Thread: Gringo can only pull a 6?

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by JohnLaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    Tell the rest of us how you do it!
    Erm, I think you might have misunderstood my post Bob!

I was expressing surprise that people were complaining that they can only get a 6 and saying that I would be more than happy with a 6 myself.

In fact I'd actually PREFER a 6 who is 'normal'. Ie. Tranquila, nice. Than a 9/10 who is loca and high maintenance. The truth is that I haven't even had as much as a 'date' since my first Arg girlfriend 5 years ago (a psychotic 9) with whom I have a 4 year old son. I spend a lot of time 'shaking hands with the unemployed! '

D

OK Dave-post about those 9's and 10's

Tell the rest of us how you do it!

ONLY a 6?

'kinell! I'd be over the moon with a 6!

Rock harders has decreased his participation here

He is a late 20's, maybe early 30's successful, educated north american who owns a vibrant and thriving business in ba. Lifting weights and fitness is a hobby for him. Rock also speaks, reads and writes spanish fluently. He is a very nice guy who might likely respond to a pm. If you want to get physical with a hot girl fast in ba who is not in any way motivated by cash payments, he might be the best guy on the board to ask. It doesn't hurt that when you walk into a club with him hot 25 year old girls who look like movie stars or models stare at him before he opens his mouth.

This board needs rock more than he needs the board. With a little encouragement, he might start posting again.

Good Insight

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    I have met a number of locale civilians by just sitting and reading an english magazine-ranging from shop girls to fancier types. I am getting too old and fat to pick-up pretty young girls as a regular event SO I am using a variation on what my grandfather taught me to do in high school: look for the girls who are sending the signals that they find something interesting about you, rather than approaching girls that look hot, but may have zero interest.

My tool is an english magazine in a quiet cafe generally not in a busy tourist zone. Out of the corner of your eye, you will see who checks you out a number of times and send the body lanuage signals-simular to what you might do in a bar BUT more low keyed and less goal oriented toward "picking up a girl"

I enjoy the porteno style of sitting and passing time reading or talking in a cafe + the talking part if I am alone may be compeleted by another woman. Practicing english or asking about Obama or W Bush. I am had conversations begin with a girl looking at me reading an english paper ask me is jorge is a war criminal. This was a biggy in 2003 or so. A hard right wing republican response would likely scare most portenas away. A sure topic which I have discussed is the way the woman's movement has developed and changed the femininity of woman is the USA vs buenos aires vs western europe. This is a winner. Most argentine guys would walk away from this one. I have most of a phd in sociology and actually find this stuff interesting. It is also easy to segway into relationships and sexual liberation.

This is not for most of the AP guys I have met, but it works for me which is all that counts. It won't lead to sex most of the time, but it is an interesting topic and I learn more about how portenas think and how to get laid when I hit the right girl. This is not something a will be going on constantly, but maybe one or two afternoons during a 10 day stay.
    Thanks Miami Bob. Some great advice how to get into contact with locals just to understand something more about their culture.

You impied more than I meant-THIS IS BORING FOR MOST AP READERS

I have met a number of locale civilians by just sitting and reading an english magazine-ranging from shop girls to fancier types. I am getting too old and fat to pick-up pretty young girls as a regular event SO I am using a variation on what my grandfather taught me to do in high school: look for the girls who are sending the signals that they find something interesting about you, rather than approaching girls that look hot, but may have zero interest.

My tool is an english magazine in a quiet cafe generally not in a busy tourist zone. Out of the corner of your eye, you will see who checks you out a number of times and send the body lanuage signals-simular to what you might do in a bar BUT more low keyed and less goal oriented toward "picking up a girl"

I enjoy the porteno style of sitting and passing time reading or talking in a cafe + the talking part if I am alone may be compeleted by another woman. Practicing english or asking about Obama or W Bush. I am had conversations begin with a girl looking at me reading an english paper ask me is jorge is a war criminal. This was a biggy in 2003 or so. A hard right wing republican response would likely scare most portenas away. A sure topic which I have discussed is the way the woman's movement has developed and changed the femininity of woman is the USA vs buenos aires vs western europe. This is a winner. Most argentine guys would walk away from this one. I have most of a phd in sociology and actually find this stuff interesting. It is also easy to segway into relationships and sexual liberation.

This is not for most of the AP guys I have met, but it works for me which is all that counts. It won't lead to sex most of the time, but it is an interesting topic and I learn more about how portenas think and how to get laid when I hit the right girl. This is not something a will be going on constantly, but maybe one or two afternoons during a 10 day stay.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

Miami Bob's shop girls

Miami Bob: Still curious how you initiated your "sugar daddy" relationships without offending the girl and making her feel like a prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by LionelMessi  [View Original Post]
    I am guessing pick-up artist can Only pull the ugly or easy gato's.
    A PUA can pull whatever he sets his mind to (within reason). Pick up is focused on 2 things. Spending the least amount of effort to bed a non-pro AND increasing the quality of girl you can pull.

So there is a trade-off of effort vs. Quality and it varies from culture to culture. It's the same with p4p actually.

I'm just wondering the effort involved to find and maintain a casual dating with sex relationship with an Argentinian who happens to be a 7+.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLaw  [View Original Post]
    Opinions to the truth of this? With so many 8-10s in Argentina how depressing to only be able to pull a 6!
    Rock Harders; a gringo who gets any non P4P 10 he wants.

Probally check it out today.

I am guessing pick-up artist can Only pull the ugly or easy gato's.

I can only speak for myself but most of my long term expat friends have cute middle to upperclass gf's. They are all close to 30 and most of there gf's are in the same age range. Most have met abroad though

Libroria Cinema-great place!

Great choice and they have coffee that make starbucks look sick!

Here are some places I have done well in:

I have had great success over the years in the huge bookstore on Santa Fe around the 1800 block. Always lots of women not only educated, but they have enough disposable income to buy books. There is a coffee shop in the back, sometimes with a piano player on Friday afternoons. It is fairly easy if you show interest in the book she is looking at.

Another place I have done well is the big cd store on the corner of Corrientes and Callao.

Use your imagination and you will find lots of places with strong possibilities.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply Bob.

While I believe that there are a few gems to be gleaned from the "pick up" scene. I am NOT looking to live that lifestyle. What you've described as your own experience is much much closer to what I have as a goal. With a little bit of p4p to fill the voids when they come along.

I'm 39. In decent shape (but all of 5'7). Blue eyes. More cute than handsome. No patience for the club / bar scene. So chatting up someone in a cafe during the day is *exactly* my cup of tea.

Online. My last few relationships have come from there and. I'm ready to give it up for meeting real people in the real world.

Shop girls. How do you get that going without being totally blatant about it?

Not true at all

Depends on where and how you look. I spent 5 years connected to am educated professional younger who is built like a brick shit house. What do you want and where are you looking. If you hit a fancy night club with middle-class educated ladies 20 to 28 and you are 60 and fat. You not going to get the most desirable girl in the place. Talk to a civilian like she's a hooker-guess what she will not be interested.

I'm late 50's and could stand to lose 50 lbs. These are some things that have worked for me. Remember I like Argentina and argentines and always want to learn more about the culture and the differences. I grew-up in NYC and some of the nasty things said about the people in buenos aires and almost exactly want is said about new yorkers and parisians.

- sitting in a cafe in a nice neighborhood where 30 yo old educated single ladies live-read an interesting magazine in english-eg vanity fair works. Open your eyes and sip your coffee slowly. Someone will start looking at the magazine and you. A good percentage of university educated portenos[people who live in buenos aires] have studied english at somepoint and have varying degree of english-from caveman english to near fluent. If you watch body language, you will get openings to start a conversation. This is civilian dating-there is no promise of anything except meeting someone new. Most portenas are not sexually repressed and the age difference of 15 to 20 years is very socially acceptable here.

-I have used dating websites-not your thing, skip it. Iam hooked up with shop girls who needed a generous guy and educated ladies who are cosmopolitan and prefer north americans or europeans to argentines becuase of the machismo factor. The shop girls are more open to fastter sex with the implied promise of shopping or finacial help. You then got to come through.

I used to sleep with a 35 year old runner who is a hospital administrator-I paid for shows and nice resturantes and brought her things from the USA. It fizzled.

Because she was getting too bonded to me and I ran in the opposite direction. Nice girl who owned an apartment and actually enjoyed my company and accepted that I likely was not the best looking guy she could get. She could read some english, but we only spoke in spanish. I got laid on my second trip and this girl was athletic and loved to cum. The second woman is a gorgeous 42 yo attorney with an autistic teenager who thinks no one will want her because of her autistic son. We fuck like bunnies a few times per year. We are fuck buddies and she doesn't need money from me. We speak in mixed english and spanish. I think we did the deed on the third date. I have never met her son, her family nor any of her friends-we are fuck buddies.

I have no interest in being a "pick-up" artist and I have more girls to fuck than time nor sperm. An interesting few hours of conversation may or may not lead to anything else and is of value for exactly what it it!

If your goal is to pop as many times as possible in as many pussies as possible, civilian scouting is a waste of time.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

Gringo can only pull a 6?

Hola guys. Just wondering if the experienced folks can confirm or deny something:

A reputable American "pick up artist" who specializes in South America claims that he has never (rarely?) seen a gringo in Argentina with a woman above a 6.

He's not talking about p4p. But a non-pro situation.

Opinions to the truth of this? With so many 8-10s in Argentina how depressing to only be able to pull a 6!

J

Posting Limitations