Thread: 2012 Elections in the USA

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Miami Bob

Just having some fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    He's guilty of Medicare crimes? For stating that some employers may switch workers to part time to avoid paying higher healthcare costs? That doesn't make sense. Do a search and see if you still believe there was an actual bet between Toymann and David. I did and I don't.

I think the liberals here are becoming drunk with power, or something like that. Black Shirt thinks he's God.

No offense Black Shirt, you've had some very thoughtful, wise posts here. But I'm really wondering about that last one.
    I'm looking forward to the next 4 years. If nothing gets done, there will be a American spring to force the House to it's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeOilSales  [View Original Post]
    You are a quack and an immoral idiot that we all hope will finally be caught by Medicare for your crimes. Your Mormon slimebag candidate got taken to the cleaners on Tuesday now you and his other supporters will have to pay the price in the way of higher taxes. So bend over, open up your wallet and get ready to pay.
    He's guilty of Medicare crimes? For stating that some employers may switch workers to part time to avoid paying higher healthcare costs? That doesn't make sense. Do a search and see if you still believe there was an actual bet between Toymann and David. I did and I don't.

I think the liberals here are becoming drunk with power, or something like that. Black Shirt thinks he's God.

No offense Black Shirt, you've had some very thoughtful, wise posts here. But I'm really wondering about that last one.

Heavenly intervention

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    At that close a margin, we are a divided nation. Believing that either side has a "mandate" because of a relatively few percentile points of active vs disaffected voters that swings back and forth over momentary periods of time is rather foolish.

Both parties have "led" by these swings, both have claimed a "mandate". But only time will tell how this great American experiment works out when in almost any situation, nearly 5 out of 10 people like and other half doesn't like the decision.

Having one side claim they have the will of the people because of a slight 5. X ratio edge is as stupid now as when Bush did it. Neither party has rights to mandate, and neither party has sole claim on the stupidity of this assumption other than as a PR soundbite.
    And it shall come to pass that the unbelievers and impeders will suffer the wrath of Mother Nature, for they have been given the message by the Son of Heaven. Fear Ye, Fear Year! Money is thy God and woe be unto you, and you will be brought down to your knees, for you have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    The continued demonizing of the supposed rich, and subsequently the majority of employers in the United States will have likely consequences! Here are 2 examples you can count on. As healthcare costs rise and they are rising small business owners will push the cost directly to the employees via increased employee contributions. My company's healthcare costs are going up 12 percent next year. Furthermore you will see as a result of the high unemployment that many employers will turn their full time people into an ocean of part time employees. Thus avoiding overhead cost such as healthcare and vacation benefits inorder to protect their bottom lines. Be careful what you ask for! You just might get it! Toymann
    You are a quack and an immoral idiot that we all hope will finally be caught by Medicare for your crimes. Your Mormon slimebag candidate got taken to the cleaners on Tuesday now you and his other supporters will have to pay the price in the way of higher taxes. So bend over, open up your wallet and get ready to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2041  [View Original Post]
    Your small town voters get to make the local laws for your small town. But the entirety of the U.S. voting population gets it's say about national issues. And you were out-voted. You lost.
    The "small town", where Romney won 60 percentage points more than Obama, has a population of 150,000, 39% Hispanic, 7% Black, 54% White. You've got a point though. Look at a map of USA counties, which voted for Romney and which voted for Obama, and it's mostly painted red. People in the cities have spoken and Obama is our president for 4 more years.

Why does Obama have a mandate but the House of Representatives is irrelevant? That's not the way the Constitution was set up. The founders considered it the most democratic of the branches of government. That's why revenue bills are supposed to be written in the House and amended in the Senate. Not that it makes any difference now, since Reid bats down much of what they send him.

Good, if you believe there are correlations between Democrat presidents and stock market performance that will repeat going forward then maybe you should buy shares from the poor misguided suckers who are selling, like me. There's no use arguing over it, profit from it.
    I maintain a target asset allocation and my quarterly rebalance will be Nov. 15 so most likely I will, indeed, be buying stocks.

WTF are you talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2041  [View Original Post]
    Folks who lack the character to live up to their own bets are disreputable and deservedly outcast in ANY society that I am aware of. Doesn't matter if they are Liberal, or Conservative, or Moderate. What they are without controversy, are douchebags.
    You must be a raving idiot. Thought you blocked me? My bet with Esten is good. You are a real piece of work! Go away. Toymann

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    At that close a margin, we are a divided nation. Believing that either side has a "mandate" because of a relatively few percentile points of active vs disaffected voters that swings back and forth over momentary periods of time is rather foolish.

Both parties have "led" by these swings, both have claimed a "mandate". But only time will tell how this great American experiment works out when in almost any situation, nearly 5 out of 10 people like and other half doesn't like the decision.

Having one side claim they have the will of the people because of a slight 5. X ratio edge is as stupid now as when Bush did it. Neither party has rights to mandate, and neither party has sole claim on the stupidity of this assumption other than as a PR soundbite.
    The exit polling makes clear that the particular issue of whether or not any deficit reduction plan should include some tax increases on the wealthy, or is NOT a close call. 60% of the American Public supports it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mpexy For This Post:

Who gives a crap about what someone who renegs on wagers thinks about ANYTHING?

Folks who lack the character to live up to their own bets are disreputable and deservedly outcast in ANY society that I am aware of. Doesn't matter if they are Liberal, or Conservative, or Moderate. What they are without controversy, are douchebags who ought to be shunned.

Never a truer word spoken.

In the small city where I live, Romney got over 60 percentage points more than Obama. Look at male voters, older voters, white voters. They voted for Romney by large margins. A 50% to 48% victory isn't a strong mandate.
    The continued demonizing of the supposed rich, and subsequently the majority of employers in the United States will have likely consequences! Here are 2 examples you can count on. As healthcare costs rise and they are rising small business owners will push the cost directly to the employees via increased employee contributions. My company's healthcare costs are going up 12 percent next year. Furthermore you will see as a result of the high unemployment that many employers will turn their full time people into an ocean of part time employees. Thus avoiding overhead cost such as healthcare and vacation benefits inorder to protect their bottom lines. Be careful what you ask for! You just might get it! Toymann

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

In the small city where I live, Romney got over 60 percentage points more than Obama. Look at male voters, older voters, white voters. They voted for Romney by large margins. A 50% to 48% victory isn't a strong mandate.
    Nonetheless, a sufficient mandate, as majority rules. You were out-voted by 3 Million Votes, or 2 percent. In the U.S., male voters, and white voters, and old voters, have exactly the same voting power as black voters, young voters, latin voters and women voters. And you were out-voted. What is it about that that you fail to grasp?

Your small town voters get to make the local laws for your small town. But the entirety of the U.S. voting population gets it's say about national issues. And you were out-voted. You lost.

Mandates

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Democracy in Action

You have 20 horny men in a bar in some Outback mining town with an attractive woman. Someone proposes a gang bang. They take a vote. The woman loses. The men have their way with her. A week later everyone's horny again but nobody can do her because her vagina is torn up.

France is headed in this direction. Hopefully the USA won't head that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeOilSales  [View Original Post]
    "The Rich" (taxpayers making over $250, 000 per year) are going to see their tax rates go up, plain and simple. Obama was re-elected with a mandate to raise taxes on "The Rich" and there is no way he is going to back away from this.
    National Exit polling: To reduce the Deficit, We Should:

Raise Taxes on Everyone: 13% support.

Raise Taxes on those earning over $250, 000 only: 47% support.

Raise Taxes on Nobody: 25% support.

Raise Taxes only on the poor, or Undecided, or No Position: 15% support

Posting Limitations