This blog is moderated by WhiteCat

I took a walk through Recoleta Village today. It seems like the whole place will be boarded up and gone before long. A far cry from the old days.

The only place I recognized was Buller brewery and even they are moving.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    The Mall reopened after a 4 year makeover and contains McDonald's and Friday's which do not count as restaurants!

The ONLY thing nice about the place is the Movie Theater.

The 2 or 3 restos in front of the mall are gone.

Next to Newport is a decent steakhouse that is owned by La Chacra, the monster tourist trap next to my old place.

The rest are all still there, La Biela being the most famous Confiteria in Recoleta.

That's the one with the incredible 225 year old tree in front.

TL
    Like TL said, the places that used to be on the street level, facing the cemetery are gone for good. I like the place next to NP (it isn't bad, isn't great, but the location is tough to beat). La Biela is a great people-watching locale. Say Hello, to Robert Duval, when he passes through. Their demi lunas are pretty good as is their coffee. I've had some very heavy pours there, late at night.

The Mall Was Always There

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCat  [View Original Post]
    What is the latest here? I heard this mall opened but are any of the old restaurants open to sit outside? I remember one Italian place that had the best food.
    The Mall reopened after a 4 year makeover and contains McDonald's and Friday's which do not count as restaurants!

The ONLY thing nice about the place is the Movie Theater.

The 2 or 3 restos in front of the mall are gone.

Next to Newport is a decent steakhouse that is owned by La Chacra, the monster tourist trap next to my old place.

The rest are all still there, La Biela being the most famous Confiteria in Recoleta.

That's the one with the incredible 225 year old tree in front.

TL

Ladrons

Watch out for the snatch and run sitting outside I have seen two incidents personally one was a purse on th back of a chair with a run to the back of a waiting moto the other was a very fast teenager grabbed a cell phone right out of a woman's hand and was the fastest human I have ever seen boy needed to try out for the track team ran right down uriburu to las heras and vanished

Village Recoleta Outside Restaurants

What is the latest here? I heard this mall opened but are any of the old restaurants open to sit outside? I remember one Italian place that had the best food.

Posting Limitations