This blog is moderated by Trampa
    Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    If it was still would be 2006 you would right going rate is about 1800-2000 peso
    Maybe in the city but in the rest of the country no. They just went through strikes and protests to get the 1200 (more or less, I don, t remember the exact figure). I do remember Kirschners home provencia saying the couldn't afford 1200 and Christina stepped in with extra money so the schools would open for the 2010 school year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Teachers earn around 1200p a turno. Dos turno (9 hour + day) 2400 p monthly.
    If it was still would be 2006 you would right going rate is about 1800-2000 peso

Quote Originally Posted by Seaman  [View Original Post]
    That is basically working 2 jobs! So just admit that the AR$5000 is way too high.

(And since when is AR$4000 "close" to AR$5000? Can I pay you 20% less and say "it is close enough"?)
    Teachers earn around 1200p a turno. Dos turno (9 hour + day) 2400 p monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Redondo strikes again!
    What can I say.

Redondo is on my ignore list. Trampa to follow soon. :-)

Talking How about a New Year's resolution to shut the fuck up?

Now I quit, open a another topic if you want to talk about average Argentine salaries

Cheers
    Redondo strikes again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Now back to the topic, how do people cope with the inflation if there income is fixed or only raises slightly? (like in most of the developed world)
    You, yes you, brought up the average income of AR$5000. Not me, not anyone else.

But to answer your question; That all depends on the lifestyle of a person. If he / she has an income of say U$D2500 a month, then I do not see how the inflation could make life impossible. Do not forget that over the last 2 years the peso declined about 20% to the U$D. See http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=ARS&view=5Y.

Besides this all, the peso is about to devalue again. 2011 will be the year. Around the elections. The government is running out of U$D and they have no "source" left anymore. So the support for the AR$ by the government will end, causing a price correction.

Now I quit, open a another topic if you want to talk about average Argentine salaries

Cheers

That is basically working 2 jobs! So just admit that the AR$5000 is way too high.

(And since when is AR$4000 "close" to AR$5000? Can I pay you 20% less and say "it is close enough"?)
    I don't consider 8 hours 180 days a year 2 jobs

Now back to the topic, how do people cope with the inflation if there income is fixed or only raises slightly? (like in most of the developed world)

State workers are paid better.

Teachers make about 2000 peso a turno, if they do 2 they make around 4000 peso and that brings them close to that average

2300 peso plus appartment, that would easily get you to 4k depending the value of the depto
    There is no value to the apartment since it can only be used for the portero / a. And most of these apartments are tiny.

The AR$2700 is a figure which is a lot more closer to reality. I do not know the exact figures, but a figure between AR$2500 and AR$3000 sounds correct. A good other indication is the salary of a portero / a. In my building that salary is AR$2300 / month. They have a very strong union (syndicato) so the salary is "not bad"/below average. But they get an apartment "for free".
    2300 peso plus appartment, that would easily get you to 4k depending the value of the depto

I know the police in BsAs make more money but I have no idea how much. The teachers are another large group of gov't workers making less then 2000p monthly. I don't believe there are a lot of "workers" with a "salary" of more then 3000p. Monthly. Plus I believe the recent census put the average salary at $2, 700p or there about.
    State workers are paid better.

Teachers make about 2000 peso a turno, if they do 2 they make around 4000 peso and that brings them close to that average

I know the police in BsAs make more money but I have no idea how much. The teachers are another large group of gov't workers making less then 2000p monthly. I don't believe there are a lot of "workers" with a "salary" of more then 3000p. Monthly. Plus I believe the recent census put the average salary at $2, 700p or there about.
    The AR$2700 is a figure which is a lot more closer to reality. I do not know the exact figures, but a figure between AR$2500 and AR$3000 sounds correct. A good other indication is the salary of a portero / a. In my building that salary is AR$2300 / month. They have a very strong union (syndicato) so the salary is "not bad"/below average. But they get an apartment "for free".

FYI not all State workers are police officers
    Correct. But you can use them as a decent benchmark to see what the average income is. (In a lot of countries, not AR, they are actually paid above average)

One of the sources you use, INDEC, is not exactly known for its correctness. (Remember that they are also the bureau who is releasing inflation figures.)

I think payslips tell a lot more then whatever INDEC claims. And again, payslips tell a different story. To give you an idea, the AR$5000 / month or U$D13500 / year is not being made by that many people in the government service. People work for the government for the additional benefits, not the salary.

Posting Limitations