Thread: The Asuncion Travel Guide

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by GoodGuy

Assuncion

I was in Paraguay last year. I was aware of the $160.00 visa fee but I didn't that if you buy your vise entrance card when you enter its only good for 120 days. I was told that if purchased before hand at a paraguay consulate office it doesn't expire until your current passport expires. Strange huh.

World's Happiest Countries Gallup Poll

Paraguay is the happiest country in the world, with 87 percent of residents scoring high on an index of positive emotions, according to the latest Gallup poll on well-being.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...raguay-n110981

Anybody want to meet up this weekend in asuncion?

I'll be in asuncion this weekend if anybody is interested in meeting up for a drink or dinner. I'm coming from BA and it will be my first time in asuncion so it would be nice to actually meet up with somebody who knows the ropes and the local layout. Just send me a PM. Thanks guys.

And more from "Descubriendo Paraguay"

http://discoveringparaguay.com/home/radio-soo-lugo/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LivingAndTravelingInParaguay-ViviendoYViajandoEnParaguay+%28Discovering+Paraguay+-+Descubriendo+Paraguay%29

Maybe Lugo's "war on corruption" was unpopular with the Senate!

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Tim  [View Original Post]
    Looks like Paraguay will remain a viable mongering destination:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/wo...l.html?_r=1&hp

The Lefties in South America are throwing a hissy fit. LOL :)

Been a long time

I can't remember honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    This is the nicest place I have seen in town. Last time I stayed at the Guarani Esplendor, my friends have rooms at the asuncion palace and the armele that I have been in.

Clean rooms, turn down service, a great breakfast buffet. I had a problem with the room when the shitter did not work and they fixed it in under an hour and gave me an apology.

I got a deal on priceline and I only paid 65US a night. It is four stars barely, but by far the nicest hotel in town. The normal rate is around 120US at this time.

English speaking staff, and free airport transfers. The sheets have a real thread count to them and the king size bed is not two beds pushed together. Nice fluffly bathrobe also.

I got a free massage also after staying for 3 days. There was no happy ending, it was professional. Trust me I tried. It was a 20$ value according to the price list in the elevator.
    Hi Gato hope you are well.

I stay there the majority of the times I'm in ASU. Was wondering whether you'd taken a look at the Granados's book and done any of their chicas?

There is one there by the name of Karen, fake blonde, very interesting, intense girl although will open up more after 1-2 sessions. Lovely looking but maybe 3-4 kilos overweight.

Cheers

Bring a pen also maybe a magazine for something to write on also bring passports, get photo taken a few doors down the street on the same side fill out form and pay get recipt, go next dsy get passport easy. I get in next Monday I can show anyone maybe mid next week I they have not figured it out by then.

Stay horny my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Canardly  [View Original Post]
    Good point. Go to the photo place one block from the Embassy, also ask them to photocopy personal information page of your US passport.
    Better yet get a passport card to carry around. Cheap and a good backup.

Good point. Go to the photo place one block from the Embassy, also ask them to photocopy personal information page of your US passport.

I can 100% assure you that you will not get on a plane pass go or anywhere else unless its on the way home from the airport without a visa its easy to do I posted in this thread about it. Don't forget about cutting in th line they did it so when in rome. Get your photos taken next door not in the states they have to be just a certian size. I found this out the hard way. And yes I know the monger that was sent home from the airport last year with no visa. Paraguayan embassy only accepts USD in cash bring change tooi think it was 45$ when I got mine now I heard is 85$could be wrong.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gato Hunter For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lgover  [View Original Post]
    Websites mention getting visa before travel.

Is it possible for Americans to get visa on landing in ASU like in BA?
    Just go visit the Paraguayan Embassy in BA- I think it is 1861 Viamonte.

They will give 24 hour turnaround service, cost me a little over $100 in January.

Then my passport was stolen 9pm in Calle Florida. I had a 9am flight to Asuncion the next morning.

Report at Police Station (Levalle). First an optimistic visit to EZE. Then US Embassy (about 1 hour). Paraguayan Embassy. Another $100. Back to Paraguayan Embassy 2 hours later. Airline office.

Made it to Asuncion same day!

I think this is another example of Ineptocracy (definition supplied by Jackson)

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy). A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

In one way or another all governments are grossly incompetent and / or grossly corrupt. Argentina leads the pack. Grossly incompetent and grossly corrupt. Obama seems to be another Christina. But at the end of the day, expecting something good from government is similiar to looking at a donkey and calling it a racehorse.

And you are right Tim. As far as pussy goes. Paraguay is the best and probably will be the best for a long time . Provided you know where the pussy is in Paraguay.

Looks like Paraguay will remain a viable mongering destination:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/wo...l.html?_r=1&hp

The Lefties in South America are throwing a hissy fit. LOL : )

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tequila Tim For This Post:

No they will send you home from the airport and not even let you on the plane

Visa requirements for entry to Paraguay

Websites mention getting visa before travel.

Is it possible for Americans to get visa on landing in ASU like in BA?

Quote Originally Posted by El Alamo  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for the news.

There will be 4 flights a week. Miami to ASU Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday leaving at 11:40pm and arriviung ASU 9:40am. ASU to Miami leaving Monday, Wed, Fri and Sunday leaving 11am and arriving 5:05pm.

Over the past year both TACA and COPA have added extensive flights from ASU to Miami with very short layovers in Lima or Panama City. Aerosur has flights from ASU to Miami with a short layover in Santa Cruz but Aerosur can be a disaster with cancelled and late flights. Also TAM has flights from ASU to Miami with a short stop in San Paulo. And there is always the fun ASU to Miami with Aerolineas Argentina with a short stop in Buenos Aires.

The point is, there is a lot of movement and a lot of wealth in Paraguay. A little country larger than California but with only 6-7 million people. Incredible natural resources and immense hydroelectric power. Most importantly, a population that never was subjected to the Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Christina or Morales class warfare baloney. This people are astute, get up early and work hard. Nobody is looking for a handout.

Posting Limitations