Thread: Teatro Colon. Concert

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Hooky

No Problem with Tickets

I went to the Teatre Colon in October and had no problem to buy a ticket at the office box. 160 pesos for a really good seat.

I bought the ticket directly after I took part of a guided tour, which I also highly recommend.

The concert itself was great.

Lueck Hoff

It sounds great. My only concern about the tickets is I am coming into town the day before and just hope there will be still something available at that point. As opposed to figuring out about doing it online well in advance.

I do have some Spanish but I can't seem to locate the actual part of the website where the tickets are offered.

How much were the tickets for the events you attended?

Thanks for responding!

Attending Teatro Colon

Last July I attended an opera and a symphony performance at the Colon. You are right the web site is difficult to use but it can be done if you can read spanish, the.

english version of the site is limited. I did buy tickets from the box office for the symphony. The box office is located on the Tucaman side of the building. It is open

during most normal business hours. When you enter the building you will find two box offices to your right. The first sells tickets for the guided tour. The second sells.

tickets for performances. The attendants have sufficient english to help you if needed. I had seats on the platea, the main floor. The seats are very comfortable and

the leg room is amazing. On the night of the performance you enter on the Libertad side of the building. Young female ushers will guide you to your seat and provide a

program, a small tip is given by locals for this service. I wore a suite and tie, but many people did not. Wearing a collared shirt with dress slacks would be enough for

all but special gala performances.

Teatro Colon. Concert

Teatro Colon is a must see I am told.

I found their website but can't figure out prices or how to purchase tickets for a concert scheduled during my stay.

Except to call, where I was put on hold for a long time. No idea if they were even open or not!

So can someone tell me what's the deal?

A friend of mine who was there several years ago when things were cheap, says he and his buddy wandered up to the box office the night of, dressed in t-shirts and shorts, and got seats way up in front. They felt like slobs but enjoyed it nevertheless.

OK where's that Englishman who was posting here a couple of weeks ago? ? ?

Posting Limitations