Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz

PM Threats

To the guy who sent me the threatening PM that there is a group of Argie men "watching" me because of what I say on this forum.

Lick my balls you fucking coward. I'm not hard to find.

Initial official reports stated that the apartment was securely locked from the inside. Now information is coming out that there was a service entrance easily opened by a locksmith at the scene.

Also, there was a third small entrance to the apartment from the apartment next door. That apartment was rented by a foreigner, the articles I saw stated that it was not an Iranian. I wonder why they made that clarification.

Well, if the foreigner wasn't an Iranian, I'm thinking it was a monger. So fess up boys, who was getting busy and never even heard the gun shot next door.

I looked

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    The autopsy reports says there are no gunpowder traces on his hands but they say it does not rule out suicide. I would say that proves it was not suicide! But that is not convenient conclusion for the current powers that be!
    Apparently it's not uncommon for their to be no residue with 22 caliber ammunition. I am not a forensic expert nor do I play one on TV but you can confirm this with a Google search.

The autopsy reports says there are no gunpowder traces on his hands but they say it does not rule out suicide. I would say that proves it was not suicide! But that is not convenient conclusion for the current powers that be!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Cui Bono??

It will be ruled as a suicide because that's what Cristina wants!

The bombing

I was in Bs As the day of the bombing. There were so many sirens going on that it sounded like one siren going continuously. It was not until about 10:00 PM that there you could hear any individual sirens.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Don B For This Post:

A very convienient suicide

Why did you guys not tell me?

When asked by the girls about my job I always say "Soy economista. " Little did I know that economists are more popular than rock stars in Argentina. I should have been dating actresses and models.

http://www.economist.com/news/financ...8af4f7a640fd8a

While porteņos are the highest on the arrogance spectrum, I also saw more arrogance from southern argentineans than northern ones. My favorite argentinos are salteņos and formoseņos. I do believe at least part of Formosa province was paraguayan before the war of the Triple Alliance. Maybe that's why!

I would agree in priciple

Quote Originally Posted by EngMrP  [View Original Post]
    You lived in Corrientes for 7 months. Ive been living here my whole life and travelled around our country a lot. And I can assure you porteos are far more arrogants than any other people in Argentina. Even in latin america. And I dont say it because I hate them, Im a porteo myself!
    Portenos are on average more arrogant than campesinos, even my friends. I was referring to the difference in what we (Yankees) and the average Argentine would consider fair. My landlord in Corrientes charged me twice as much rent as the Argentinos living in the building. Remiseros were much more likely to try and overcharge, Xoom tried to give me under the posted rate on transfers the first time until I told them to cancel the transaction, poker players colluded against extranjeros, the list is sort of endless. Again, I'm not saying this is wrong or bad, it's simply a difference in culture and it's pervasive in not just Argentina, but in all Latin America. I often think most Argentines would rather profit 50 dollars thinking they had taken advantage, than to profit 100 thinking that both sides had gotten a fair deal. And they would much rather profit nothing than have to wonder if perhaps in some small way somebody had gotten an advantage over them.

About porteņos

I know that this thread could be insulting, I started it and I specifically called it "weird Argie things" and not "bad Argie things" because for me it's stuff that is sooooooo odd to me. I'm one of those that stay because I really love living here.

I think when we say thieves at heart what we really mean is how some things that to an Argentine are just normal seem like thievery to those of us from the States.

I lived in Corrientes for 7 months, I don't agree that Portenos are better or worse, not even more or less arrogant lol. People are just people and the customs here are just very, very different from the States.
    You lived in Corrientes for 7 months. I´ve been living here my whole life and travelled around our country a lot. And I can assure you porteņos are far more arrogants than any other people in Argentina. Even in latin america. And I dont say it because I hate them, Im a porteņo myself!

Glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by EngMrP  [View Original Post]
    Hi guys!

As argentinean I laughed my ass out with your comments. I read the whole 5 pages!

I always wondered what foreign people think about us, about our culture. And as argentinean Im absolutly aware of our problems. Believe me, I agree with you all when you say buying in a supermarket could turn into a never ending story.

But I know we have great things too. Probably most of you stay here because of them.

The only thing I disagree is about thieves. Some of you said its in our genes, which is clearly not and is an insult for all of us. And remember: Argentina is a very big country and most of you are taking the picture just from Buenos Aires. Porteos dont represent every argentinean.

Finally, about those cheap napkins: those are offered only when you eat in the front bars where you eat in standing position, and not in the tables. In the bars, most people eat without fork and knife and just with their hands. So a soft napking wouldnt be helpfull for holding a hot greasy slice of pizza. Thats the reason.

Sorry for my english.
    I know that this thread could be insulting, I started it and I specifically called it "weird Argie things" and not "bad Argie things" because for me it's stuff that is sooooooo odd to me. I'm one of those that stay because I really love living here.

I think when we say thieves at heart what we really mean is how some things that to an Argentine are just normal seem like thievery to those of us from the States.

I lived in Corrientes for 7 months, I don't agree that Portenos are better or worse, not even more or less arrogant lol. People are just people and the customs here are just very, very different from the States.

Posting Limitations