This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre
    It's cyclical, more robberies = public outcry = more cops. More cops = less robberies = public content = cops sent to somewhere else. And it starts all over again!

I doubt if Mpexy's non-hustler was a cop. Probably some idiot trying to be funny though everything is possible.

Dog, the plainclothes were probably immigration officers. They usually visit the clubs in packs with one or two federal cops for protection. The normal procedure is that they visit the club, have the owner or manager send the girls one or two at a time to the dressing rooms where they check their IDs. If they find one without the correct papers (most of them) they just give them a citation to go to immigrations to fix their situation. If they find a minor they turn her over to the police who then fine the club owner who then either pays the fine or more likely gives it to his lawyers who buries it under so much paper work it usually expires before any money is paid. And life goes on, and on and on!

Makes sense, I recall reading in the Herald last week about some break in. Must be pretty bad for the petty crooks to be breaking into this neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Interesting. I would bet the non-hustler was a cop, but who knows.

As for the walking uniforms, there continues to be a slew of breakins in the Recoleta area. I know a guy who lives with his wife in Recoleta, who told me just the other day that increased police presence had been requested by many families in his neighborhood. My friend recently bought a handgun and is obviously concerned. Also, there is, and has been for a long time, a lot of snatching and grabbing in the area where you're living. Maybe that's on the upswing as well.

Interesting. I would bet the non-hustler was a cop, but who knows.

As for the walking uniforms, there continues to be a slew of breakins in the Recoleta area. I know a guy who lives with his wife in Recoleta, who told me just the other day that increased police presence had been requested by many families in his neighborhood. My friend recently bought a handgun and is obviously concerned. Also, there is, and has been for a long time, a lot of snatching and grabbing in the area where you're living. Maybe that's on the upswing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Went to scout chicas at Madahos last night. Sunday so knew would be slower than weekdays but wanted to see a Sunday that wasn't raining like last time I was there, which was totally dead.

This time not that bad, but more to point of thread here, as I was waking over there a guy stopped me on street just before crossing to Madahos side. Didn't identify himself as a cop and was definitely not one of the usual card hustlers but asked me if I was going into the boliche and I said yes. Asked me if I was a tourist and said yes. Asked me what kind of girls I like and I said I like all kinds of girls, long as they are "caliente" and he laughed and waved me on.

No idea if was a cop, some random argentine or something else, but definitely not a card hustler because he never once tried to pass one on me or ecorted me to door to make sure got credit like the normal hustlers do.

Also. Today in morning and returning just now in afternoon shopping and errands, saw bit of non-standard police activity. There's always solo orange vest tourist police stationed or walking around where I live, tourist heart of Recoleta. But today I saw at least two bands of three police each walking a 4-5 block radius all around from about the Alvear hotel.

Have seen the 2-3 stationed in front of judges places and the plenty of solo tourist police all over nice parts of town but first time since 2005 I've seen multiple bands of police roaming around recoleta

Went to scout chicas at Madahos last night. Sunday so knew would be slower than weekdays but wanted to see a Sunday that wasn't raining like last time I was there, which was totally dead.

This time not that bad, but more to point of thread here, as I was waking over there a guy stopped me on street just before crossing to Madahos side. Didn't identify himself as a cop and was definitely not one of the usual card hustlers but asked me if I was going into the boliche and I said yes. Asked me if I was a tourist and said yes. Asked me what kind of girls I like and I said I like all kinds of girls, long as they are "caliente" and he laughed and waved me on.

No idea if was a cop, some random argentine or something else, but definitely not a card hustler because he never once tried to pass one on me or ecorted me to door to make sure got credit like the normal hustlers do.

Also. Today in morning and returning just now in afternoon shopping and errands, saw bit of non-standard police activity. There's always solo orange vest tourist police stationed or walking around where I live, tourist heart of Recoleta. But today I saw at least two bands of three police each walking a 4-5 block radius all around from about the Alvear hotel.

Have seen the 2-3 stationed in front of judges places and the plenty of solo tourist police all over nice parts of town but first time since 2005 I've seen multiple bands of police roaming around recoleta

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    Do you local guys see an increase in this type of activity? Do you think that the economic issues are hitting the cops, too (I. E. Graft and payoffs don't seem to go as far as they used to?) and that these raids are business development activities (or notification of rate increases)? Are these the federal police or the new metro guys, trying to cut in on the fed cops territory?
    Aqualung would have a better read on the motivations than I would. As for whether there has been an increase, definitely so, at least in the Recoleta clubs, particularly on the Vicente Lopez stretch. Seems to be a pretty regular thing along there. These are not the new Metro police, as far as I can tell. I don't think they are involved in this. These also did not appear to be the gendarmerie, but they were plainclothes, whatever that means. Just the regular federal cops.

There has been an increase in these activities since Nilda Garre was named head police lady.

Do you local guys see an increase in this type of activity? Do you think that the economic issues are hitting the cops, too (I. E. Graft and payoffs don't seem to go as far as they used to?) and that these raids are business development activities (or notification of rate increases)? Are these the federal police or the new metro guys, trying to cut in on the fed cops territory?

Regular Recoleta coppers

The coppers were out in Recoleta again last night. They were in Plays for a long time. Plainclothes types. Must have been 10 of them. This activity seems to be pretty much routine now, with Friday nights popular for the scrutinizing. After they left, the place went about business as usual.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skittenbrever  [View Original Post]
    But I never felt to be in a seedy joint with miserable women. Quite the opposite it seemed all so classy. And dare I say, democratic!
    In Buenos Aires City, the main legal issue regarding prostitution is the existence of working minors. Situations of sexual slavery are more frequent in some of the Northern provinces (like Tucuman, Catamarca, La Rioja) , at least according to the news. According to the press, these recent procedures are not being put forward by the Police but by the Justice Department. Other actions regarding work slavery (but unrelated to sexual work) have also been reported.

By favorite privado got hit too. In Belgrano

About ten days ago.

I couldn't get hold of my favorite 'independente' at Belgrano, so on the spur of the moment

I went to a privado I knew at Cabildo 2480? (if I remember the door no. Correcctly?), just where Juramento meets Cabildo but on the other side of Cabildo.

I was walking there, then I saw a big crowd there at the entrance to the privado (which was a single door to a 'casita') with a few uniformed policemen and police cars. Loads of obviously plain clothes policemen talking and looking as if they owned the place.

The door to the house was wide open (normally its very shut) , where I suppose the girls had been led out by the policemen, before I came.

One plain clothes policeman in typically aviatar sun glasses and moustache was looking at me suspiciously. Before he could make the first move (as I was the only pedestrian onlooker) , I scrammed out of there as fast as possible.

Strange, the place was very neat and tidy even classy I would say, the girls pretty and very friendly,

But Paraguayian and reasonalby cheap. 200 for half an hour! I suppose it was a case of sex slavery. But I never felt to be in a seedy joint with miserable women. Quite the opposite it seemed all so classy. And dare I say, democratic!

The storm troopers were out in Recoleta Friday night. In and out of boliches near Madahos. They probably had been in Madahos, but when I showed up in the area they were in Hellas and soon to be in Sodoma and Brut. Usually not an issue for mongers, but make sure you always have a copy of your passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin Bob  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for the link, Guiller.

'Se encontró prostitucióand en la mayoría de los lugares, pero no situaciones de trata de personas', indicaron las fuentes.

Prostitution was found in a majority of the places.

Which I guess means they didn't find any in a minority of the places?
    Yes, they didn't care about prostitution. They were looking for minors, or for sexual slavery situations (women who are forced to work as prostitutes against their will). Other similar procedures related to work slavery (but unrelated to sexual services) took place during the summer.

On the Case

Thanks for the link, Guiller.

'Se encontró prostitucióand en la mayoría de los lugares, pero no situaciones de trata de personas', indicaron las fuentes.

Prostitution was found in a majority of the places.

Which I guess means they didn't find any in a minority of the places?

Local news' description of these events: http://www.infobae.com/notas/567630-...y-Shampoo.html (original in Spanish)

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...YfZfsVv-RuHZkA

(Google translation)

Bau

Likewise at New Port, Hippo and Madahos. Business as usual.

No crackdown signs

Everything was back to completely normal in the Triangle last night.

Well, "normal" as you like it.

Posting Limitations