This blog is moderated by Banewbie
    Yeah that would be nice if you could get back up and running in business.

I understand though, the economy is bad everywhere.

Hope you are doing OK without it anyway.

Thanks Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Sideburn  [View Original Post]
    A couple years ago I was coaxed to the doorway by the walking sales person who I kept saying,"not interested" to. I was trying to be nice, but never sense or again. Once at doorway he pushed and a 280+ pound ball of lard yanked me into the establishment and closed the door. Suddenly I was handed a drink which I refused to take. 3 fat guys surrounded me and demanded money. Long story short it wasn't worth injuring or killing others (or myself) for the little I had on me so they got money and I left unscathed. Cute thing was they gave me a card to come back for time with girl later. I would stay away from any of these places, any place with a guy standing in front of it, any place that some idiot in a suit is passing out cards for etc. Etc. BTW the police were not at all interested in looking into it and said I would have to prove I did not walk in the place on my own. Clearly they knew exactly what was going on. Fellas don't waste you time with these dives. If you are looking for company call TL or one of the recommended people on the list or just go to Orleans and spend the money you would be losing anyway. I had dinner with TL at his old resto and he had no less than 6 various "friends" just stop by. Some you would leave the steak for and others you drink a little wine before leaving, but all were 7+ with great friendly attitude and a personality. I remember Mara was one (she watched a tango show with me) and I believe Rocio and her friend whose name escapes me came by as well. TL may say some crazy shit on here sometimes but he is a really good guy and knows everything you could ever want to know about BA and nightlife.

Pete
    Thanks ST. Pete but my specialty is the soft under-belly of the BA night-life and the Upper Crust for those that don't mind and can do.

I sure miss my resto-bar and all it's many perks and downfalls!

Meeting new boys every day and getting them fed and properly laid!

Now my work goes unheralded, unappreciated 99% of the time!

The boys, Lurkers; are affraid to post their experiances with my Favoritas for fear of being caught with their pants down.

I can relate to that but Master Jackson does not sell info or trade it or give a shit about doing that so unless your insignificant other works for or National Security Administration then you have a zero % chance of getting caught!

Unless you post your real name and phone number like :

Tejano Libre, AKA Ramiro Guerrero :

4 381 2145

156 116 4254

Get the drift?

TL

Not in my case. Dangerous to even get close

A couple years ago I was coaxed to the doorway by the walking sales person who I kept saying,"not interested" to. I was trying to be nice, but never sense or again. Once at doorway he pushed and a 280+ pound ball of lard yanked me into the establishment and closed the door. Suddenly I was handed a drink which I refused to take. 3 fat guys surrounded me and demanded money. Long story short it wasn't worth injuring or killing others (or myself) for the little I had on me so they got money and I left unscathed. Cute thing was they gave me a card to come back for time with girl later. I would stay away from any of these places, any place with a guy standing in front of it, any place that some idiot in a suit is passing out cards for etc. Etc. BTW the police were not at all interested in looking into it and said I would have to prove I did not walk in the place on my own. Clearly they knew exactly what was going on. Fellas don't waste you time with these dives. If you are looking for company call TL or one of the recommended people on the list or just go to Orleans and spend the money you would be losing anyway. I had dinner with TL at his old resto and he had no less than 6 various "friends" just stop by. Some you would leave the steak for and others you drink a little wine before leaving, but all were 7+ with great friendly attitude and a personality. I remember Mara was one (she watched a tango show with me) and I believe Rocio and her friend whose name escapes me came by as well. TL may say some crazy shit on here sometimes but he is a really good guy and knows everything you could ever want to know about BA and nightlife.

Pete

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Sideburn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    If it's the bar that is hidden in a gallery with neon lights and a carnival barker on the street then you need to keep walking fast!
    Heh. Sometimes just to amuse myself I've stopped to chat with the guy or gal out front of these types of places (not this place specifically). I'm sure there are exceptions, but generally these are not malicious people, and one can often have a friendly banter with them. Even play with them a little bit, but you've got to keep the right friendly tone, and it doesn't work with some people. And you need a clear exit at all times, which often means not stepping past the doorway.

One game you can play is try to get them to present you their hottest girl (again, without going in far enough that they could trap you).

" Hello, my friend, jew vant to see girls? Chicas? Drinks? Come wis me plis! Just look, just look! 60% discount with dis card signed! Plis follow me!"
    Me: Chicas?
    Them: Yes, many beautiful girls. Come in, come in!
    Me: Hmmmmmmmm. I dunno. How much does it cost?
    Them: Come in, I show you! Very cheap! Today we have special. Come in!
    Me: You really have chicas?
    Them: Yes! Of course! Come, look!
    Me: How many chicas?
    Them: (long pause..........). Several, several. Come in!
    Me: Hmmmmmmmmm. You know, I went to another place last night. They said they had lots of beautiful chicas, I went inside, and there was only 1 chica. And she was not beautiful! And then they wanted me to buy her a drink!
    Them: No, no sir. Here, I promise, we have very nice chicas here. Come inside, I show you.
    Me: Tell you what sir. Just show me your most beautiful chica, please, bring her to the door, let me see that you have a beautiful chica, and then I come inside.

And so on depending how they respond. Sometimes they'll get inpatient (your cue to leave), sometimes they will laugh and joke with you, and yes sometimes, they might be able to produce a chica. And if she comes near you, then you may be able to start another round of banter. Sometimes these places do have one or two nice chicas, who knows where things could lead, but you do need to keep your guard up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    If it's the bar that is hidden in a gallery with neon lights and a carnival barker on the street then you need to keep walking fast!

Avoid at all cost!

It may have a few girls, but it 's business model is to suck you dry; well, just your wallet!

Drinks for the girls that consist of colored water and nothing else!

Promises that the girl might go home with you if you reach an agreement but no guarantees!

Call me dude, we will hit the lights fantastic!

Watch out for those places man!

Here is how it all goes down for the 1, 000, 000, 000 th. Time:

" Hello, my friend, jew vant to see girls? Chicas? Drinks? Come wis me plis! Just look, just look! 60% discount with dis card signed! Plis follow me!"

You walk into the trap and suddenly out of NOWHERE a pig shows up with 3 drinks and 2 ugly girls, one on each arm!

It get's better!

Big Ugly stands next to you and tells you that you have to pay $400. 00 pesos for the drinks!

Your claim that you did not ask for no stinking drinks falls on deaf ears and large bi-ceps!

Points to a sign that in the absolute WORST English basically states that if you are inside the premises you must consume something!

Put them up or fly away!

There are 5 that I know of in the Downtown area! At least 5!

When in doubt :

Call me!

TL
    Thanks TL. Well going through these forums since I arrived here, I learned to avoid bars which claims Chicas. Now, any bars claiming chicas, shows are totally 'NO' for me. Thanks again.

Not a Nice Place!

Quote Originally Posted by Banewbie  [View Original Post]
    Dance-Show-Drinks.

That is what on the leaflets handed out on Florida near Cordoba. But being a newbie and learned to avoid unknown bars (thanks to this forum) , was wondering if anyone have been to this one or has any reviews. Thanks

Avoid at all cost!

It may have a few girls, but it 's business model is to suck you dry; well, just your wallet!

Drinks for the girls that consist of colored water and nothing else!

Promises that the girl might go home with you if you reach an agreement but no guarantees!

Call me dude, we will hit the lights fantastic!

Watch out for those places man!

Here is how it all goes down for the 1, 000, 000, 000 th. Time:

You walk into the trap and suddenly out of NOWHERE a pig shows up with 3 drinks and 2 ugly girls, one on each arm!

It get's better!

Big Ugly stands next to you and tells you that you have to pay $400. 00 pesos for the drinks!

Your claim that you did not ask for no stinking drinks falls on deaf ears and large bi-ceps!

Points to a sign that in the absolute WORST English basically states that if you are inside the premises you must consume something!

Put them up or fly away!

There are 5 that I know of in the Downtown area! At least 5!

When in doubt :

Call me!

TL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Bakan Pub (Av. Cordoba 645)

Dance-Show-Drinks.

That is what on the leaflets handed out on Florida near Cordoba. But being a newbie and learned to avoid unknown bars (thanks to this forum) , was wondering if anyone have been to this one or has any reviews. Thanks

Posting Limitations