Thread: Tenador Libres

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz
    There's also a Parillada (just meat, salad and pasta) that's a tenedor libre in San Telmo. On Estados Unidos, near Chacabuco.

Family run, small and friendly, and the last time I went there it was AR$55 (about 7 or 8 months ago).

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Can anybody recommend some around the 100P mark that are good and not Chinese?
    Brasas Argentinas.

Alicia Moreau de Justo 1108, Puerto Madero.

It's the first place I take any visitors from abroad. Haven't been for a couple of months, but I walked past it at the weekend and I think the current price is AR$90. The mid-week price will be lower than that (maybe AR$75?). Very nice, heavy white table-cloths, professional waiters, great selection of wine (starting at under AR$30 / bottle) , meat grilled while you wait, fresh sea-food, sushi made in front of you with your chosen ingredients and dessert included (although not much of a selection).

Biggest negative. They don't accept cards. Cash only.

Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    My favourite is Spettus (A. M. De Justo 876). A little more expensive but excellent quality. Especially the buffet. Though I haven't been there for a while.
    My faorite one used to be on Corrientes between Something, Something, Figuroa, Something, Something and Gascon. It was very good, a little pricey but very good quality meats, sushi (Argentine) and salads but it's closed and the building is now a bank.

My favourite is Spettus (A. M. De Justo 876). A little more expensive but excellent quality. Especially the buffet. Though I haven't been there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    It's there, it's Asian and it's not very good but what do you expect from an Asian owned Libre.

Maybe 46p plus a mandatory drink.

There is a massive Libre on Corrientes 4567, something Paradiso?

One block from the subway station so it's a cheap date.

It has everything!

Asian but decent, maybe 60p?

600 seats and full at times!

Deserts are included and almost good.

La Bistecca is a fine meal where as the others are Scarf and Barfs!

TL
    A mainstay middle of the road all you can eat is www.sigalavaca.com I can't quote you the current pricing, but it is reasonable, soda included and the food is passable. Argentine cuisine. Several locations thoughout the city.

Fred

There are 4 or 5 in Micro Centro, ALL BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    I used to go with Cigar Eric to Victoria, Suipacha and Cordoba. Its been maybe three years since I was there. You could get in and out for under 40p then. I don't even know if it still exists. I can't remember if it was Chinese run or not, maybe so.

Cigar used to go there semi regularly and eat up damn near every strawberry available.

It's there, it's Asian and it's not very good but what do you expect from an Asian owned Libre.

Maybe 46p plus a mandatory drink.

There is a massive Libre on Corrientes 4567, something Paradiso?

One block from the subway station so it's a cheap date .

It has everything!

Asian but decent, maybe 60p?

600 seats and full at times!

Deserts are included and almost good.

La Bistecca is a fine meal where as the others are Scarf and Barfs!

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Used to chat with Eric a lot when bumping into regularly for coffee at Madeleine's last year.

Cigar Eric fits him. 3/4 of the time I ran I into him he had one going to lit up later.

Be nice to bump into him again if he's around sometime before end of year.
    Last I talked with the Cigar one he said he would be back next month. He tends to amend his schedule frequently however.

Used to chat with Eric a lot when bumping into regularly for coffee at Madeleine's last year.

Cigar Eric fits him. 3/4 of the time I ran I into him he had one going to lit up later.

Be nice to bump into him again if he's around sometime before end of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    I used to go with Cigar Eric to Victoria, Suipacha and Cordoba. Its been maybe three years since I was there. You could get in and out for under 40p then. I don't even know if it still exists. I can't remember if it was Chinese run or not, maybe so.

Cigar used to go there semi regularly and eat up damn near every strawberry available.

Before I left in 2007 there were generally two classes of these buffet places. Horrid ones that cost around 11-15 (2007) pesos and some pretty nice ones that were between 30-45 pesos. All of the good ones I knew (quite Dickhead) are closed and the majority that are left are priced around 50P and seem to be run by Chinese. Buckenup and I went to an EXCELLENT one in PM called Rodizio but it's a little pricy at 175P per head. If you haven't been I highly recomend it. Can anybody recommend some around the 100P mark that are good and not Chinese?

La Bistecca

Before I left in 2007 there were generally two classes of these buffet places. Horrid ones that cost around 11-15 (2007) pesos and some pretty nice ones that were between 30-45 pesos. All of the good ones I knew (quite Dickhead) are closed and the majority that are left are priced around 50P and seem to be run by Chinese. Buckenup and I went to an EXCELLENT one in PM called Rodizio but it's a little pricy at 175P per head. If you haven't been I highly recomend it. Can anybody recommend some around the 100P mark that are good and not Chinese?
    La Bistecca in Puerto Madero.

Ave. Alicia M. De Justo, on the waterfront, next to the movie theater and down the street from Rodizio.

Table cloths, napkins, non Asian owners apparently.

Excellent service!

M. F. Lunch is $69. 00 plus whatever you drink.

Creamed spinach is great, soups, parrilla, pastas, pizzas made to order.

Deserts are additional but they have a Molten Chocolate Waterfall that you can fondue fruits and brownies that is included.

I think I pay about $90. 00 when I go.

Went there Friday.

Night time and weekends it bumps up to maybe $150. 00?

Call them : 4 514 4999/98/97.

The manager brings you the bill personally and the ambiance is nice enough for anybody!

2 for 1 special on a certain bottle of wine right now.

1 to drink there and 1 to take home.

Odd?

TL

Tenador Libres

Posting Limitations