I've only tried this place once but certainly intend to return. It's fairly new. Maybe was open last year but definitely was not open two years ago. It's on Bollini near French. Bollini is an interesting street in that it's only two blocks long and cobble stone. So it gets very little traffic. Bollini runs between and parallel to Austria and (Sanchez de) Bustamante; and between and perpendicular to Pacheco de Melo and French.

The place is larger than it looks; it gets twice as wide when you've walked about 20 feet into it. Don't be misled by the menu in the window. For some reason they do not post the entire menu. So it might look like there are no desserts but there certainly are.

The place was not at all crowded when I walked in a little past 9 on a Saturday night but was pretty full when I left a little past 10.

I had the 1/2 portion of lomo, a side of fried sweet potatoes large enough for four people, two glasses of red wine, and chocolate mousse for $105. I don't think that you could touch that meal in the States for $26. And I think that price wise it compares very favorably with a recent meal I had at Parrilla Peņa. But Barbacoa has much nicer atmosphere than Parrilla Peņa and is air conditioned.