Thread: The Real Argentinian Grill

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Mrropes
    Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    I can't help you because I can't afford the better restaurants. But I hope you will share with us where you had "wonderful seafood". I've had ok but nothing even close to wonderful.

Thanks, Bob
    The better resturaunts are not always necessary for a great meal. Family asados are great on a Sunday and the choripan at San Telmo market is pretty damn good for a few pesos. Places such as those at the Port and in the other tourist areas are good but the locals have their own great places.

Oh I guess I did not make it clear, I have had wonderful seafood elsewhere in Argentina, Ushuaia to be exact.

Thumbs up Parilla Pena fits the bill dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrropes  [View Original Post]
    One of my projects in Argentina this November is to write an article on "real" Argentinian food. What I want is to see and taste the specialities such as sweat breads, black pudding etc. I have had wonderful steak, lamb and seafood but need to try what the grill is really about.

Also what about goat? The tourist trap of La Estancia makes an overcooked, dry product.

Where should I go for something like this?

MR
    678 Rodriguez Pena. Enjoy. Happy Mongering All. Toymann.

Ps. Make sure you have the grilled argentine cheese (provaleta). They have the best in town in my experience.

I can't help you because I can't afford the better restaurants. But I hope you will share with us where you had "wonderful seafood". I've had ok but nothing even close to wonderful.

Thanks, Bob

The Real Argentinian Grill

One of my projects in Argentina this November is to write an article on "real" Argentinian food. What I want is to see and taste the specialities such as sweat breads, black pudding etc. I have had wonderful steak, lamb and seafood but need to try what the grill is really about.

Also what about goat? The tourist trap of La Estancia makes an overcooked, dry product.

Where should I go for something like this?

MR

Posting Limitations