This blog is moderated by Sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper  [View Original Post]
    It looks like this lifestyle is catching up to me. Yesterday I started feeling discomfort on my scrotum, as if it were burning. Now it burns when I pee and my genitals are very sensitive. As if someone has put icy-hot on them or something. The scrotum and penis still look healthy, but this just started yesterday.

Where should I go for this? My Spanish is not very good (it's passable I suppose) and I probably will not get to see my regular doctor for a few days, if he even got back from vacation yet.

If I suspect I have an STD, what is the best way of getting fast diagnosis / treatment? Does anyone know any good clinics that are open on Sunday (I'm in Palermo-Hollywood)? Otherwise I guess I'll just have to go to the hospital and ask.
    First, smart thing to do as recommended here is go get tested, simple and fast, relatively cheap here. The German hospital, Hospital Alemania has a clinic you can pay cash services for.

Second, treatment with incorrect antibiotics is on par with bad idea spreading resistant strains from over caution. Cipro is too broad spectrum for what you likely have.

Third, this is not advice or medical diagnosis. Just anonymous. 02 cents. Your symptoms presents as typical of chlamydia. If you have discharge in your urine you'd present the classic presentation for early onset, but more than half the cases presents asymptomatic of discharge. Usually azithromycin / 1g is the recommended treatment but usage without testing is a bad idea.

As one who visits bs. As often, I'm hoping you will take yourself off the market while you get tested and cured.

I agree with everybody else below. My advice was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    Please don't do this! I hope that a pharmacy here would not sell you any antibiotic without a prescription. Casual use of antibiotics is how antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria develop. And antibiotic resistant bacteria are becoming a huge problem. PLEASE check out this link:

http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/antibiot...ce-faqs.html#h

Bob.
    You can easily purchase antibiotics here without a script. But, I agree with Bob, not a particularly bright thing to do. You really have no idea what you are "treating". There is a thread somewhere about where to go to get the testing done. You can try Swiss Medical or Hospital Alemania for starters. If you are feeling the pressure just go to an ER, though they would probably find that irritating just as they do in the states.

Please don't do this! I hope that a pharmacy here would not sell you any antibiotic without a prescription. Casual use of antibiotics is how antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria develop. And antibiotic resistant bacteria are becoming a huge problem. PLEASE check out this link: http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/antibiot...ce-faqs.html#h

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiks Cube  [View Original Post]
    I would go to the pharmacy and get some penicillin or cipro. No prescription needed and should give you fast result. Probably not best advice to skip dr step but if you don't have doctor might help

Advice

I would go to the pharmacy and get some penicillin or cipro. No prescription needed and should give you fast result. Probably not best advice to skip dr step but if you don't have doctor might help

Must get checked for STD. Advice?

It looks like this lifestyle is catching up to me. Yesterday I started feeling discomfort on my scrotum, as if it were burning. Now it burns when I pee and my genitals are very sensitive. As if someone has put icy-hot on them or something. The scrotum and penis still look healthy, but this just started yesterday.

Where should I go for this? My Spanish is not very good (it's passable I suppose) and I probably will not get to see my regular doctor for a few days, if he even got back from vacation yet.

If I suspect I have an STD, what is the best way of getting fast diagnosis / treatment? Does anyone know any good clinics that are open on Sunday (I'm in Palermo-Hollywood)? Otherwise I guess I'll just have to go to the hospital and ask.

Posting Limitations