Thread: Reciprocity visa fee, must pay online

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Damman
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    A sorry tale about being refused entry for not having purchased visa (sorry, it's in spanish but bottom line is if you're American, Canadian or Aussie, make sure you buy your visa in country of departure) I know it's been discussed here before but it's worth reminding people.

http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dur...-buenos-aires/
    Again, it is not a visa. It is a reciprocity fee.

Before I left for BA last week, I got an e-mail and a phone call from United reminded me about having to pay the reciprocity fee online ahead of time. During online check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass. My passport was checked by the check-in agent and again at the boarding gate for proof of paid reciprocity fee. Tequila Tim told me he went through the similar thing with his flight on American Airline.

It appeared the author of the article flew on Aero Mexico. And he saw four other passengers from a Delta flight were caught by surprise too.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    When did this change? I got mine in 2010 on arrival. At that time there was a line for those to be ripped off.

Don B.
    In the last few months.

Visa

Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    A sorry tale about being refused entry for not having purchased visa (sorry, it's in spanish but bottom line is if you're American, Canadian or Aussie, make sure you buy your visa in country of departure) I know it's been discussed here before but it's worth reminding people.

When did this change? I got mine in 2010 on arrival. At that time there was a line for those to be ripped off.

Don B.

Visa

Reciprocity fee is not just for AEP and EZE anymore

Quote from Argentina Embassy in US: As of January 7, 2013, the reciprocity fee will be extended to all border crossings of Argentina: maritime, fluvial, terrestrial and aerial.

Here is the annoncement: http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...ction/news.htm#entry

Reciprocity Fee / Official Statement

Here is the official statement.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    &$#$ Thanks M2041, I had received an email from expedia that it started on 1 Oct.
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2041  [View Original Post]
    This is not effective until the end of the month. FYI, I entered through Mendoza last week, and still did not have to pay the fee, nor show evidence that it had previously been paid.
    &$#$ Thanks M2041, I had received an email from expedia that it started on 1 Oct.

I arrived Ezeiza two weeks ago with my 2 year old visa. No problem with existing visas.

Bf.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2041  [View Original Post]
    This is not effective until the end of the month. FYI, I entered through Mendoza last week, and still did not have to pay the fee, nor show evidence that it had previously been paid.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Has anyone had to deal with this yet? If you already had the visa was it still good?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Go  [View Original Post]
    Should not effect anyone that already has one. It went to $160 because the US visa went to $160.

The new system will make it much easier to implement at every port of entry into Argentina.
    Has anyone had to deal with this yet? If you already had the visa was it still good?

US Embassy in Argentina posted a message here on 18 September. 2012:

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/warden_messages.html

NEW RECIPROCITY FEE FOR USA TOURIST OR BUSINESS VISITORS.

Effective October 31, 2012 (Aeroparque) and December 28, 2012 (Ezeiza)

The National Immigration Agency (Direccióand Nacional de Migraciones) has added a new form of payment of the reciprocity rate (visitor visa – rate for Americans of USD$160) , through the Provincia Payment System. Until now, this fee was paid upon arrival at the airport (either Aeroparque or Ezeiza). Effective October 31, 2012 for arrivals to Aeroparque and effective December 28, 2012 for arrivals to Ezeiza International airport, all USA tourist or business visitors must pay the reciprocity rates (USD$160 for Americans) with their credit card through the on-line system. After these dates, cash payments will NOT be accepted at the airports.

How to pay the reciprocity fee on-line:

1) Enter the web site www.migraciones.gov.ar Or www.provinciapagos.com.ar Of Provincia Pagos and register to start the process.

2) Complete the form with the corresponding personal and credit card information.

3) Print the payment receipt.

4) On arrival in Argentina, this printed receipt must be presented at Immigration Control. The receipt will be scanned by the Immigration officials, the information will be checked, and the traveler's entry to the country registered.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sportsman For This Post:

Should not effect anyone that already has one. It went to $160 because the US visa went to $160.

The new system will make it much easier to implement at every port of entry into Argentina.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Easy Go For This Post:

Please don't tell me I have to pony up another $160. 00? Visa thing good for 10 years. Its always somerhing.

Quote Originally Posted by Damman  [View Original Post]
    So, either somebody is doing a little skimming off the top, and / or the powers that be want that money deposited in a place where they can access it more easily.

Reciprocity visa fee, must pay online

Seen this posted on another site.

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/...city-fee-visa/

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damman For This Post:

Posting Limitations