Thread: Study at UBA

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Trampa

Nobody said do something illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    I am not going to advice somebody something illegal
    We just suggested following local customs and practices (I. E. Greasing the skids). This is Argentina after all. Otherwise, feel free to assume your position at the end of the line, behind all the people currently in line and all those who will arrive in the future but play by the local rules.

A teacher Friend asks

What is he planning to study? If it's just Spanish, he doesn't need to do any of that, just enroll in a course in the UBA.

Whatever studies he plans to do other than Spanish will require a good level of Spanish, and a valid high school diploma, I don't think he needs to do again his high school subjects in Spanish.I never heard anybody mentioning that- just prove he's got the right level of Spanish and has completed high school.

As to the visa and bureaucracy, I don't know. But indeed there are special agreements and every country has a different one, he has to find out about it. There may even be countries that have agreements to just do the degree without the entry exams.which are mandatory for all Argentines.

It seems a bit a long shot but I would like to know if someone has any experience with a foreigner studying at the UBA. It's for a friend of mine who is not from South America and I am guessing there are special agreements for South Americans.

As far as I could found out this is probally the way forward.

1: Get a student. Visa for a private university or UBA foreign language institute.

2: Get a DNI (I have no experience with this but from what I red it's about 2 to 3 months)

3: Validate your high school diplomas.

If this is not possible take classes for people that did not finish secundary studies, which I believe is free.

4: Do an entry exam on various topics. You probally need good Spanish for this

Can anybody confirm if this true and maybe you have something more to add?

Is it possible to do step 3 in your home country or is UBA the only one who can do it?

I am not going to advice somebody something illegal

I think TL hit the nail on the head

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Just bribe somebody!

Works everytime!

TL.

P. S. I will stop by the place and see what you need to do!
    I have seen Cuit and DNI processes 'expedited. '

If you want to see something in Argentina move fast, apart from what one may see at the autodromo, pay it!

Just Bribe Somebody!

It seems a bit a long shot but I would like to know if someone has any experience with a foreigner studying at the UBA. It's for a friend of mine who is not from South America and I am guessing there are special agreements for South Americans.

1: Get a student. Visa for a private university or UBA foreign language institute.

2: Get a DNI (I have no experience with this but from what I red it's about 2 to 3 months)

If this is not possible take classes for people that did not finish secundary studies, which I believe is free.

Is it possible to do step 3 in your home country or is UBA the only one who can do it?
    Just bribe somebody!

Works everytime!

TL.

P. S. I will stop by the place and see what you need to do!

Study at UBA

1: Get a student - Visa for a private university or UBA foreign language institute

Posting Limitations