This blog is moderated by Moveon
    They have other locations like Bustamante 1788 off Santa Fe. The only place my Salta friends would eat locro. La Cocina used to be my favorite but I had a big fight with the owner because I wanted to take picture and they physically threaten me saying I was a CIA spy- not a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon  [View Original Post]
    If your home base happens to be in the general vicinity of the Alvear Hotel, try this hole in the wall. Authentic Argentine food, priced reasonable especially for Recoleta. Bavarian themed interior, complete with rude waiters who start walking away while you are ordering. The food was rustic but excellent. Superb generous portion of bife with papas fritas plus a 1/2 bottle of Malbec that was ready to drink and approachable (Elemento) = total bill was 95pesos for everything.. Mainly locals but on occasion you might find a lost gringo wandering in, head twisting in the wind. Don't order a side dish of bread which was rather plain and non-descriptive. Never got to try the desserts since I was full by that time. After 9pm, good luck trying to get a table.

EL SANJUANINO. Recoleta (Posadas 1515 (at Gallao). Tel:4804-2909

If your home base happens to be in the general vicinity of the Alvear Hotel, try this hole in the wall. Authentic Argentine food, priced reasonable especially for Recoleta. Bavarian themed interior, complete with rude waiters who start walking away while you are ordering. The food was rustic but excellent. Superb generous portion of bife with papas fritas plus a 1/2 bottle of Malbec that was ready to drink and approachable (Elemento) = total bill was 95pesos for everything.. Mainly locals but on occasion you might find a lost gringo wandering in, head twisting in the wind. Don't order a side dish of bread which was rather plain and non-descriptive. Never got to try the desserts since I was full by that time. After 9pm, good luck trying to get a table.

Posting Limitations