Thread: Reciprocity visa fee, must pay online

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Damman

EZE Customs

New procedures coming. Can some travellers post there experiences?

http://www.infobae.com/economia/2017...ana-de-ezeiza/

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin  [View Original Post]
    Weren't the reciprocity fees canceled? Because I thought they were.
    Correct. The post you are referring to is about the VAT tax.

Weren't the reciprocity fees canceled? Because I thought they were.

Reciprocity Fee

Great, I am greatly relieved. Also appreciate the update on the IVA reimbursement. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    I showed the immigration officer mine because it is an old passport. He said it was no longer necessary to bring it as January 2017. Unfortunately I still need to carry it because my Brazilian visa is in there.

Also the IVA tax has disappeared. You can get it reimbursed for anything you buy in Argentina at the airport. As of Thursday February 2 2017, the IVA reimbursement lines are not long. If it is the same as in Europe however you have to show the object as well as the receipt. For example, I bought some children's clothes for a friend of mine and I could have had the tax reimbursed if I had the clothes when I left.

If you are an American you no longer need reciprocity fee for Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnfool  [View Original Post]
    I just ran across this thread. I tried the two suggested websites, but not knowing a lot of spanish, I was unable to navigate them. I assume this fee is still required. Am I correct?
    I showed the immigration officer mine because it is an old passport. He said it was no longer necessary to bring it as January 2017. Unfortunately I still need to carry it because my Brazilian visa is in there.

Also the IVA tax has disappeared. You can get it reimbursed for anything you buy in Argentina at the airport. As of Thursday February 2 2017, the IVA reimbursement lines are not long. If it is the same as in Europe however you have to show the object as well as the receipt. For example, I bought some children's clothes for a friend of mine and I could have had the tax reimbursed if I had the clothes when I left.

I need an update on this "reciprocity fee"

I just ran across this thread. I tried the two suggested websites, but not knowing a lot of spanish, I was unable to navigate them. I assume this fee is still required. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    According the article Amantelondres pointed out http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dur...-buenos-aires/
    Those passengers were sent back - not giving a chance to pay a fine or bribe.
    I am sure that is correct. But it does show how small minded and vindictive these people are. The country is hard pressed for foreign currency and they turn away tourists on a technicality. Hell, charge them a extra $100 or what ever. After all, this is not a real "visa" , its just another way to make money! If they ever did that to me I would never return and I would make sure that everyone I know knew what foo; the they were.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    If the airline lets you on the plane, and you have not paid the fee before arriving, you are screwed. The Argentine Government will send you back, punto final.

Tres3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Unless you pay the "coima"! .
    According the article Amantelondres pointed out http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dur...-buenos-aires/
    Those passengers were sent back - not giving a chance to pay a fine or bribe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsman For This Post:

If the airline lets you on the plane, and you have not paid the fee before arriving, you are screwed. The Argentine Government will send you back, punto final.

Tres3.
    Unless you pay the "coima"! .

You Are Hosed

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertPunter  [View Original Post]
    Apparently this is announcement made on all flights before landing: citizens from US, Canada and Australia please contact staff in case you don't have visa, as you may be rejected.

Tres3.

Fee / visa

Apparently this is announcement made on all flights before landing: citizens from US, Canada and Australia please contact staff in case you don't have visa, as you may be rejected.

Reciprocity Fee / Visa

...is the page in our passport indicating we paid back in 2010 still valid or do we have to do it again
    The page in your passport is good for 10 years from the date on the page. I have a page in my passport, and have used it three times with no problems. The page is actually easier because that is one less thing that you have to carry. Do not forget to carry the passport with the page showing you have paid the fee, if the passport with the page expires. Have a good trip!

Tres3

Reciprocity fee

Until January 1 of this year you paid the "reciprocity fee" when you arrived in Argentina and the Argentine official at the airport put a stamp page in your passport. The page is good for 10 years from the date on the page. AFTER January 1, the Argentine government changed the rules and now a traveler from the USA, or one of the other affected countries, must pay the "reciprocity fee" online with a credit card, and print a receipt with a bar code showing the the fee was paid. This receipt is also good for 10 years, and the Argentine government is SUPPOSED to keep an electronic copy of the receipt in case it is lost, stolen, or your passport expires before the 10 years is up. The fee is good for multiple entries. I recommend that a traveler print a second copy and put it in a safe place. Ten years is a long time and a lot can happen. If your passport expires before the "reciprocity fee" it is a good idea to short circuit the Argentine bureaucracy by traveling to Argentina with BOTH the old and new passports.

The carriers' gate agents are supposed to have instructions to check to see that each traveler has paid the fee before they issue a boarding pass or allow the traveler to board the aircraft. They do not always do that, especially if you have to change planes in a foreign country. Caveat Emptor.

The Argentine government calls it a reciprocity fee for legal semantic reasons. For all intents and purposes, and especially since they can send you back, it is the same as a Visa. If you do not have a printer at your ready disposal, the fee can be just as problematic as a Visa. They do not want to say that a Visa is required to travel to Argentina. The Argentine government puts the onus, and expense, on the carriers since they force them to return carry any passenger who has not paid the fee before traveling to Argentina.

Tres3.
    Is the page in our passport indicating we paid back in 2010 still valid or do we have to do it again?

Fee to Enter Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman  [View Original Post]
    Again, it is not a visa. It is a reciprocity fee.

Before I left for BA last week, I got an e-mail and a phone call from United reminded me about having to pay the reciprocity fee online ahead of time. During online check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass. My passport was checked by the check-in agent and again at the boarding gate for proof of paid reciprocity fee. Tequila Tim told me he went through the similar thing with his flight on American Airline.

It appeared the author of the article flew on Aero Mexico. And he saw four other passengers from a Delta flight were caught by surprise too.
    Until January 1 of this year you paid the "reciprocity fee" when you arrived in Argentina and the Argentine official at the airport put a stamp page in your passport. The page is good for 10 years from the date on the page. AFTER January 1, the Argentine government changed the rules and now a traveler from the USA, or one of the other affected countries, must pay the "reciprocity fee" online with a credit card, and print a receipt with a bar code showing the the fee was paid. This receipt is also good for 10 years, and the Argentine government is SUPPOSED to keep an electronic copy of the receipt in case it is lost, stolen, or your passport expires before the 10 years is up. The fee is good for multiple entries. I recommend that a traveler print a second copy and put it in a safe place. Ten years is a long time and a lot can happen. If your passport expires before the "reciprocity fee" it is a good idea to short circuit the Argentine bureaucracy by traveling to Argentina with BOTH the old and new passports.

The carriers' gate agents are supposed to have instructions to check to see that each traveler has paid the fee before they issue a boarding pass or allow the traveler to board the aircraft. They do not always do that, especially if you have to change planes in a foreign country. Caveat Emptor.

The Argentine government calls it a reciprocity fee for legal semantic reasons. For all intents and purposes, and especially since they can send you back, it is the same as a Visa. If you do not have a printer at your ready disposal, the fee can be just as problematic as a Visa. They do not want to say that a Visa is required to travel to Argentina. The Argentine government puts the onus, and expense, on the carriers since they force them to return carry any passenger who has not paid the fee before traveling to Argentina.

Tres3.

Posting Limitations