Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz

Fragata Sarmiento is Almost Dry. Docked

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    Read here about the Fragata Libertad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragata_Libertad
    Fragata Sarmiento is almost dry-docked in Puerto Madero, it's a museum and it is NOT sea worthy!

I have been in it's bowels, a revolting stench of oil and saltwater or a bad hangover; unable to sail, not sea worthy!

It is a museum in Puerto Madero.

Libertad is a different ship!

TL.

Maybe they should scuttle the turd instead of giving it to the Africans!

TL.

GO TEXANS!

Read here about the Fragata Libertad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragata_Libertad

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleWrangler  [View Original Post]
    Fragata Sarmiento it's a symbolic ship for Argentina. It's some times seen at Puerto Madero.

I've been there by the way (as a visitor)

A private investor made possible to kidnap the ship in Ghana (African Country) in the midst of the Fragata Sarmiento world trip, so they can not leave the port.

Did spelling checker changed FUND to found?

I think it's important for you friends as a fact to understanding how a real third world country is, Argentina do not have the power to recover the ship.

The ship itself has little value, but represents a symbol of sovereign and national emblem as quoted from wikipedia he ship was originally built for the Argentine naval academy. The ARA Presidente Sarmiento made thirty seven annual training cruises including six circumnavigations of the globe. The ship was retired as a seagoing vessel in 1938, but continued to serve as a stationary training ship until 1961. She is now maintained in her original 1898 appearance as a museum ship near the center of Buenos Aires. This ship was named for Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, the seventh President of Argentina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragata_Sarmiento

It does not really matters if the claims are legit, moral or not. A 1st world country would recover the ship at any price. It's a matter of national pride.

Weird Argie things includes things like these: chauvinism in one hand, but, demonstrating they do not have a real power to lead with a private investors group.

I don't know the real value of the Fragata Sarmiento, but I can tell it's little compared with the debt the FUND are claiming.
    The ship being held in Ghana is the Libertad, not the Sarmiento.

Fred

Fragata Sarmiento it's a symbolic ship for Argentina. It's some times seen at Puerto Madero.

I've been there by the way (as a visitor)

A private investor made possible to kidnap the ship in Ghana (African Country) in the midst of the Fragata Sarmiento world trip, so they can not leave the port.

Did spelling checker changed FUND to found?

I think it's important for you friends as a fact to understanding how a real third world country is, Argentina do not have the power to recover the ship.

The ship itself has little value, but represents a symbol of sovereign and national emblem as quoted from wikipedia he ship was originally built for the Argentine naval academy. The ARA Presidente Sarmiento made thirty seven annual training cruises including six circumnavigations of the globe. The ship was retired as a seagoing vessel in 1938, but continued to serve as a stationary training ship until 1961. She is now maintained in her original 1898 appearance as a museum ship near the center of Buenos Aires. This ship was named for Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, the seventh President of Argentina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragata_Sarmiento

It does not really matters if the claims are legit, moral or not. A 1st world country would recover the ship at any price. It's a matter of national pride.

Weird Argie things includes things like these: chauvinism in one hand, but, demonstrating they do not have a real power to lead with a private investors group.

I don't know the real value of the Fragata Sarmiento, but I can tell it's little compared with the debt the FUND are claiming.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpleWrangler For This Post:

This is weird.

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Ghana...787121413.html

Argentina denies a legitimate payment to a private investor.

They call the investor Vulture Capitalist found. Anyway, a venture capitalist is anyone who invests in floundering firms in the hopes that they will turn around. It's not illegal.

However, the whole thing including the ship it's both weird and funny.
    What you are in fact referring to are VULTURE FUNDS, which are essentially hedge funds that buy up defaulted debt for pennies on the dollar and then attempt to collect on the entire face value of the debt using the legal jurisdiction under which the debt was issued.

This is weird.

[url]

Anyway, a venture capitalist is anyone who invests in floundering firms in the hopes that they will turn around. It's not illegal.
    You're thinking of private equity firms, like Baine or Cerberus Capital. Equity firms, or very wealthy single individuals acting as an equity partner, usually invest in underachieving, floundering, or completely ok but assumed to have strong potential companies. Both private or public.

Venture capitalists by definition invest capital only in pre-IPO, private companies, usually startups in idea, angel, or first to later rounds of investment. It can be floundering but usually it is a startup that has cash flow needs and and an as yet to be proven business model vs a mature but in distress company

This is weird

This is weird http://www.clarin.com/politica/Ghana...787121413.html

Argentina denies a legitimate payment to a private investor.

They call the investor Vulture Capitalist found. Anyway, a venture capitalist is anyone who invests in floundering firms in the hopes that they will turn around. It's not illegal.

However, the whole thing including the ship it's both weird and funny.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Is that another weird Argie thing? That they'd rather go through the motions to make you think they are trying rather than just say we're cut off, can't recharge soon as you walk up and ask?
    Often times, it is easier to demonstrate the effort and feign ignorance than it is to try to explain it to someone.

Chalk that up as weird Argie thing #2 about recharging call phones at small kioscos then. If they have to prepay, you'd think they'd know that and when their ability to recharge cuts out just tell people they can't recharge. What I get as the weird xp is the kiosco person, in my case a very nice lady who owns the place, tried and kept trying like 4-5 times

Is that another weird Argie thing? That they'd rather go through the motions to make you think they are trying rather than just say we're cut off, can't recharge soon as you walk up and ask?
    If you care to do it, the kiosks also sell cards you can use that can recharge your prepaid cell as an alternative to carga virtual. Relatively simple.

Fred

Chalk that up as weird Argie thing #2 about recharging call phones at small kioscos then. If they have to prepay, you'd think they'd know that and when their ability to recharge cuts out just tell people they can't recharge. What I get as the weird xp is the kiosco person, in my case a very nice lady who owns the place, tried and kept trying like 4-5 times

I am sure its possible that at times "No hay sistema" I know my internet (and phone, and electric) cut in and out all the time. But then they will NEVER tell you that its their fault they cant recharge your phone!

Straws?

What's withe the fucking drinking / snorting straws?

Is it a law?

Busineses will not sell you a drink without a straw!

My mother always told me NOT to drink out of a can because a #$$% may have touched it but that's like an old wive's tale.

What's with the straws?

TL

This have no problem seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Most kioscos have to prepay themselves. So when they have used up all of their credit they have to "recharge" before they recharge you!

Kinda weird and kind of expected. The overall consistent but random outages from your local kiosco of being unable to process cell credit recharging.

Only place I've ever found never had their system down is this large kiosco / photocopy / rapipago place in recoleta on Quintana next to cambio currency place.

Other than that, at small kioscos it seems a given that you'll walk up one day and be fine, next day unable to recharge
    Most kioscos have to prepay themselves. So when they have used up all of their credit they have to "recharge" before they recharge you!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Prepago cellular recharging credits

Kinda weird and kind of expected. The overall consistent but random outages from your local kiosco of being unable to process cell credit recharging.

Only place I've ever found never had their system down is this large kiosco / photocopy / rapipago place in recoleta on Quintana next to cambio currency place.

Other than that, at small kioscos it seems a given that you'll walk up one day and be fine, next day unable to recharge

Posting Limitations