Thread: USA & World Economics

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Yet another back-handed racist slap by Rev BS against white American men as he once again gleefully decries the what he believes is their inevitable extinction.

Rev, I'm going to start calling you out on this racist hate-speech every time I see it.

Enough is enough.

Thanks,

Jax.
    Jackson must have been paying extra close attention to Fox News and the Rush Limbaugh Show recently, he has come up with some new material for his indisputably stale stock responses!!!! The next thing we know he will be trying to convince us (again) with a straight face that Obama was born in Kenya and that his ultimate goal is to turn the USA into a Muslim Caliphate!

2015, The Year of the American Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...t_the_u_s.html

2015, The Year of the American Traveler.

If you are not collecting welfare, then you are in luck with seeing the world, particularly Europe. Never has the Euro been this low since it was introduced in 1999. Whilst it is still not quite the Vietnamese Dong yet, you should take advantage of this crisis to see Europe. Avoid the trendy cities like Rome or Paris and expensive countries like Switzerland and Scandinavia, and you will have the time of your life. Go to Latvia, Estonia or Serbia and Albania. Or even Turkey for getting the most value out of your dollar.

But why should I go to these countries, I might as well as go to Detroit!! Because it will open your eyes, and improve your perspective. And because it is 2015, not 1927. You got that?

Never have I seen international airfares with so much value. And the European budget airlines have fares that seem cheaper than buses. Americans travel extensively, but going to places like Cabo San Lucas and the Bahamas, and you end up more stupid than before you went. And pretending to be high rollers playing golf in Hawaii and and the Caribbean only put Americans into more credit indebtedness.

Anyway, just enjoy, you will never have it so good for the rest of your life.
    Well, uh, there's a reason flying to the next Ukraine is cheap.

Personally I'd wait until Greece leaves or is kicked out of the Euro monetary union. The new drachma is likely going to be much cheaper than the Euro, if it is still standing. And Greece has got better weather, beaches, historical monuments and food!

Never has the Euro been this low since it was introduced in 1999.
    Bzzt. Wrong. Completely incorrect. The low was about 83 cents. I was there at the time. It was awesome. I know you are not big on facts, but that statement was particularly dumb.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/

Administrator

Venues: 398
    ...Americans travel extensively, but going to places like Cabo San Lucas and the Bahamas, and you end up more stupid than before you went. And pretending to be high rollers playing golf in Hawaii and and the Caribbean only put Americans into more credit indebtedness.
    Yet another back-handed racist slap by Rev BS against white American men as he once again gleefully decries the what he believes is their inevitable extinction.

Rev, I'm going to start calling you out on this racist hate-speech every time I see it.

Enough is enough.

Thanks,

Jax.

The South, the South!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/..._mapped_them_f

Or the Bible Belt as it is also known. Now I am not going to claim I know anything about the South. Other than a couple of visits fo Texas, Louisiana and Florida.

Much more slow drawn, friendlier, poorer. Bar-be-Q, NASCAR, Confederate flags. Stereotyping here.

You would think family would be supremely important?

Travellers Alert

2015, The Year of the American Traveler.

If you are not collecting welfare, then you are in luck with seeing the world, particularly Europe. Never has the Euro been this low since it was introduced in 1999. Whilst it is still not quite the Vietnamese Dong yet, you should take advantage of this crisis to see Europe. Avoid the trendy cities like Rome or Paris and expensive countries like Switzerland and Scandinavia, and you will have the time of your life. Go to Latvia, Estonia or Serbia and Albania. Or even Turkey for getting the most value out of your dollar.

But why should I go to these countries, I might as well as go to Detroit!! Because it will open your eyes, and improve your perspective. And because it is 2015, not 1927. You got that?

Never have I seen international airfares with so much value. And the European budget airlines have fares that seem cheaper than buses. Americans travel extensively, but going to places like Cabo San Lucas and the Bahamas, and you end up more stupid than before you went. And pretending to be high rollers playing golf in Hawaii and and the Caribbean only put Americans into more credit indebtedness.

Anyway, just enjoy, you will never have it so good for the rest of your life.

Drill, baby, drill!

http://trove.com/a/Decades-of-human-...el-head%5B1%5D

Humanity given enough time will ultimately destroy their environment & themselves. Why so? Because of the inability to understand the "Greater Good" concept. So now Mt Everest is a cesspool. But who cares.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev BS For This Post:

Putin vows to find killers!

http://www2.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...heories-abound

What a joke! Great abestos salesman.

Anwar Ibrahim, Malaysian opposition party leader, convicted on sodomy charges had his appeal denied by the Supreme Court and sentenced to 5 years prison. Already 67 years old, it kind of put him onto pasture. And the list goes on with ruling governments running over opposition parties & leaders.

But top of the list is the thug, Vladimir Putin. Within some AP circles, he is admired for his strongman antics as he is portray as wagging Obama's tail. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some Russians are having to eat borscht now with no cabbage. And Pattaya's economy is suffering heart palpitations from the absence of Russians overnight, rudely interrupted by Obama's sleight of hand.

Yes, the trash talks continues about Obama's foreign policy. Muslims killing Christians! Read some real history, man. That Foxy propaganda, sensationalized for ratings, nothing else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev BS For This Post:

No World for Warren Zevon

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...-asia-sick-man

The corporate virus has been spreading for quite a few decades now, and the tipping point has arrived in Thailand. More malls are sprouting along Sukhumvit Road and elsewhere. Some call it progress & development, but is it really? Escalators & air-conditioning are nice, so are better toilet facilities. Other than that, who needs all the junk in the stores. Dehumanization & popular culture are its main features. And then there is the illusion that life is better just because you are on Facebook and have a Coach bag.
    I yearn for the days of lawyers, guns and money. Now its banks and real estate developers. And of course bent politicians. They never go out of style.

Household debt keeps Thailand a sick man

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...-asia-sick-man

The corporate virus has been spreading for quite a few decades now, and the tipping point has arrived in Thailand. More malls are sprouting along Sukhumvit Road and elsewhere. Some call it progress & development, but is it really? Escalators & air-conditioning are nice, so are better toilet facilities. Other than that, who needs all the junk in the stores. Dehumanization & popular culture are its main features. And then there is the illusion that life is better just because you are on Facebook and have a Coach bag.

Okay. Now I'm. Just trolling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vlad chess.jpg‎  

First of all. This thread is USA & world economics. So that is what I'm trying to discuss. Second of all the rouble comment was rather tongue-in-cheek. I didn't expect anyone to bite. I'd discuss it but it would take a much longer post. And if you're Russian you must be fifth column or a navalny acolyte. Because very few people in Russia dislike Putin. The more those nato eurocrats attack him, the more his electorate supports him.

You can say what you want about the guy but the numbers speak for themselves. I'm talking economic facts here not biased personal opinions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadom...n-with-the-g7/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US-and-Russian-Unemployment-2000-12.jpg‎   500x1000px-LL-378cb012_Russian_economy_since_fall_of_Soviet_Union.png‎   500x1000px-LL-788f2971_russia-gdp.png‎   G7averagerussia1998-2012.jpg‎   Russia-G71.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    There are too many holes in your off topic reply to even try to begin to correct. Also your rant had nothing to do with the thread title. It just seemed like you were venting about your hate for Russians.

Ill be happy to discuss the actual facts of the south stream and turk stream projects, their geopolitical implications for Europe Eurasia Nato the GCC etc. That, energy politics, and the ongoing currency wars are the most important political topics of this decade.

Non factual subjective emotional rants aren't exactly what I had in mind.

Maybe I should have qualified my statement by saying a " factual knowledge based " opinion or argument.
    With all due respect, in your post you asked people to comment on where they thought the ruble was going, which I did. I won't get into a discussion about whether or not I was off-topic or if I posted in the right or wrong place, as that's just silly. This is the chit-chat section of a mongers message board, and I try not to take what gets posted here too seriously. I gave you my opinion, and that was it. Don't read too much into it -- it's just one man's opinion.

I certainly don't hate Russia. I AM Russian and my history and opinions regarding Russia are way too complicated and personal to post here (other than the sweeping generalizations I made below). Hate is too broad of a statement in any case. I loved (most) of the people I met during the course of my 30 trips there. And though I appreciate your offer to engage in what I'm sure would be a lively discussion of the "south stream and turk stream projects, their geopolitical implications for Europe Eurasia Nato the GCC etc. ", I'm on vacation in this beautifully fucked up city, and I have about a million things I'd rather do. You obviously know your shit, and I respect you for that. But engaging with you on an academic level would take way too much time / energy. And that's a dig on me, as I was the one who quoted a two week old post. I'd rather just let it go. Peace!

There are too many holes in your off topic reply to even try to begin to correct. Also your rant had nothing to do with the thread title. It just seemed like you were venting about your hate for Russians.

Ill be happy to discuss the actual facts of the south stream and turk stream projects, their geopolitical implications for Europe Eurasia Nato the GCC etc. That, energy politics, and the ongoing currency wars are the most important political topics of this decade.

Non factual subjective emotional rants aren't exactly what I had in mind.

Maybe I should have qualified my statement by saying a " factual knowledge based " opinion or argument.

Then don't ask for opinions on a public forum.

The Russian Ruble will continue to loose value, as it did today and as it did yesterday, until such time as the price of oil stabilizes. I liked what you wrote. But every time Russia gains a bit of political momentum, and their economy starts to rebound, they find a way to screw it up. I lived there long enough to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    Don't ever quote me again. These are 60 seconds of my life I will never get back.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chezz For This Post:

Posting Limitations