Thread: The magic is gone.

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by JustGotBack

6 to 1 here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    Que lastima para el gente!
    Well, I think hard times are coming not just for AR, but also for many countries, however, since we are speaking about how attitudes have changed because the economy improved in the last few years, allow me to share an article:

Confirmed: Depleted reserves and BCRA violates the law.

Information provided by the Central Bank reveals that the reserves of the entity is located you $ s 1, 900 million below the Monetary Base. They are 3 weeks without the resources and expire 15/12 you $ s 2,200 million GDP Coupon.

07/12/2011 | 18:06.

The Central Bank will start the second term of Marco del Pont no free reserves.

BUENOS AIRES (Urgente24). The Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA) said on Wednesday (12/07) that international reserves are located around you $ s 1,900 million below the Monetary Base at the December 2. This means that the Central three weeks ago that is not freely available reserves, which the national government used to use, since March, to pay external debt.

The situation is more serious: 15 December, the State shall cancel the coupon GDP which represents more than you $ s 2, 200 million and without the free reserves who came using this year, should dip into the reserves that are already punished in his attempt to hold the dollar.

This is compounded by another fact of life, although the run dwindled in recent days, has not ceased. And it recognizes the same Mercedes Marco del Pont, head of the entity-and that decision Cristina Fernandez will continue to occupy that chair despite its inefficient management-this Wednesday 07/12 when he declared that "will converge to zero output bank deposits."

Also what is coming ahead in the second term of Christina: "The managed floating exchange rate is to stay." "Managed float system proved successful because it guarantees a competitive exchange rate to protect the production and employment", he added.

Remember Massot & Monteverde data it would be appropriate for someone to answer about the issue of reservations:

• Reserves "freely available"-concept rescued falsely Convertibility law as a device to apply the payment to private creditors maturity, have become extinct.

• International reserves amounted to $ 196,139, 000 at November 23, officials said.

• That number is below the $ 199,605 million recorded the same day monetary base, which means not only that this margin is exhausted today but not enough reserves to back the monetary base, as required by law.

• In this way, the BCRA and would violate the provisions of Law 25,561, which reformed the exchange rate regime.

• Article 4° of that rule states that the reserves of the BCRA "will hit the back of the monetary base."

• It also provides that your computer "for the purposes of this Act shall be made at market value."

• The article 6 states that "the peso monetary base consists of currency circulation plus deposits of financial institutions in the BCRA."

• The issue is particularly critical because next week to pay the coupons tied to GDP.

• If payment is made, the board is violating BCRA manifested as ordered by law.

• The law aims to cover Central arguing that the debt reduction fund planned for this year has already been made previously.

• On the other hand, the 2012 budget includes new payments international reserves.

• In the remainder of the month between coupons tied to the GDP, with international and maturing interest coupons on bonds and Discount Global 2017, the Central Bank lost reserves by USA $ 2,727 million.

• Funds for the cancellation of debt maturities in February and were credited to an account at the Central Bank Treasury.

• These funds are still counted as reserves.

• This means that the reserves will be diminished to the extent expected maturities are paid.

Of course, stocks fall only if the savings withdrawn accreditation dollars after payment.

But it is difficult with the current output latch to the foreign exchange, bondholders hold funds collected on their accounts.

• The GDP coupon payment is the next 15/12.

• The draft 2012 budget plans to use USA $ 5,674 million of reserves to pay debt but, once again, you have no room for that purpose.

• One possibility is to modify the Central Bank Charter to modify the limitation now prevents more reserves to pay debt.

• An alternative, not unlikely, is that the peso was devalued and the reserves expressed in pesos back to settle at a level sufficiently above to have reserves over. "free reserves". Necessary.
    The original can be found at: http://www.urgente24.com/noticias/va...nibilidad.html

It is well known that specially in economics there is no such thing as a free lunch and the populist politicians are taking their countries to hell just to get themselves reelected. However if we can express it in other words their loss is your gain. Sad but true.

BTW translation was made with Google translator, I know some of the terms are not accurate, feel free to change "reservations" for reserves. Thank you.

6:1 begins the slide into insane inflation I don't wish the Argentinos pain, but it is likely coming

Que lastima para el gente!

Inflation

I have been busy traveling in Asia the past few years so I have not been to BA in about three years. My first visit six years ago was shocking. I could not believe the deals on everything. Instead of ladies I will use one of my favorite steak restaurant as an example. Six years ago, at Pepitos, I was dining on bife de chorizo for under ten dollars. This included a bottle of Rincon Famoso wine and dessert. I returned two years later and the price for the same meal was about twenty dollars. On my last trip the same meal was about forty-five dollars. I could go on with prices of food items at Disco, drinks at clubs etc.

I have seen first hand how inflation increases over time after a devaluation of a currency. I sure hope this does not happen here in the USA. I am beginning to think that it just might in the future. If you are planning a trip to Argentina and can wait a bit longer you will certainly get a bigger bang for your dollar. Miami Bob is right. Once the pesos reachs 6 pesos to a dollar is the time to jump on a trip to BA. Fast.

You Should Have Stayed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    That and removing the "*****" factor from the girls would be really nice. But prices almost never go down in Argentina. After leaving the epicurean delights of the AP house last night my son and I passed by my favorite watering hole / boliche. They raised the prices on the girls again up to 180p hr and there was very little business for the girls. They tried that last year and had to drop back to 150p. They don't learn. But on the bright side I picked up two new phone numbers!
    I brought a delightful desert for ALL to feast upon!

It was a beautiful thing Man!

TL.

P. S- The Magic is alive and well in BA if you know where to go and what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain  [View Original Post]
    I kind of agree with MiamiBob's comment below.

I do not live full time in BA and that is where perhaps the difference lies.

What I really want to see in one year or two years, is prices falling down to 2007 levels in places like Newport and Madahos.
    That and removing the "*****" factor from the girls would be really nice. But prices almost never go down in Argentina. After leaving the epicurean delights of the AP house last night my son and I passed by my favorite watering hole / boliche. They raised the prices on the girls again up to 180p hr and there was very little business for the girls. They tried that last year and had to drop back to 150p. They don't learn. But on the bright side I picked up two new phone numbers!

I do not agree with Gandolf50 comment below

I kind of agree with MiamiBob's comment below.

I do not live full time in BA and that is where perhaps the difference lies.

What I really want to see in one year or two years, is prices falling down to 2007 levels in places like Newport and Madahos.

G-you are correct BUT I live outside of Argentina. The portenas are still special as a group

Within one year, I assume that the pesos / USA dollar will be 6:1 unemployment will occurr and financial motivation may be there again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

You are all missing the point!

No one has said that there is a lack of girls willing to work! But the more you guys post the more obvious it is to me that yes, the magic is gone. We can talk about how prices have increased, yes I know prices have increased every where over the past ten years, but the clubs in BsAs have increased in price so much that INDEC and the "Christina" crew must be proud!

Before the girls were cheap, good looking, and willing to have fun! Today, they are VERY expensive, ordinary, and looking to rip you off! Yes thats a generalization but all the same its true. The amount of good looking girls willing to party with you like your best girl friend is down to a minimum. If it wasn't for this site pointing out the good, and the BAD, I don't think many mongers would be making too many return trips. And while I understand prices have gone up, my income and I am sure that the income of many others has stayed the same or gone down. When the price of a girls drink has gone up 500% but the price or the cost of the actual drink has only gone up 20 or 25% you get the feeling you are being rippid off. Its kind of like when your girl promise's to swallow but spits it all over you instead but she still feels like you should pay her the full amount PLUS A LARGE TIP FOR BEING SO GOOD! That sums up the majority of the working girls today.

LUCAS-you are getting it. What makes the portena special

Lucas treats the working girl nice and she wants him as a customer. Lucas is a good deal: she doesn't worry about saftey, not getting paid, she has orgasms and makes you happy at the same time. Most club girls will be thrilled to see a good customer regularly out of the club structure with it's ridiculous price structure.

I talk about the madahos dancer sometimes. If you took her from madahos, it would end up being 4 or 500 us dollars. She wouldn't really respect you from the beginning because she is well aware of the choice ladies around for 4 or 500 pesos. Your experience would depend on her mood and how much of a jerk she takes you for because you have so over paid. You see her of the books and and maybe pay her 500 and/ or 600 or 700 pesos and if she enjoys being with you, she will not watch the clock. Then over a few trips you have become a regular. She is used to manipulating guys for money and doesn't even think about it-you are a lamb and she is the tiger with hunger in her belly. But she knows how to fuck and suck like a champ and is one of the most beautiful ladies you have ever fantasized about much less fucked in three openings.

The portena working girls who are sexually compatible are great lovers BUT you have to be aware at all times. She is a hunter and you are the prey.

There is a tango of respect and dominance. To the sounds of baires always in the backround.

Lucas-you have met a few ladies-take the best to the next level and learn about the pleasure that she is capable of providing. She can be a cum recepticle if that is what you want BUT she has much more to offer if you want to dance the dance. The girls that love to orgasm and you make them orgasm have layers of pleasure to peel off over time. There are working girls who may see ten clients in a week and only orgasm with one or two or none. Lucas gives her orgasms, lucas gains access to a different level of pleasure and wants to return to baires again and again because of the portena

Still good!

You can still go to a privado, find a girls that is an 8 in anybody's book, get her to fuck you brain out for 200 pesos, half hour.

You can go to the supermarket and bye the best steak in the world for 25 pesos, a few vegetables and a bottle of you choosing.

Make you steak, drink your drink, walk in the sun and look at the pretty girls and buildings.

All for less than 70 USD a day, that is pretty good!

Thanks Bob for the interest and the tip about Mia. Probably no time left this trip but I may PM her anyway.

I've been trying to keep a record of where I've been so far, and will post more when time allows. Right now I'm back in BA and on a cycle of repeats with some of the old and new faces. Many chicas will tell you that the second or third time around works better for them than the first time. They are just loosening up when we're about ready to move on to the next one! One thing I've noticed on this trip is that a couple of the new chicas offered a discount on the second outing, to make sure I took the bait. I didn't ask for it, they just volunteered it. Maybe with the higher prices, the smarter boliche girls are realising that they need to cut some slack. The first outing could be the loss leader that opens up the door. If you pass that test, expect to do better second time around.

LUCAS-thanks for the history and your thoughts, I don't particularly care about the club scene

BUT there are many high rollers who love that stuff. Could you tell us more about your positive experiences. I strongly suggest that you give ms mia a spin sometime. Ethnically northern italian, english schooled and has lived in ba by her own chosing. Take her out for a night on the town and a totally great experience.

Still works for me

Catching up again after a long time off the board. I was in BA the other week, for the first time in 12 months, sampling the boliche scene. Back again very soon for a few more days fun. Prices in the clubs have taken a big jump. I'm getting more pesos for my pounds & euros but that's more than offset by the inflation. That hasn't stopped me visiting the big three Recoleta clubs but it's made me try out some different options to keep on track. I know I could get much better deals with privados and internet chicks but that doesn't really fit what I'm looking for. So in VFM terms, BA isn't the bargain place it used to be, within my particular operating window. It still compares well though with other places I know.

But the magic isn't just about the VFM. It's about the girls and the place itself. I've been coming here most years on vacation since Menem was around, and seen some of the ups and downs, although as a short stay visitor I'm just scratching the surface compared to the AP guys who live here. Maybe I don't get the same buzz of excitement stepping off the plane, but I still get the sinking feeling when it's nearly time to go home. I'd say it's still a fine place to hang out. I'm still finding chicas who ring my bell, although maybe I have to work a little harder for it. Of my outings in BA so far with new girls, one was ok, the rest were good or very good. The 9s may be a lot harder to find than ten years ago, but looks-wise, Argentinian women remain up there with the best. I still get a buzz from watching the toned bodies of the dancers in the clubs and the showgirls in TV programmes like 'noche del domingo'. Throw in the fun of staggering out of the telo with a hottie (or two of them) in the strong morning light, indulging in the pizza / pasta / red wine / medialunas etc in a place where the sun actually shines, staying in walking distance from the best places, and that all adds up to the magic still being there.

Some of JustGotBack's report did hit home though. The terrace restaurant scene in Recoleta took a big hit several years back and looks like it's gone for good. Finding good action in the bars & clubs over the weekend has got a lot harder. The mid range boliche options (Shampoo, La Lopez, Affaire etc) have vanished. Some other places that remain are pale shadows. The strength in depth isn't there any more. Most of the Brazilian chicks have gone back to Brazil. Some of my best sessions in the late 90s were with those girls. But other things have improved. Remember when the peso was pegged to the dollar? I was pulling chicas out of Black and paying US $300 when I didn't know any better. Remember the corralito, when you couldn't even get your beer money out of the ATMs? Now we can pull out 2, 000+ pesos from Citibank any day – no more cash flow problems. The apartment scene has expanded and we can stay in better places for not that much extra money. And there's AP's huge database of experience to tap into. Fifteen years ago, it was all about trial and error.

Lastly, no one picked up on JustGotBack's point about personal safety. BA has to be less safe than a decade ago. Back then, the headlines inside the cheap tabloids were about the scary things that happened to the argentinos on their hols in Brazil, or someone getting bitten by a mosquito in Paraguay, or a noisy smelly dog causing a bust-up in a residents' block. Now it's all going off a lot closer to home. But that has to apply to most major western cities over the same period. I've never hit trouble in BA, and walk to wherever I need to get to. I've been mugged three times in my own home area of London, not to mention Madrid & Lisbon (and I'm a fit guy who runs and works out with weights). Maybe you just have to accept that risk as part of big city life and deal with it. Whenever I go out, night or day, I carry a modest amount of cash in an outside pocket wallet and the rest tucked away. That's not foolproof but it's worked well for me several times at home & abroad. Getting hurt in a traffic accident is something that worries me more in places like BA.

Magic is NOT gone!

This is my 8th or 9th trip here in 4 years.

Prices have definitely gone up BUT the quality of sex has NOT gone down.

This trip was 10 days and I had sex with with about 17 chicas. I would say almost 13 of the 17 were excellent experiences. About 2 were down right bad and waste of money. And 2 just average.

So that is Not a bad record when people claim magic is gone.

Economics.

Spent. 4335 Argentine pesos on sex.

Girls. 17.

Average price per encounter. 255 pesos.

No of excellent experiences. 13.

No of bad experiences / waste of money. 2.

Go figure!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

The magic is not gone.

It may not be as cheap as the old days, but this is still an amazing city. This has best time so far since my first trip in 2003. A bunch of cool AP members are in town and I'm staying at the AP house, so that makes a difference. But the chicas have all been stellar, both favorites (Mia and Yael) and the new girls I've met.

The past 6 months have included a month in Pattaya and a month in Medellin, and Buenos Aires is still my favorite. The girls, food, wine, weather, transportation and comaraderie with like-minded travelers has made the first 72 hours a blast.

I think it also helps to be in the right frame of mind and catch a couple of breaks. But holy shit do I love it here.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chezz For This Post:

Posting Limitations