Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire  [View Original Post]
    I've seen in many cities (Bariloche, Bahia Blanca, Mar Del Plata, Cordoba) there are people who will claim ownership of all of the parking spots on a given block. If you want to park on that block, you have to give them money. They will protect vacant parking spaces with cones and buckets. The trapitos supposedly protect your car and may wash your windshield or the like for an additional tip. It is ridiculous that cities allow individuals to claim public property as their own and allow people to get shaked down like this.
    Its not just like that in argentina, its also like that in thailand, so much so, that entire tent-shops are setup on the publicly funded sidewalks, making it dangerous for pedestrians who have to walk on the gutter-tiles and/or the street alongside moving cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    This happens in a lot of latin american countries. But here, the problem is in Argie land that the bums have more rights then you do. And if the "bum" is under 17 years old they can do anything, and I do mean anything they want because they cant be prosecuted. Hence the feeling of " No pasa nada" exists. So people are wary of "offending" the bums, because they might turn around and attck them. A sixteen year old can commit a murder and at the most will spend a hour or two in the station house while they ask him a few questions. Then he goes free. Mean while his parents and neigbhors are outside the station house protesting that the police are brutalising their only perfect angel of a son who walkson water and can do no wrong! Then the same people hold a protest and complain about all the crime............... Go figure.
    Sounds like the bums in Bs As are getting almost as bad as the bums in San Fran...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Argentinean Football Players

Somehow I don't think that multi-millionaire Argentinean football players are going to have any problems scoring with Russian women with or without advice from management. I think if I could do it they can do it although I have never been to Russia. All my experience is based on what occurred in Berlin. https://www.theguardian.com/football...2018-world-cup.

Something to think about

I've seen in many cities (Bariloche, Bahia Blanca, Mar Del Plata, Cordoba) there are people who will claim ownership of all of the parking spots on a given block. If you want to park on that block, you have to give them money. They will protect vacant parking spaces with cones and buckets. The trapitos supposedly protect your car and may wash your windshield or the like for an additional tip. It is ridiculous that cities allow individuals to claim public property as their own and allow people to get shaked down like this.
    If you think about who would be responsible for making sure it doesn't happen and then what might the people who are involved in the business do in order to make sure that nothing stopped it you might have your answer.

Additionally it's not people who claim those spots, it's way way way more organized than that.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Car Protection

Reminds me of a story i once heard...

I young kid comes up to the owner of a nice car which he had just parked.....

Mister if you want for $USD 5 I will look after your car....?

No necessary young man I have a Rottweiler in the back seat ...

The kid replys.."He knows how to put fires out does he ???".

W.T.F...Just pay the $USD 5.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sly One For This Post:

Welcome

Welcome to BA. The people who allow the shakedown most likely get a cut of the money.

Tres3.

Trapitos

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vampire For This Post:

This happens in a lot of latin american countries. But here, the problem is in Argie land that the bums have more rights then you do. And if the "bum" is under 17 years old they can do anything, and I do mean anything they want because they cant be prosecuted. Hence the feeling of " No pasa nada" exists. So people are wary of "offending" the bums, because they might turn around and attck them. A sixteen year old can commit a murder and at the most will spend a hour or two in the station house while they ask him a few questions. Then he goes free. Mean while his parents and neigbhors are outside the station house protesting that the police are brutalising their only perfect angel of a son who walkson water and can do no wrong! Then the same people hold a protest and complain about all the crime............... Go figure.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

I would suggest that, instead of saying 'lo siento,' go with 'Largate!'

I am sitting outside at a restaurant in Recoleta eating a late lunch, and a disgusting, smelly homeless guy goes walking up to to every table begging for money. When you tell him "lo siento", he just stares with his hand out. It was like he was not going to take no for an answer. It totally ruined the dining experience for me. Why do the staff allow this?

Later at night, I'm at McDonald's just sitting down to eat when some street kid walks inside and asks if he can have my Coke. I tell him "no" five times. It is like these people think if they are persistent, they will get their way. He asked a few other tables who refused, then started screaming all kind of bullshit inside, until the staff gave him a water and told him to get out.

So yeah, Argentina is the only place where I get harassed by bums while I am dining. Bon appetit!

Quote Originally Posted by Creideiki  [View Original Post]
    http://matadornetwork.com/es/15-dife...uno-argentino/

Portenos, I'd be interested in your opinions on it. It's good castellano practice for me in the meantime!

Creideiki
    They missed one out:

Un amigo normal es un amigo. Un amigo argentino le apuņalar por la espalda en un segundo.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

15 diferancias entre un amigo normal y uno argentino

http://matadornetwork.com/es/15-dife...uno-argentino/

Portenos, I'd be interested in your opinions on it. It's good castellano practice for me in the meantime!

Creideiki

Unreal Verbal Scene in Resto: Desnivel on Defensa

So the place is always packed on Sunday.

Tourist trap for the most part.

We order an Entire Lomo. (Filet Mignon).

The waiter exclaimed that it was for 6 people.

$600.00 peso steak.

5 could eat well.

We were 2 .

I specifically stated that I wanted that Piece of Cow Mooing.

Blu.

That a qualified Vet could get it back on it's feet.

A lot of blood.

I said that we could always send it back to the grill if it needed more cooking time.

Took a long time. Getting worried.

He brought me the largest Filet I have ever seen.

That's a bad sign because it tells you that it was not a young calf or veal but an older animal.

Cooked like shoe leather. Argie style.

I asked him if he thought that it was overcooked; like shoe leather, the way that Locals love to eat their meat.

He said it was NOT his fault because He did not cook it.

Customer next to me told me to send it back but I did not because I'm a nicer guy these days and I wasn't paying 600 p for the damn thing.

Find some bloody parts and continue my lunch and suddenly a waiter hands me a poorly written note in broken English telling me that If I don't like the way Argies cook their meat that I should go to "Subway" or eat "Grits!

And go back home!

No More Mr. Nice Guy!

The table that sent the note was a family of 4 with 2 children that spoke a little English.

At that moment I had the largest pepper mill sitting on my table and I proceeded to call them everything in both books!

"I'm going to shove this pepper mill up your ass! How could you butt in to my conversation? At least learn how to spell!

The weasel husband got up and told me that that was his wife so I said that it was not my fault that he married a Puta de Mierda!

Called him Pussy Whipped.

Now the owner and a cop are at my table so I keep bitching so they will throw me out.

No such luck.

15 minutes later the owner comes to my table with the note in question.

Apologizes and offers me a Lemoncello!

I don't drink so I accepted a water.

I was shaking with a knife in my hand.

Customer next to me said that I had picked the worst waiter!

Place was packed!

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    To the guy who sent me the threatening PM that there is a group of Argie men "watching" me because of what I say on this forum.

Lick my balls you fucking coward. I'm not hard to find.
    Invite them to AP house for a man to man chat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    To the guy who sent me the threatening PM that there is a group of Argie men "watching" me because of what I say on this forum.

Lick my balls you fucking coward. I'm not hard to find.
    LOL! Just tell them you don't swing that way! .

Posting Limitations