Thread: Looking for Maple Syrup

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Gandolf50

Maple syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr  [View Original Post]
    I think it's called "Jarabe de arce", I was in Cordoba a few years ago and couldn't find it anywhere. Then again I couldn't find breakfast anywhere either. We finally made some from boiling sugar and water on the stovetop but it was a poor substitute.
    I'll bring some next time I come to town and drop it with Jax. May he'll add pancakes to the menu for a Thursday night dinner.

If you get some maple extract (amazon) and add it to your 'simple syrup' (heat up sugar and water) you might get close to that for which you seek.

Maple syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Has anyone seen or bought maple syrup here? Does any one know the spanish name? Thanks!
    I think it's called "Jarabe de arce", I was in Cordoba a few years ago and couldn't find it anywhere. Then again I couldn't find breakfast anywhere either. We finally made some from boiling sugar and water on the stovetop but it was a poor substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhot  [View Original Post]
    I saw some at Jumbo (palermo) but that was like 1 month ago. It was expensive. A small bottle for like 40 pesos or something. But if you have to have it!
    Thanks a lot. I guess Monday I need to get into the city sand check out these leeds. Thanks again!

I saw some at Jumbo (palermo) but that was like 1 month ago. It was expensive. A small bottle for like 40 pesos or something. But if you have to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy  [View Original Post]
    I thought I saw some Aunt Jimina syrup (if that will work) in the huge Cotto's on French, near the corner of Puerreydon (Recoleta). But that was some time ago.
    Thanks. I will check it ouy!

Maple syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    I thought so too but I have not yet seen any. But they do seem to have something new every few months. I have asked at Walmart. They at least stock peanut butter now. Its even made in Argie land.
    I thought I saw some Aunt Jimina syrup (if that will work) in the huge Cotto's on French, near the corner of Puerreydon (Recoleta). But that was some time ago.

Smile

I thought so too but I have not yet seen any. But they do seem to have something new every few months. I have asked at Walmart. They at least stock peanut butter now. Its even made in Argie land.

I don't think that I've ever seen it there. Jumbo would be on my list of places to try.

Bob

Looking for Maple Syrup

Has anyone seen or bought maple syrup here? Does any one know the spanish name? Thanks!

Posting Limitations