Thread: Restaurants that cater

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Administrator

Venues: 398

PeruDeli in Palermo to cater Thursday's dinner.

Greetings everyone,

A forum member turned me on to a Peruvian restaurant in his neighborhood that was interested in catering our dinners.

The restaurant is PeruDeli in Palermo. I spoke with the owner "Caesar", who is an American living here in BA. We discussed the menu options (which is online at http://www.peru-deli.com/) and he's going to deliver full pans of a couple of his dishes (lomo saltado and one other I need to select) for Thursday's dinner, along with the ubiquitous rice, etc.

However, this one restaurant doesn't end the search, so please let me know of any other restaurants that you believe might be interested in catering the dinners.

Thanks,

Jackson

A Personal Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Greetings everyone,

Now that my chef got a full-time job at a restaurant in Puerto Madero, I've decided to switch the game plan for the weekly dinners from cooking in-house to having the main courses delivered.

Apparently that's easier said than done.

There are lots of restaurants that will deliver individual portions, but what I need is a restaurant that will prepare and deliver (or we pickup)"family style" orders for a buffet service, I. E. An entire pan of lasagna or baked salmon, a large bowl of mashed potatoes or vegetables, etc.

Salads are prepared by the AP staff, and bread and desserts we already outsource, so my focus here is finding restaurants from which we can procure the main entrees each week.

Chinese food is easy because it can be served in large bowls right from the delivery cartons, and we've already utilized the China Garden as on previous occasions, but we can't each Chinese food every week.

I thought Italian food would also be an easy choice, but Broccolino only offers individual portions, and plus they dropped their meat lasagna from their menu, so they're out.

I'd also like to do a parrilla night every now and then, but that will have to wait until I can bring a decent BBQ grill back with me from the USA on my next visit, as apparently no such device exists here in Argentina.

Anyway, I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions for restaurants in Recoleta or the Microcenter who you have reason to believe might be interested in providing the above described catering services.

Suggestions many be posted here or sent to me via PM.

Thanks,

Jackson
    I have a couple of personal chefs that can custom cook your dinner at their place and bring it to your place to complete the preparation or bring it ready to serve.

Maybe a final heating up, etc.

Would be a much higher quality and lower cost than a resto-bars catered or delivered menu items.

TL.

P. S. The BBQ grill can be custom made using internet plans. Easy and affordable.

Bringing one down will be a headache.

Also, if you go here: http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restauran...very-Online-1/

You will find 42 restaurants which "are supposed to" let you order online and then they deliver.

Catering and Food

Hi Jackson,

Perhaps this is quite foolish of me (who has yet to come to BA) to offer advice and help to you, but just trying to be of assistance. In my research, I stumbled across a couple of sites for food and catering, one of which caught my attention. The link below;

http://www.buenosairesdelivery.com/

If this noes not help, pardon my butting in. If it does, then good.

Best,

Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Greetings everyone,

Now that my chef got a full-time job at a restaurant in Puerto Madero, I've decided to switch the game plan for the weekly dinners from cooking in-house to having the main courses delivered.

There are lots of restaurants that will deliver individual portions, but what I need is a restaurant that will prepare and deliver (or we pickup)"family style" orders for a buffet service, I. E. An entire pan of lasagna or baked salmon, a large bowl of mashed potatoes or vegetables, etc.

Salads are prepared by the AP staff, and bread and desserts we already outsource, so my focus here is finding restaurants from which we can procure the main entrees each week.

Chinese food is easy because it can be served in large bowls right from the delivery cartons, and we've already utilized the China Garden as on previous occasions, but we can't each Chinese food every week.

I thought Italian food would also be an easy choice, but Broccolino only offers individual portions, and plus they dropped their meat lasagna from their menu, so they're out.

I'd also like to do a parrilla night every now and then, but that will have to wait until I can bring a decent BBQ grill back with me from the USA on my next visit, as apparently no such device exists here in Argentina.

Anyway, I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions for restaurants in Recoleta or the Microcenter who you have reason to believe might be interested in providing the above described catering services.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398

Restaurants that cater

Greetings everyone,

There are lots of restaurants that will deliver individual portions, but what I need is a restaurant that will prepare and deliver (or we pickup) "family style" orders for a buffet service, i.e. an entire pan of lasagna or baked salmon, a large bowl of mashed potatoes or vegetables, etc.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations