This blog is moderated by Factotum

Head Hunters

I don't know if they recruit people from the US but you can visit their offices while here in BA.

Which head-hunter specialize in placing people from the USA in exec / prof positions?

When I was in love with a portena-I tired, but my spanish is street spanish and not polished-I have taken courses in the past, but forget about conditional subjective and the verbs are just too much.

One place told me that if I ever got my spanish down they could use a native speaker with my backround-the pay wasn't USA levels, but at the time, I could have lived very, very well. Well.could have or should have: I still feel like kissing the ground when I re-enter the USA after 2 weeks in Argentina.

If a Libertarian gets elected president, I will start taking intensive spanish courses at the university of miami or miami college either way, I feel that a good tour company would make it in BA. One that doesn't get it's clients special deals that include over a 50% commission on a marked up prices.

Jobs

Miss Johnson gave a pretty good summary of expat jobs in BA. But there are several head hunters in town and if you are lucky enough that some one really needs your expertise then all of a sudden you not having a DNI doesn't matter. Its a slim chance but worth while looking into.

Hey.

Ok so first of all welcome in advance!

I have been here for 4 years now and to be honest the job situation is really fucking shitty. If you don't have dni its v tough to find a job so the only options really as far as I can see are working for an "international" company based here- who basically know that every foreigner is desperate to have some sort of income hence they pay you pittance and work you like a dog. If you study at the uba you will get temporary dni (thats what I did) and then its slightly easier as you can go to any employment agency etc. But still. Be prepared to be charged extranjero prices and be paid in local prices. And if all else fails start selling your body here on AP. Thats what I did and hey so far I can't complain jajajaa.

Anything else PM me.

Besos.

Mj

Moving to BA February 2012. Jobs

Hello, mongers.

First time poster here. Basically a newbie.

Here is my storty:

I will be moving to BA next year and even though I will have shelter and food I am looking for a job.

My plan is to go there and try to finish my education maybe and hopefully at UBA.

But I am a tad worried about work.

I am fully bilingual so spanish is not a problem.

I am just wondering if any of you guys know what industry or what area is a good niche for me to aim for.

I can't obviously post my resume here but.

It is just a general question that maybe you can help me with.

Posting Limitations