Thread: $800 become the norm?

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by RandomQuestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    I say fuck them all and let God sort them out.
    That's the best idea yet!

I prefer to sort the ugly ones out ahead of time.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    I did not realize that you are a believer, Mr Jackson?
    Member #3320,

My comment was a humorous play on a well known American expression, which is why its meaning may have escaped you.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson does not believe in god. He believes only in a reasonable rate of return.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    I did not realize that you are a believer, Mr Jackson?

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain  [View Original Post]
    I checked the definitions in various dictionaries and online.

"Hispanic" and it says "a Spanish-speaking person living in the USA, esp. One of Latin American descent."

"Caucasian " and it says " a white person; a person of European origin."

"Latina" and it says "a Latin American inhabitant of the United States."

So as per above, the white looking Argies are indeed Caucasian as their origin is indeed Europe!

And since the Argies still live in Argentina and not in USA, basis the definitions they can't be called Hispanics or as Latinas as "yet"!

So a dark skinned Argentine would be called a "Afro Argentine". A Argentine whose forefathers were lets say "Arab" would be called "Arab Argentine".

A dark skinned Dominicana visiting Argentina would be called a "Afro- Dominicana".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

I checked the definitions in various dictionaries and online.

"Hispanic" and it says "a Spanish-speaking person living in the USA, esp. One of Latin American descent."

"Caucasian " and it says " a white person; a person of European origin."

"Latina" and it says "a Latin American inhabitant of the United States."

So as per above, the white looking Argies are indeed Caucasian as their origin is indeed Europe!

And since the Argies still live in Argentina and not in USA, basis the definitions they can't be called Hispanics or as Latinas as "yet"!

So a dark skinned Argentine would be called a "Afro Argentine". A Argentine whose forefathers were lets say "Arab" would be called "Arab Argentine".

A dark skinned Dominicana visiting Argentina would be called a "Afro- Dominicana".

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCat  [View Original Post]
    Well sorry to burst a bubble here but light or dark, Dominicanas are Hispanic.
    Your right of course, but at the same time dark skinned Dominican's and lite skinned Argentinos just don't seem to fit the "latino" description (for lack of a better word). Or as WC says it does not fit inside my "bubble"

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Very true and that's a good point. I guess its a tricky distinction. For example Dominicans consider themselves "latino". For the light skinned ones I could agree, but the dark skinned ones?
    Well sorry to burst a bubble here but light or dark, Dominicanas are Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    I would agree. The Caucasian "looking" Argentine woman is not exactly a Hispanic!
    Member #3320. I would have to disagree. The caucasian "looking" woman IS a Hispanic but might not not look like one. The simple fact that she is from Argentina makes her Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain  [View Original Post]
    I would agree. The Caucasian "looking" Argentine woman is not exactly a Hispanic!
    Very true and that's a good point. I guess its a tricky distinction. For example Dominicans consider themselves "latino". For the light skinned ones I could agree, but the dark skinned ones?

That's a good question. I would say they are more european but that's not a "ethnic" group. Argentina and its people (excluding those who arrived from other south american countries) seem to have a slightly different look and culture. Personally I don't care for the average "Argentino" women but lean more towards what I consider latino. Columbians or Venuzualens for example. Just a observation that I wonder if any one else noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCat  [View Original Post]
    What ethnic group would you put them in?
    That's a good question. I would say they are more european but that's not a "ethnic" group. Argentina and its people (excluding those who arrived from other south american countries) seem to have a slightly different look and culture. Personally I don't care for the average "Argentino" women but lean more towards what I consider latino. Columbians or Venuzualens for example. Just a observation that I wonder if any one else noticed?

Out of curiosity. Do you consider the "average" Argentine women latino? I favor the "latinas" but do not put the argentinos in that ethnic group.
    What ethnic group would you put them in?

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiaJohnson  [View Original Post]
    No darling it will take more than that to get rid of me hahaha I am rather thick skinned so all remarks welcomed. Actually its nice to see people talking and posting agan for a while the board went rather quiet. Which was a shame because it is a rather entertaining little world AP I must say. And I believe actually the points made are rather fair ones and very valid.
    Mia,

I met you once just breifly when you were visiting Gato Hunter at the AP house the other day. Your Gorgeous and appear quite "Doable". And from the reports I've heard $800 peso's seems quite reasonable to session with You.

Exon

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Exon123 For This Post:

Posting Limitations