / latino)

Gringotnt:

Well I'm glad I made you guys laugh.

You're a funny guy, Trini. I guess Indians are the Argentines of Asia.

Well I'm glad I made you guys laugh. The reason I really asked is that I work with a few Venezuelans here in Trinidad and they all say that Argentinian people are really stuck up and full of themselves.

Trini Gringo
    You would have a difficult time finding folks from any south american or central american country (and many in the caribbean) who don't think the Argentines are "stuck up". I think there is some truth in it and some envy.

As a cuban explained to me, "Why do the Argentines go outside when it's lightening? Because they think God wants to take their picture".

Also remember, working girls, in general, are less likely to be stuck up (they can't afford to be), and there are lots of girls here from Paraguay. I can honestly say you will have zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    That definitely made me laugh out loud. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read it.

Trini. Dogboy, in addition to being funny, was touching on the fact that Argentinos consider themselves to be more European than South American (I. E. They don't consider themselves to hispanic / latino)

Trini Gringo

That's funny

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Trini-I don't think you'll have any problems being your Indian self. However, I hear the girls here definitely don't like indian guys who try to look like Mexicans.
    That definitely made me laugh out loud. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read it.

Trini - Dogboy, in addition to being funny, was touching on the fact that Argentinos consider themselves to be more European than South American (i.e. they don't consider themselves to hispanic/latino)

Hi Guys,

I'm indian and was wondering if these girls discriminate against guys of different races?

I would hate to go try and make a deal knowing that these girls don't like dark skinned guys. I'm not that dark though, I can pass for a mexican when I take a lot haircut.

Thanks in advance.

Trini Gringo
    Trini-I don't think you'll have any problems being your Indian self. However, I hear the girls here definitely don't like indian guys who try to look like Mexicans.

Tiny gringo

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Trini Gringo
    I think that this response, which I posted in reference to middle eastern looking men. I do not know if there exists specific xenophobia towards Indians. Perhaps that post is applicable to gentlemen form Indian decent as well.

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...l=1#post413006

I have met several professionals from India during my times in Bs As.

Indian

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Trini Gringo

Posting Limitations