Thread: Exceeding the $10, 000 limit

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by El Perro
    Colonia And Montevideo Uruguay you can. Get dollars from an ATM. Worth the boat ride. I can pull 1k$per Day go over night to montevideo and I could bring back 2k$ at market rate that's 9000 pesos, on the parallel market that's 2000 x 5. 5 is 11 k pesos more than enough to pay for the buquebus ticket.

As a data point I brought in 4k$ in twentys today all in a large wad buried in my carryon. This is 100 x20's same paper as 10k not a problem. I also brought a 32 inch tv in paid no tax. Don't ask me why I ended up with 20's, my fucking. Bank had no franklins that's ok they are well accepted here. I look at each one like a 100 peso bill

Look for the never-ending line

Quote Originally Posted by Punter 127  [View Original Post]
    Where in BA can you get USD from a ATM?
    Talk about a hot date!

The $10, 000 Limit

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCat  [View Original Post]
    Punter, I did not mean to infer dollars. I did mean an ATM for pesos to augment what one takes in. I also remember security in Manila. What an experience. Throw the 3 hour early arrival at the airport out the window! But well worth what we get in return.
    You will get a much better exchange rate if you use XOOM. Com instead of an ATM machine.

Tres3

1. Never declare in the US.

2. Split it up. I carry some in my pocket, some in the wallet, some in my computer bag, etc. Never had a problem here or in other countries, even Colombia or Cayman Islands where there are agents in the airport waiting area asking if you exceed the limit.

3. Set up a larger ATM limit with your bank. I can take out 1K a day. Sometimes I have to go to more than one ATM.
    Punter, I did not mean to infer dollars. I did mean an ATM for pesos to augment what one takes in. I also remember security in Manila. What an experience. Throw the 3 hour early arrival at the airport out the window! But well worth what we get in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Not in a long time, unless you had a local bank account denominated in dollars.

But, you can make a visit to Uruguay and pull dollars out of an ATM. Plus, maybe score some herb from the government. Dollars and dope-Uruguay has it going on.

The caveat-apparently the government's dope proposal involves selling pot only to Uruguayan citizens. But, that might not be much of an impediment to the crafty.
    Sounds like we should all be in Uruguay, LOL.

Just be careful Dogg, if they find out you have more than 10k and did not declare it they can confiscate it all.

I was once forced to show how much money I had in Manila as I was leaving, but they were only interested in Philippine pesos and they only looked at what I had on me, they did not check my bag.

Good Luck!

A nice Double D

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Not any more. Even before this was hit or miss.
    Not in a long time, unless you had a local bank account denominated in dollars.

But, you can make a visit to Uruguay and pull dollars out of an ATM. Plus, maybe score some herb from the government. Dollars and dope-Uruguay has it going on.

The caveat-apparently the government's dope proposal involves selling pot only to Uruguayan citizens. But, that might not be much of an impediment to the crafty.

U$D from ATM's

Quote Originally Posted by Punter 127  [View Original Post]
    Not any more. Even before this was hit or miss.

3. Set up a larger ATM limit with your bank. I can take out 1K a day. Sometimes I have to go to more than one ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    GH, not sure declaring the money to US customs is a good idea, they may notify their brothers in BA a rich gringo is coming with cash so be on the look out! With all the currency restrictions in Argentina today having the cash is enough to raise an eyebrow with the powers that be.
    1. Never declare in the US.

2. Split it up. I carry some in my pocket, some in the wallet, some in my computer bag, etc. Never had a problem here or in other countries, even Colombia or Cayman Islands where there are agents in the airport waiting area asking if you exceed the limit.

US declaration

GH, not sure declaring the money to US customs is a good idea, they may notify their brothers in BA a rich gringo is coming with cash so be on the look out! With all the currency restrictions in Argentina today having the cash is enough to raise an eyebrow with the powers that be.

If you took it out of a legit account its not that bad to declare it in the US.

I would not do it at EZE. Then all the goons know you have lots of cash and you could be setup to be mugged or worse.

Thanks

Thanks for all the advise fellows! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Tim  [View Original Post]
    Dogg,

I would just disperse the bills in some books that are in you carry on bags. X-rays work by highlighting density differences. Paper money, paper book pages. El mismo.

My $0. 02.

TT
    A good value for two measly cents! Thanks Terquiler!

I went out of Newark the begining of this month, with United and as I went through the gate, in the jetway I was stoped by the Port Police and was asked questions, am I taking money for some one, how much money are you taking, how long will you be there. This was the first time I went out of Newark because United changed the flight from Dulles to Newark.

Went out of Dulles at least 40 times in ten years and not one explanation, but my first time out of Newark got pulled aside, even with first class tickets, so go figure. And one time I took 50gs and nothing happened it was in my boots.

I will be going back at the end of this month too hope it gos smoother,

Good luck hope it helped

Yen are more dense, or 500 euro notes less of a wad. I would be ok with two money beltsi have precheck so I gt hardly no scan I would be worried about eze more than theUS. I'm bringing a large wad again also let me know how you do.

Posting Limitations