Thread: Los Recuerdos

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Chezz

I renew my nomination

Great review Chezz, knowing that you understand food makes them that much more valuable.

Los Recuerdos

Los Recuerdos is a small Colombian restaurant not far from the AP House at 934 Paraguay, between Marcelo T and Paraguay. I've been walking by for years without ever stepping in, so I figured why not? I went for lunch today at 3pm and about half the tables were empty. But by the time we left at 4:15, every seat was taken. They seem to stay busy all day long. The menu features mostly Colombian food with a few Argentine dishes thrown in.

I ordered the Ajaico Bogotano, which is a thick chicken and potato soup served with a whole chicken leg in the middle, skin and all. On the side they served a plate of white rice, half of a perfectly ripe avocado and one of those ridiculously hard and dry Arepas. As a garnish, they bring out a dish of some very tasty salsa picante, which combined with the avocado rounds out the soup perfectly. I finished the entire bowl and it was just enough. Pretty fucking tasty and the price was right at 35 pesos.

My Argie friend in town from Rio Negro ordered a plate that included a small fried fish, rice and beans. The fish looked really nasty and according to my friend, didn't taste any better. He said he's never come back, whereas I'd go back tomorrow. Then again, his palate is straight-fucked from a lifetime eating nothing but Milaneses and ChoriPan.

The rest of their menu looks interesting. I'm looking forward to trying their Sancocho de Res to see how it stands up to my favorite little street vendor at La Mayorista, Medellin.

Oh yeah, free and fast wi-fi.

I would recommend this place for a casual, quick meal.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chezz For This Post:

Posting Limitations