Thread: Looking for a cook

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Member #3320
    Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    Since I am inclined towards spicy food.

So someday I am eating Peruvian or Thai or Mexican or Indian!

Last night had excellent beef steak.

See the picture of my lunch yesterday. (It comprised of steamed fish filled with spicy chillies inside, baked sweet potato and fresh carrot juice).

Today is Sunday, so cook's holiday.

But my lunch and dinner was prepared yesterday and kept in fridge for today. I prefer that than going out searching food or ordering a take-away.

All is well.

See PM for more details.
    Sounds-looks delish! And thanks for the pm.

The cook is doing well so far

Since I am inclined towards spicy food.

So someday I am eating Peruvian or Thai or Mexican or Indian!

Last night had excellent beef steak.

See the picture of my lunch yesterday. ( It comprised of steamed fish filled with spicy chillies inside, baked sweet potato and fresh carrot juice).

Today is Sunday, so cook's holiday.

But my lunch and dinner was prepared yesterday and kept in fridge for today. I prefer that than going out searching food or ordering a take-away.

All is well.

See PM for more details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0451.jpg‎  

By the way, I have found a excellent person to cook for me.

Charging me 2000 pesos a month (Sundays off).

The person is preparing 3 balanced meals for me, plus preparing healthy snacks, gives me tea / coffee, cleans the kitchen and utensils and shops for me from cheap markets. Even calculates the calories for me and gives me advise on nutrition.

I got 2 more applications for 2500 pesos a month.

I also got some people asking 750 USD 1500 USD a month!

Go figure!

P. S _ The trick to be be patient. The financial situation in BA is bad for people who live here and have no money coming from outside.
    Good stuff 3320! How is it working out so far? Can you pm me with some info? Where did you advertise, how long, and cost of advertising? I may be looking for some part-time help when I get back from Colombia in mid Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre; 425238.

It's impossible to eat healthy and inexpensive at the same time in BA!

Impossible!
    I used to think that, but the trick is to eat lots of vegetables that you buy enough of for one / two days maximum (any longer than that and the veg becomes inedible). And you can find cheaper cuts of meat and make soups and stews.

(I also avoid most carbs (no refined sugar or flour) , although not bothered by carby root veg.)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I was trying to help out a girlfriend that would have done it for 1200 pesos flat.
    I am satisfied with the present cook, who is in tatters has no money / no job. Struggling to make ends meet.

I am a hard task master and a perfectionist.

So, if this cook "runs away" (like we say ), I will surely consider your offer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Your Diet

I remember you quoted me a price of 25 pesos a hour! I don; t see any thread where you quoted 1500 pesos a month.

However, I am satisfied with the price. I think 2000 pesos is very low but its suits my budget because I have to buy the food too. Can not be spending all my money on food. Have to take care of my sex life too!

Yes, some people wrote me asking 15 us$ a hour. Some wrote to me 100 pesos a hour! They think everyone who comes to BA is a fool and is loaded with cash.
    At some point in this thread we BOTH talked about $20 to $50. 00 pesos an hour with a 3 hour per day minimum.

$75. 00 pesos per day is about $2250. 00 the last time I checked.

Only when TOYSHIT got involved with his Horse Shit commentaries that have absolutely nothing to do with this thread did you assume that someone was trying to make 2 centavos.

I was trying to help out a girlfriend that would have done it for 1200 pesos flat.

For every idiot like Toyshit I have 1000's of loyal followers, friends, aquaintances and clientes.

Everyone of them wheather newbie or old hound calls me, brings me trinkets and asks me for my advice which is fucking free!

I'm not the cheap motherfucker that stabs "Fishing Guides" in the back.

Now getting back to your diet :

It's impossible to eat healthy and inexpensive at the same time in BA!

Impossible!

Examples :

Pink Salmon. $160. 00 per Kilo.

Lomo. $65 to 110 pesos per Kilo.

Broccoli. $26. 00 per kilo.

Decent Bread. Maybe $20. 00 per loaf? I don't eat bread.

Tuna. 20p for a small can of shit tuna.

Etc, etc.

May be cheaper in certain parts of town and in the smaller Asian super markets.

12 eggs 10 to 15p.

Cheap burger meat. 37p from a butcher. 49p from CarreFour, Jumbo, etc.

Fruits and vegetables are high enough, meat is outrageous and seafood is untouchable.

So think lentils!

Thanks, anytime Boys!

TL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

[QUOTE=Member #3320; 425210]

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeOilSales  [View Original Post]
    Cook (cocinero, a lesser ayudante al cocinero exists and makes less) : 4850 pesos.

Its the market of the perso who has money to give wages. If anybody can obtain 4850, so be it. Plus, my cook won't be working 200 hours a month.
    I was not criticizing you by any means. I was just stating the facts of what these particular workers make at this particular time in Buenos Aires if they are fully registered. I will add to this that it is EXTREMELY difficult to actually get a job of this nature; most somewhat easily obtainable positions go to Colombians, Paraguayans and Dominicans willing to work for MUCH less as unregistered workers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SnakeOilSales For This Post:

[QUOTE=SnakeOilSales; 425206]Cook (cocinero, a lesser ayudante al cocinero exists and makes less) : 4850 pesos.

Its the market of the perso who has money to give wages. If anybody can obtain 4850, so be it. Plus, my cook won't be working 200 hours a month.

Rantings from an idiot dude.

I remember you quoted me a price of 25 pesos a hour! I don; t see any thread where you quoted 1500 pesos a month.

However, I am satisfied with the price. I think 2000 pesos is very low but its suits my budget because I have to buy the food too. Can not be spending all my money on food. Have to take care of my sex life too!

Yes, some people wrote me asking 15 us$ a hour. Some wrote to me 100 pesos a hour! They think everyone who comes to BA is a fool and is loaded with cash.
    As I am sure you already know dude. Almost all senior members on this board totally disregard almost everything TL has to say about Argentina. He is a sad clown totally void of any local knowledge. Just a pimp trying to prey on newbies. He has his place with lazy newbies, but beyond that he is nothing more than sad entertainment. Oops. My bad. You figured that out long ago. LMAO. Monger on Dude. Toymann

ps. You did well bro. My buddy emailed me back yesterday and his girlfriend had a friend that would do the job for you 6 days a week for 3000 pesos a month. Dinners only. Well done!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

I congratulate you on your cook, maid, etc.

I was beating down my close friend to do it for 1200. 1500 pesos a month.

1500. 00 USD?

That's a joke!

A bus boy makes about 3200p in white.

A waiter maybe 3800p?

Not counting tips and benefits.

I just can't remember what a REAL cook makes.

Not a desperarte housewife.

Sounds good though!

The main problem that I can see is that these fucking Indians think that :

White Bread is Good!

French Fries are Good!

Potatoes are Good!

White Rice is Good!

McDonald's is Good!

I have seen babies milk bottles filled with Coca-Cola while eating fucking CHIPS!

So the price is right but the menu is up to you!

Thanks,

TL
    In capital federal, after all the union agreed bonuses, bonuses for showing up everyday on time, etc those workers (assuming they are in white) earn the following:

Busboy (no actual job title for this, but Peon General would be closest) : 3400 pesos.

Waiter: 5050 pesos.

Cook (cocinero, a lesser ayudante al cocinero exists and makes less) : 4850 pesos

Keep in mind that those salaries are what those said employees actually receive in their pocket for working 200 hours per month and do not include social security benefits (cargas sociales, which are 50% extra, all paid by the employer)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnakeOilSales For This Post:

Not a Indian, the person hired.

1500. 00 USD?

You Did Better Than Me!

Charging me 2000 pesos a month (Sundays off).

The person is preparing 3 balanced meals for me, plus preparing healthy snacks, gives me tea / coffee, cleans the kitchen and utensils and shops for me from cheap markets. Even calculates the calories for me and gives me advise on nutrition.

I also got some people asking 750 USD 1500 USD a month!

Go figure!

P. S _ The trick to be be patient. The financial situation in BA is bad for people who live here and have no money coming from outside.

1500. 00 USD?

That's a joke!

A bus boy makes about 3200p in white.

A waiter maybe 3800p?

Not counting tips and benefits.

I just can't remember what a REAL cook makes.

Not a desperarte housewife.

Sounds good though!

White Bread is Good!

French Fries are Good!

Potatoes are Good!

White Rice is Good!

McDonald's is Good!

I have seen babies milk bottles filled with Coca-Cola while eating fucking CHIPS!

So the price is right but the menu is up to you!

Thanks,

TL

Glad to announce that I found a cook on my own!

Charging me 2000 pesos a month ( Sundays off).

I also got some people asking 750 USD ~ 1500 USD a month!

Go figure!

P.S _ The trick to be be patient. The financial situation in BA is bad for people who live here and have no money coming from outside.

It's up to you to put in the hours and read this board.

TL
    Please pay attention!

I have 709 posts on this board.

I am not sure, what you mean " read this board!".

I am reading it since 2007.

Posting Limitations