Thread: Cristina K bans Adult Classified Ads

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Rock Harders

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    CFK doesn't give a rat's ass about appeasing Obama or the states, particularly before an election.
    I'm no scholar of Argentine politics, but don't candidates, for any office, usually run away from the US and towards folks like Chavez in the run up to an election? That said, there is an awful lot of political crap that gets in the way of legitimate business, in Argentina (apologies for stating the obvious).

As Gysell points out, she is looking for women voters,
    I always find it funny when cracking down on prostitution is served up in pre-election posturing (particularly in the US).

In the US, It is almost always a pure sop to voters usually driven by local politicians looking to score points by making busts and 'cleaning up' the streets (all this while violent crime receives no more attention) and playing to women voters (who could never fathom the need for this type of companionship. Which is why it exists). I can't imagine too many people fall for it, but it happens all the time."They" must have done the calculus and determined that hookers don't tend to shoot cops, so its a win-win. If one of your cops gets hurt or killed actually fighting dangerous criminals before an election you get a negative double whammy (city is unsafe and you are getting you people hurt / killed) which is not good for politics (or the cop).

In the case of Argentina, I thought that men are supposed to get some 'cultural' slack regarding scratching one's itches, so why pick on pros?

and as others have pointed out, this is part of the Kirchnerites ongoing huge to the death battle with Clarin, and some other newspapers.
    With all of the acrimony and attacks directed at Clarin, I can't imagine too many people will think that Christina is cleaning anything up rather, I would expect frightening clarity regarding the fact that she is continuing to abuse the office in order to in order to fulfill personal vendettas. It is consistent with the attack on Clarin's licenses in that they are trying to destroy the businesses that fund the organization. This is directed at weakening Clarin by taking away their sources of revenues and profits. The fact that it damages other unrelated private citizens (I. E. All the other publishers and related business) doesn't even merit a thought. That is pretty scary stuff and a large part of why Argentina remains off the table for many global investors.

If I was a voter, I would be a little afraid of that kind of power.

I think some of this may die down after the election, but on the other hand, CFK is filling her administration now with arrogant little facist shits who know better how you and I should live.
    It is all about controlling the individual and continuing 'his' dependence upon the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    CFK doesn't give a rat's ass about appeasing Obama or the states, particularly before an election. As Gysell points out, she is looking for women voters, and as others have pointed out, this is part of the Kirchnerites ongoing huge to the death battle with Clarin, and some other newspapers. I think some of this may die down after the election, but on the other hand, CFK is filling her administration now with arrogant little facist shits who know better how you and I should live.
    Totally agree

CFK doesn't give a rat's ass about appeasing Obama or the states, particularly before an election. As Gysell points out, she is looking for women voters, and as others have pointed out, this is part of the Kirchnerites ongoing huge to the death battle with Clarin, and some other newspapers. I think some of this may die down after the election, but on the other hand, CFK is filling her administration now with arrogant little facist shits who know better how you and I should live.

Trying to Appease Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan the Man  [View Original Post]
    I may be jaded in my view, but I have to believe that Cristina's tactics aren't really about trying to protect women or stop trafficking. If that's what she was trying to accomplish, you would see a similar effort directed at the boliches and privados.

She declared war on Clarin and other newspapers about two years ago. Taking away advertising revenue and possibly readers is just one more way to do that. I would submit that this is what her campaign really is about.

Has she actually gone after any of the online sites, or has she just paid lip service to that idea? Perhaps she has a dual motive, but she's been taking swipes at the newspapers for some time now. It would make sense if this is part of that same campaign, just dressed up in drag as a moral crusade. Just my two cents. I haven't followed the issue closely beyond what's been posted here, so I'll be the first to admit that I could be way off target.
    Trying to appease Obama and appear legitimate.

Immediately received a positive response by the American Government's Mouthpiece at the Embassy here.

Also a woman!

CFK is also a woman so it does make sense.

Italian Prime Minister outlawed sex with underaged girls but he still fucks them!

I love his style!

Likes to pull a cork every once in a while too!

Can't trust anybody that won't have a drink every once in a while.

TL

This thing will go away like the Fibertel decree to get Clarin. SOS from a two bit dictator.

Looks like its constitutionality is already being challenged.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...NEu_uXXzjlyCjw

CFK Motivation

I may be jaded in my view, but I have to believe that Cristina's tactics aren't really about trying to protect women or stop trafficking. If that's what she was trying to accomplish, you would see a similar effort directed at the boliches and privados.

She declared war on Clarin and other newspapers about two years ago. Taking away advertising revenue and possibly readers is just one more way to do that. I would submit that this is what her campaign really is about.

Has she actually gone after any of the online sites, or has she just paid lip service to that idea? Perhaps she has a dual motive, but she's been taking swipes at the newspapers for some time now. It would make sense if this is part of that same campaign, just dressed up in drag as a moral crusade. Just my two cents. I haven't followed the issue closely beyond what's been posted here, so I'll be the first to admit that I could be way off target.

CFK wants to be president again and are looking for the women voters of this country."Your husband spend more time at home because he can't call prostitutes or smoke in bars with friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    Much depends upon the laws of the hosting country, where the transaction takes place (I. E. Paying server bills, ad bills, etc).

For example, most of the ads for Russian comfort women are hosted outside of Russia, for exactly those reasons.
    That all depends on the law of the country where the service is provided / managed from. There are countries in the world who define in their laws that it does not matter where the server is located, but it does matter if the site is managed from the country it is targeting.

Since I am not familiar enough with the Argentine law it is very hard to say if this decree is applicable to the "off-shore" sites or not. There are very few "cheap" hosting companies in Argentina with their hardware in Argentina. So if this decree is not applicable to off-shore servers, than most of the sites would not have a problem. (Except for Bairesgirls and Platynum which are hosted in Argentina.)

BS Politics as usual (AKA: do as I say not as I do)

"Rep. Chris Smith, R-N. J, one of the authors of the law that established the report and offered protection to trafficking victims, said he was "deeply disappointed" that China was given a political waiver despite its ongoing and expanding problem of human trafficking, particularly sex-trafficking of women and girls."

Politicians who pay for sex are a rarity today (heavy sarcasm). Former Governor of NY Spitzer for example was a strong crusader against prostitution cause it served his career as attorney general, but was a high paying client of a prostitute.

Any person that wants to be a leader should not be a leader as they often are seeking to serve their own selfish interests and not those of the general good.

What all this banning does is create the illusion of action / concern (like sweeping a dirt floor). All that it does is cause a small portion of AR money to be spent in some other country hosting the servers (Brazil, Paraguay, etc) as has been pointed out. All some enterprising monger has to do is create an app that will do the same thing via a smartphone and then what could the government do? Put a surveillance tap on all smartphones? Block internet traffic? Eventually Argentina could end up a police state like China. Perhaps it would be possible to through in some monkey wrenches into Cristina K's regime, bring unwanted media and legal pressure on her. I am not sure how convoluted the AR court system is but what if a large enough number of lawsuits regarding free speech were filed against her (or perhaps even for her pension swindle)? I'm not talking about a winning outcome but just something to suck up her time dealing with it (sort of like being stung by a hundred ants vs one big bear).

I don't know but it just seems like Cristina K is as bad an egg as her husband and needs to get tossed.

Cornoir.

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.". Thomas Jefferson

Local Chica Sites

There are lots of well known local chica sites that are up and running, to include those like www.adoos.com.ar that originate in BA.

As you know

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    You're right that the Argentina government would find it virtually (no pun intended) impossible to shut down a website that was hosted in a foreign server. However, if they could trace the owner of the domain name or whoever was paying the server bill to someone who was living in Argentina, or if they "followed the money" by simply posing as a potential advertiser on said website, the Argentine government could target said individual for further legal action.
    Much depends upon the laws of the hosting country, where the transaction takes place (I. E. Paying server bills, ad bills, etc).

For example, most of the ads for Russian comfort women are hosted outside of Russia, for exactly those reasons.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessan  [View Original Post]
    I don't see how the can stop online adds. The servers can easily be located outside of Argentina. I am sure there are many countries that won't respond to Argentina request to shut down a site. And if they do, the site can just be moved to a different server.
    You're right that the Argentina government would find it virtually (no pun intended) impossible to shut down a website that was hosted in a foreign server. However, if they could trace the owner of the domain name or whoever was paying the server bill to someone who was living in Argentina, or if they "followed the money" by simply posing as a potential advertiser on said website, the Argentine government could target said individual for further legal action.

I don't see how the can stop online adds. The servers can easily be located outside of Argentina. I am sure there are many countries that won't respond to Argentina request to shut down a site. And if they do, the site can just be moved to a different server.

Fucktards

I just traveled to Seattle and they are doing something similar there. The mayor has banned all funding for advertizements from the city in the two papers that have adult ads. The city advertized concerts, plays etc that were happening at the city owned arena.

This whole thing is being spearheaded by Ashton and Demi.

Do they really think that banning advertizements will magically fix everything and when they wake up it will be as they wished? Its just going to drive it underground, and encourage pimping.

Holland is doing the same thing by banning the sale of pot to foreigners in Amsterdam. There is just going to be some dude outside the coffee shop selling.

Posting Limitations