This blog is moderated by Big Boss Man

I stand "Confused"

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Sir, I believe you confuse the trains with the subway.
    Thank you for the information. I have walked to Palermo before. I was trying to set up an appointment but my poor Spanish failed me this time. I think it was at Guatemala why Malabia so I knew it would take 30 minutes to get there getting off the subte at Scalabrini Ortiz and walking the 4 blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man  [View Original Post]
    I am glad I picked up a Herald today. I was headed to Palermo. I think taxis might be at a premium today and tomorrow so I think I will wait. Will the chicas be able to get to the clubs tonight with no trains?
    Sir, I believe you confuse the trains with the subway. The chicas come in from the provincias on the above-ground trains, and not the subway which only runs in the city limits (and not even particularly close to the borders in most cases) and stops around 10:30 PM or 2230. Furthermore there are numerous buses to Palermo at less than half the price of the Subte.

This the good thing about Buenos Aires. You have three options besides taxis: train, subway, and bus. Also you can walk to Palermo assuming you are not handicapped. The train is the cheapest. You can get to Palermo from Retiro, getting off at Lisandro de la Torre on one line or Palermo station on another line. 75 centavos. The trains stop around 1 AM and resume around 5 AM but the buses run all night (frequency does drop as the night goes on, though).

I suggest you invest ten pesos in the "Guia T," available at any newsstand.

Subway Strike Today at noon through Thursday May 17 Midnight

I am glad I picked up a Herald today. I was headed to Palermo. I think taxis might be at a premium today and tomorrow so I think I will wait. Will the chicas be able to get to the clubs tonight with no trains?

Posting Limitations