Thread: Getting a DNI

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Gato Hunter

Dni

The rules have changed a bit also. It is much harder for "gringos" to get a DNI now. You need to show a income from outside of Argentina of at least $2000 monthly. Plus that was last year, the rules might have changed again. Or you can come in as a investor which requires a fair amount of money to be invested. I have a friend who invested well over a million dollars and after 4 years still does not have her DNI, just a precairia (temporary residency document). Besides, being a "tourist" has its advantages!

For a US / Canadian citizen, a DNI really doesn't suffice as a travel document for anywhere except for Uruguay and within Argentina itself. You cannot travel to Brasil or Paraguay as a US / Canadian passport holder without a visa for those countries even if you have a DNI. A DNI will allow you to sign up for a cell phone plan, contract Directv, open a local bank account, buy resident only domestic airfares, etc. As you referred to recent health problems, your best bet for obtaining the temporary residency necessary to qualify for a DNI would be as a patient seeking medical care. All you need to bring with you for this is your US passport and an FBI criminal history report issued within the past six months. The rest of the necessary documents are all obtained within Argentina.

Getting a DNI

Mongers. If I'm in bsas for enough time I want to get a DNI. Alternative travel documents re a great thing I have a USA why Canada passport mercosour would be cool ESP for brazil. Any suggestions? I know there are a few out three that have done this lawyers who grease the wheels of progress are also giod, I'll have a chica watching over but don't want to rely on her she's just my watcher to make Shute nothing silly gets lost in translation.

Posting Limitations