I was in this ugly, run-down town for about six hours yesterday. I did find one puticlub. I think it is called Tequila but anyway it has a Méxican theme and is most likely a rip-off. I did not go in since I had no back-up. Walking away from the bus station, towards town and not towards the insane asylum on the top of the hill, on the street perpendicular to H. Irigoyen, it is in the middle of the second or third or fourth block on the right. This street becomes Lavalle but I don't remember what it is called down at the bus station. The bus station is real gnarly. I bought some coca leaves, which is legal here and in Salta province (only) just for the fuck of it and I am chewing them now and it is a nice, mild buzz. I tried this in Perú years ago but I did not know of the need to mix the leaves with a pinch of bicarbonate of soda, and I am getting a more pronounced effect. Like four cups of coffee without the burning in the gut.

Not my finest report ever but at least now there is something about the province of Jujuy. 2 hours from Salta by bus but could be driven more quickly, maybe an hour and a half.