Thread: Gas Grills with Lava Rocks

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Time  [View Original Post]
    Lava rocks on top of a gas grille were off the market at least 10 years ago in North America. Nowadays it is gas grilles with stainless steel v shaped plates over the entire length of each gas burner.
    That's not what I saw in Home Depot last month.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Greetings everyone,

I'd like to buy an "American" style (for lack of a better term) gas grill.

The type of grill I am referring to has two grills, one directly above the burners that supports a layer of "lava" rocks, with another grill above it where the food is cooked. The top grill is fabricated from bars approximately 1/4 inch in diameter, and the grease that falls from the grilled meat falls onto the lava rocks. Additionally, the ideal grill may be wheeled about and is fueled by tanks of propane gas.

In other words, a standard gas grill that one may find in millions of American patios.

Attachment 27925

Attachment 27923

Attachment 27924

Yes, there are thousands of gas grills available for sale in Buenos Aires. However, I do NOT Want the standard Argentine configuration wherein the meat is cooked directly by the gas flame on a grill fabricated from "V" shaped channels intended to catch the ensuing grease and direct it to a grease can.

Suggestions many be posted here or sent to me via PM.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Lava rocks on top of a gas grille were off the market at least 10 years ago in North America. Nowadays it is gas grilles with stainless steel v shaped plates over the entire length of each gas burner.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Are you sure this is not one of your chicas.

SANTIANA NELY.

(011) 4734-1075.

San Martíand 3355 2 A. Caseros. BUENOS AIRES.
    And what a chica she is. About 80 years old!

! I believe she is the owner's mother. She lives upstairs. They most likely share the phone. I know she answers the phone when they are closed. The street number sounds about right. Good work!

Number

Are you sure this is not one of your chicas.

SANTIANA NELY.

(011) 4734-1075.

San Martín 3355 2 A. Caseros. BUENOS AIRES.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Estilo Country. I remember its on Ave. San Martine about 7 blocks from the train station to the south. It will be on the right side as your walking away from the station. Their # is (was) 4734 1075. You can call and get the exact address.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Hi Gandolf50,

Can you post the street address of this place in Caseros?

I'd like to pay them a visit.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Estilo Country. I remember its on Ave. San Martine about 7 blocks from the train station to the south. It will be on the right side as your walking away from the station. Their # is (was) 4734 1075. You can call and get the exact address.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    If you mean a gas grill I know a place in Caseros that sells them. They can even order one custom to your specs. I am sure there are other places too because these people don't make them, they just sell them.
    Hi Gandolf50,

Can you post the street address of this place in Caseros ?

I'd like to pay them a visit.

Thanks,

Jackson

BBQ Grills

If you mean a gas grill I know a place in Caseros that sells them. They can even order one custom to your specs. I am sure there are other places too because these people don't make them, they just sell them.

Administrator

Gas Grills with Lava Rocks

Greetings everyone,

I'd like to buy an "American" style (for lack of a better term) gas grill.

The type of grill I am referring to has two grills, one directly above the burners that supports a layer of "lava" rocks, with another grill above it where the food is cooked. The top grill is fabricated from bars approximately 1/4 inch in diameter, and the grease that falls from the grilled meat falls onto the lava rocks. Additionally, the ideal grill may be wheeled about and is fueled by tanks of propane gas.

In other words, a standard gas grill that one may find in millions of American patios.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill-with-lava-rocks-A.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	27925

Name:	gas-bbq-grill.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	27923

Name:	Gas Grill.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	27924

Yes, there are thousands of gas grills available for sale in Buenos Aires. However, I do NOT want the standard Argentine configuration wherein the meat is cooked directly by the gas flame on a grill fabricated from "V" shaped channels intended to catch the ensuing grease and direct it to a grease can.

Suggestions many be posted here or sent to me via PM.

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations