Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    With Sube card they can see on and off only not where I go after I got off whatever horse I was riding. For paranoiacs such as yourself you could just get off a stop early and then use monedas for the trip back. That would fuck with the mind police.
    Or you and I could swap cards every so often to throw them off the trail. But on and off is still too much info for me. Fuck them. It is easy enough to maintain monedas if you consistently and doggedly deny having them just like the stores do. I did get very sick of the charade, though. That line in Retiro to get monedas is a good example of a "weird Argie thing."

Like suppose Roxana's husband decides I am fucking his wife and he bribes an official and finds out what time I get off the train in Villa Rosa, then takes the day off work so he can catch me. I could come up with lots more scenarios but I am not comfortable in general with the (ever-increasing) degree of technology's ability to spy on us so no smart phone, face book, SUBE card, etc. For this particular private citizen.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    With the SUBE card the government tracks all your movements. No mother fucking way in god damn hell would I use it, even if I had to steal monedas from the cartoneros. BTW any cartonero will be happy to give you 1, 75 of coins for a 2 peso note. The cards for the subte are fine because they aren't linked to a name.
    With Sube card they can see on and off only not where I go after I got off whatever horse I was riding. For paranoiacs such as yourself you could just get off a stop early and then use monedas for the trip back. That would fuck with the mind police.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

With the SUBE card the government tracks all your movements. No mother fucking way in god damn hell would I use it, even if I had to steal monedas from the cartoneros. BTW any cartonero will be happy to give you 1, 75 of coins for a 2 peso note. The cards for the subte are fine because they aren't linked to a name.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    I don't use the subte card because that is how I usually get the $1 peso coins LOL! It sucks that the washer and dryer in my building only accept $1 peso or 25 centavo coins! That is the BIG reason I need coins!
    Not subte card my brother, SUBE card, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUBE_card It's good on colectivos, trans, and subte. With it I can save most of my monedas for stuff that I need.

No shit! It's better now that people use Sube cards (I also don't need as much change because I use one as well) but I do put this right at the top of weird Argie things.
    I don't use the subte card because that is how I usually get the $1 peso coins LOL! It sucks that the washer and dryer in my building only accept $1 peso or 25 centavo coins! That is the BIG reason I need coins!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    I can't believe how it is near to impossible to get a roll of 1 peso coins from a freakin bank!"no tengo monedas no tengo monedas". I'm thinking "are you freaking kidding me? You don't have coins in a bank?"
    No shit! It's better now that people use Sube cards (I also don't need as much change because I use one as well) but I do put this right at the top of weird Argie things.

I can't believe how it is near to impossible to get a roll of 1 peso coins from a freakin bank!"no tengo monedas no tengo monedas". I'm thinking "are you freaking kidding me? You don't have coins in a bank?"

Spark Plugs for C6 Exclusive 3. 0 V6 Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer  [View Original Post]
    Hi Fred-

I checked out your spark plugs on EBAY. Their are many sellers. Price is 46 British Pounds (approx $75 USD). They ship to anywhere in Europe, Canada, Asia or Australia. You don't need to limit yourself to European mongers. There are many Canadians on this board. Ask Sunseeker who else is coming down. I'm coming from NY City late November). If you are stuck and any Canadian can UPS them to me in the states, I will be glad to bring them. You can PM me for my address. I just cannot buy them for you in the USA.

He

Mountaineer.
    Thanks so much for the offer, the same plugs are available in the USA (they are used in some Nissans thank heavans) , I know some flight crew that can bring them down for me. If I need help, I'll let you know. Going to go with NGK Iridiums. (Top of the line) about 12us each.

Also, appreciate all who have PM'ed with with offers to help, what a great group of folks!

All the best.

Fred

They have the concepts of 'zafar' and 'fiaca' down to a fine science. 'Me agarró fiaca' is one phrase I hope to never hear again in my life.

I dunno. They tip the 'volunteer' porters on the intercity buses. I would say 75% give something. It's not like Méxicans are lavish tippers or anything either. BTW here in the US the self checkout is the only way to go. That'll never happen in Argentina because of trust issues and unions.
    I don't mind bagging my own stuff at autoservicio. My objection here is that they work sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking slow to begin with then want me to bag my own shit.

I dunno. They tip the 'volunteer' porters on the intercity buses. I would say 75% give something. It's not like Méxicans are lavish tippers or anything either. BTW here in the US the self checkout is the only way to go. That'll never happen in Argentina because of trust issues and unions.

Won't Work Here!

When I was living in México in 2003, in the state of Jalisco at least, the deal was that boys (only) between 12 and 14 work as baggers for tips only. They have to maintain good grades to do this. For those who don't know, public education stops at age 14 in México (or at least in Jaliso). Fucken Argie kids are much too lazy to do anything like that.
    That would be nice but it won't work here!

Argies don't tip!

TL

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

When I was living in México in 2003, in the state of Jalisco at least, the deal was that boys (only) between 12 and 14 work as baggers for tips only. They have to maintain good grades to do this. For those who don't know, public education stops at age 14 in México (or at least in Jaliso). Fucken Argie kids are much too lazy to do anything like that.

Sure, but

It does not make sense because the fuller a refrigerator is, the LESS energy it consumes (up to a point; eventually you block air circulation). I would think a super chef would know that little detail. What annoyed (past tense) me the most about that particular little trampa is that hardly any of those chinos kept their coolers turned up high enough to even really make the beer cold. And then there is the sour draft beer everywhere. I gave up on drinking draft beer except at Bueller's.
    The Asian Markets are known to turn off their refrigerators at night to save energy unfortunately the food suffers a loss of temperature and that can make you super sick.

The government has installed detectors in certain markets that detect temp changes and the inspectors will confiscate and destroy all of the food involved.

But still, there thinking is that the. 25 centavos per drink surcharge helps pay the electric bill.

TL

P. S. Have you ever been to Jumbo and seen every single check-out lane backed up twenty deep? And they have about 30 lanes!

Add a few sackers!

At the Carre Fucking Four they just hand you a bag. Here asshole, bag your own fucking groceries. I just stand there and wait them out. I flat fucking refuse to do it.
    And then there are the times you tell them you don't want / need a bag and they look at you sideways doghead and give you two of them anyway. Comodoro Rivadavia banned bags several years back but these fucking porteños are in love with them. Chicas were always asking me for shopping bags.

Posting Limitations