Thread: 2012 Olympics

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Rev BS

USA wins most golds, most medals

American Exceptionalism is alive and well.

Country Gold Silver Bronze Total

United States of America 46 29 29 104
    People's Republic of China 38 27 23 88
    Russian Federation 24 26 32 82
    Great Britain 29 17 19 65
    Germany 11 19 14 44
    Japan 7 14 17 38
    Australia 7 16 12 35
    France 11 11 12 34
    Republic of Korea 13 8 7 28
    Italy 8 9 11 28

Hot babe

Lola Jones of the US in the 100 meters hurdles, she was the favorite in Beijing but took a spill. She might not be the favorite this time but I am pulling for her.

After a long absence, the US men has strong contenders in the 800, 1500 & 5000 meters. Like Toymann said, Ford is making a comeback.

3. 08-07-12 11:00

The American Spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt  [View Original Post]
    Is Hope Solo, the US women's soccer goalie.

To be more speedy, I will be increasing my intake of plantains & black beans. Amazngly, no US men in the 400 metres final, an event that they have dominated forever. That is quite similar to the US losing the automobile industry to Japan. I think the US has outsourced the sprints to the Carribean and Central America
    You know BS. You make me SICK. I am sure you are the kind of dude always picked last as a child or at least second last for any sporting event. YOU ARE SUCH A HATER! I am not a huge fan of chica sports BUT the US / Canada soccer semi-final soccer final was awsome. The US trailed the whole way coming back time and time again, only winning 45 seconds short of penalty kicks. Thats how we roll dude, Pull your head out of your ass dude. Such a shame really! Don't ever come back idiot. We don't want you here. Happy mongering All. Toymann.

Ps. What planet do you live on idiot. Ford rocks and now rules in the US. Japan? IALOTFLMAO!

Campazzo's cheap shot to Carmelo's groin

Argentine guard Facundo Campazzo's third quarter cheap shot at Carmelo Anthony's groin while he's launching a 3-pointer was pretty bad. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone intentionally doing that in an organized (not a pickup game) basketball game. Since it's likely that the USA and Argentina will meet again, the second game could get interesting because you know there's going to be pay back.

On another sport, I'm not a big fan of soccer (futbol) since I usually get bored, but the USA vs. Canada women's game had me captivated like no other game that I've seen. I just hope the gold medal game with Japan is just as exciting.

Sexiest Olympian, other than the entire Dutch women handball and field hockey team, I'd give a vote to USA soccer player Sydney Leroux.

Sexier than Angela Jolie,

Is Hope Solo, the US women's soccer goalie.

To be more speedy, I will be increasing my intake of plantains & black beans. Amazngly, no US men in the 400 metres final, an event that they have dominated forever. That is quite similar to the US losing the automobile industry to Japan. I think the US has outsourced the sprints to the Carribean and Central America

Biomechanics, inate ability, desire, etc.

I think that with Bolt, you are seeing the current, ultimate sprinting machine. At 6' 5", he towered over the field. However, if you look at him standing alone, he doesn't look disproportionately tall. He looks like a sprinter. If all else (cadence, in particular) is the same, between two sprinters, the longer stride should cover more distance in the same time or the same distance in a shorter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt  [View Original Post]
    On the other hand, the middle and long distances are dominated by Black athletes from continental Africa with a few exceptions like the winner in London, Farah of the GB. North Africans (Morrocco, Tunisia, Algeria) did put a dent for about 12 years, but Kenya and Etophia has controlled the races. 800m upwards to the marathon.
    Mo was born in mogadishu Somalia, he came to the uk when he was 8 but I do understand your angle.

Track & field trivia

Even as the world celebrate and billions of people are watching the games, this thread is more dead than my cock.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Usain Bolt has done again in magnificent style. It might have been the fastest race ever with 5 or 6 people breaking 10 seconds.

I have been following Olympic track & field since I was a kid. When it comes to running, it has been dominated by athletes of African heritage since the 70s. Here is where it becomes interesting. In the sprints (100m. 200, 400m) , they have been dominated by black athletes from North America (US & Canada) and the Carribean. Borzov from Russia, Fredericks from Namibia, Christie from GB, and a few others are exceptions. On the other hand, the middle and long distances are dominated by Black athletes from continental Africa with a few exceptions like the winner in London, Farah of the GB. North Africans (Morrocco, Tunisia, Algeria) did put a dent for about 12 years, but Kenya and Etophia has controlled the races. 800m upwards to the marathon.

Both sexes displayed the same phenomon. So what gives, is it a preference of events from a physical, cultural or social perspective? Anybody has an answer, since you all are avid students and admirers of the human anatomy.

Didn't she work with Daisy and Jessica for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Yes! The hottest woman at the opening ceremony was a woman wearing a red dress at the front of the Paraguay team when they walked in. My jaw almost dropped when I saw her, she looked like a model, not an athlete. Turns out she is a javelin thrower by the name Leryn Franco, on the Paraguay team. And she's also a model and Miss Paraguay runner-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    I have the olyimpics on all the time at the casa on the big srcreen, the paraguaya javelin thrower OS one of othe hotels girls in the world
    Yes! The hottest woman at the opening ceremony was a woman wearing a red dress at the front of the Paraguay team when they walked in. My jaw almost dropped when I saw her, she looked like a model, not an athlete. Turns out she is a javelin thrower by the name Leryn Franco, on the Paraguay team. And she's also a model and Miss Paraguay runner-up.

USA v Argentina basketball

I will be en casa (Jax's apt) and the game shall be on for any who wish to come by.

Can anyone confirm

Just finish watching some women's gymnastics. Was that Michelle Obama that won the all-around gold medal. My Thai does not allow me to understand what the commentators are saying.

Swim babes

Almost all are very attractive and have great bodies, but somehow, they are not sexy to me. But still great to look at.

I missed the Chinese medal hostesses in Beijing. Now, there were alot stunners there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Spain falls in first round of futbal
    Korea has 6'4" volleyball star Kim Yeon-Koung who is just sooo sexy. Slim and tall, definitely a 400ar babe. Put some 5" heels on her and rock and roll.

Shocker!

Spain falls in first round of futbal

Posting Limitations