Thread: Gestor for a leather jacket

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Santa

Silvia and Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Time  [View Original Post]
    Go to Sivia and Mario.

http://www.silviaymario.com/

The quality is very good. It is near Florida Street and is right across the road from the marriot hotel. The quality of the stuff is very good. I have purchase 7 leather jackets in BA and most of them were from Siliva Y Mario. English is not a problem. I have been very satisfied with them. My only issue has been to pass on is for you to check the stitching of the liner. Some of the were not done well and they opened up when I started to wear the jackets
    I concur that Silva why Mario is a wonderful custom leather shop. My wife and I have bought 8 leather jackets over the past 3 years at SyM and each is custom tailored and fairly priced.

Over the years I have purchased 4 custom leather jackets and three custom leather shirts from Uru Recoleta on Vincente Lopez at the Cemetery. Sabrina is a young blonde saleswoman there and speaks perfect English. The craftsmanship is very good and I have had only one repair and it was minor and was a year after I purchased the item. Usually they can have the item made for you within a day or two at the most. I purchased a leather jacket from Maybe on Florida and they have a shop near the Cemetery as well. I was never satisfied with the fit which was just off the rack and at the time cost the same as a custom fit.

Go to Sivia why Mario http://www.silviaymario.com/ The quality is very good. It is near Florida Street and is right across the road from the marriot hotel. The quality of the stuff is very good. I have purchase 7 leather jackets in BA and most of them were from Siliva Y Mario. English is not a problem. I have been very satisfied with them. My only issue has been to pass on is for you to check the stitching of the liner. Some of the were not done well and they opened up when I started to wear the jackets

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pab  [View Original Post]
    In my experience Florida stores haven't shown me the same quality in leather clothing, and prices in general tend to be a tad steeper.

Just wanted to give the man an alternative, hope that's alright.

Cheers
    Of course the downtown Florida Ave stores are "a tad steeper", but by the time our friend pays for a gestor and one or more 160 block taxi rides, that difference will have evaporated.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

If what you are looking for is top quality and don't mind paying the extra buck go to Casa Lopez. Marcelo T de Alvear 640 and 658. That is go to the very end of Florida St to the Plaza San Martin, turn to the left a few yards and there it is. English spoken by most of the employees. I do mean TOP quality!

In my experience Florida stores haven't shown me the same quality in leather clothing, and prices in general tend to be a tad steeper.

Just wanted to give the man an alternative, hope that's alright.

Cheers

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Murillo 666 is where you can find leather at a better price than downtown.

It's about 80 blocks from the Obelisco but only a few minutes by subway.
    Way to go guys.

The man tells you that he is so unsure of his communication abilities that he feels he needs to hire a "negotiator" to buy a leather coat, and your advice is to send him to a wholesale district 80 blocks (that's 8 km) outside the city center where it's doubtful that anyone speaks English, as opposed to simply recommending that he go to Florida Avenue right downtown, and where he'll most certainly find a English-speaking proprietor.

Santa, do yourself a favor: Here is the name and address of a leather shop right on Florida Ave. Their prices are retail but competitive for the area, the owner "Silvia" speaks great English, and a number of forum members including myself, have been very satisfied with their service over the years.

Aida Leather Coats.
    English spoken / Custom fit.
    Florida 670 #30/4393-7872.

Thanks,

Jackson

Murillo (not just 666 but those in the neighbourhood as well) is a good call indeed.

As an alternative you should consider Corium. I believe they've got one shop on Corrientes Av. Not far from Microcentro. Good quality, good prices and they tailor make too.

Cheers

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Creedence  [View Original Post]
    I am sure common usage varies between countries but it in general means manager, negotiator or facilitator.
    I believe that reinforces my original point: One does not need a "manager, negotiator or facilitator" to buy a leather coat in Buenos Aires.

Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    Is this the place out in villa crespo?
    Maybe?

About 80 blocks from the obelisco.

I go by subway and walk 4 blocks to the left.

Forgot which subway but that sounds about right.

TL

Is this the place out in villa crespo?

Murillo

Quote Originally Posted by Santa  [View Original Post]
    I have been in BA for a while, but I don't speak much Spanish. I looking for a gestor to help me buy a leather jacket.

Any recommendations? Thanks
    Murillo 666 is where you can find leather at a better price than downtown.

It's about 80 blocks from the Obelisco but only a few minutes by subway.

I use the address 666 but it's really about 10 leather stores next to each other in the neighborhood.

Be glad to take you there or we can go to some of the shops on or near Florida.

Just call me :

4 381 2145.

156 116 4254.

TL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Hi Santa,

You don't need a "gestor" to buy a leather jacket.

Just go to any leather store on Florida Ave, or elsewhere in the downtown area, or in any upscale shopping mall. They all have employees who speak English, and if they don't, just leave and go to the store next door.

BTW, does anyone know the real definition of "gestor"? I thought the word "gestor" referred to the individuals who hang out in front of every major government office offering their services to individuals who were inclined to pay someone to help them navigate through the bureaucracy of that specific office. I've never hear the word use in the context of a translator.

Thanks,

Jackson
    I am sure common usage varies between countries but it in general means manager, negotiator or facilitator.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Santa  [View Original Post]
    I have been in BA for a while, but I don't speak much Spanish. I looking for a gestor to help me buy a leather jacket.

Hi Santa,

You don't need a "gestor" to buy a leather jacket.

Just go to any leather store on Florida Ave, or elsewhere in the downtown area, or in any upscale shopping mall. They all have employees who speak English, and if they don't, just leave and go to the store next door.

BTW, does anyone know the real definition of "gestor"? I thought the word "gestor" referred to the individuals who hang out in front of every major government office offering their services to individuals who were inclined to pay someone to help them navigate through the bureaucracy of that specific office. I've never hear the word use in the context of a translator.

Thanks,

Jackson

Gestor for a leather jacket

Posting Limitations