Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Asian Mini Markets charging. 25 centavos per drink if it is cold or refrigerated.

Hot Beer $8. 00 pesos.

Cold Beer $8. 25 pesos.

"Frio" Charge.

It makes sense and cents but I've never seen that before in my life.

TL.
    It does not make sense because the fuller a refrigerator is, the LESS energy it consumes (up to a point; eventually you block air circulation). I would think a super chef would know that little detail. What annoyed (past tense) me the most about that particular little trampa is that hardly any of those chinos kept their coolers turned up high enough to even really make the beer cold. And then there is the sour draft beer everywhere. I gave up on drinking draft beer except at Bueller's.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Also, and this goes for ALL of the Supermarkets that I have ever been in :

NO FUCKING SACKERS!

Creating huge lines of people wanting to pay and get the fuck out of there!

The cashier bags your groceries after she rings them up!

Cheap motherfuckers!
    At the Carre Fucking Four they just hand you a bag. Here asshole, bag your own fucking groceries. I just stand there and wait them out. I flat fucking refuse to do it.

Asian Mini Markets

Asian Mini Markets charging. 25 centavos per drink if it is cold or refrigerated.

Hot Beer $8. 00 pesos.

Cold Beer $8. 25 pesos.

"Frio" Charge.

It makes sense and cents but I've never seen that before in my life.

Also, and this goes for ALL of the Supermarkets that I have ever been in :

NO FUCKING SACKERS!

Creating huge lines of people wanting to pay and get the fuck out of there!

The cashier bags your groceries after she rings them up!

Cheap motherfuckers!

Even Disco, Jumbo, Carrefour.

It's easier to go to the smaller Asian markets.

TL.

P. S. Go Texans and Cardinals!

Platinum Spark Plugs for Citroen C6

Hi Fred-

I checked out your spark plugs on EBAY. Their are many sellers. Price is 46 British Pounds (approx $75 USD). They ship to anywhere in Europe, Canada, Asia or Australia. You don't need to limit yourself to European mongers. There are many Canadians on this board. Ask Sunseeker who else is coming down. I'm coming from NY City late November). If you are stuck and any Canadian can UPS them to me in the states, I will be glad to bring them. You can PM me for my address. I just cannot buy them for you in the USA.

Mountaineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Dang, I am at the shop now for 50KM maintenence for my Citroen C6 Exclusive, and my mechanic tells me he can't get the correct spark plugs, due to import restrictions for my imported French Executive Car! (There is no locally made substitute)

Looks like I'll have to ask a European client coming in to bring the plugs, or go locally to a company I know but pay through the nose.

These import restrictions are so crazy, especially when the restricted item is not available locally.

Fred

Can't get spark plugs for C6!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    I didn't even know you were Jewish.
    Dang, I am at the shop now for 50KM maintenence for my Citroen C6 Exclusive, and my mechanic tells me he can't get the correct spark plugs, due to import restrictions for my imported French Executive Car! (There is no locally made substitute)

Looks like I'll have to ask a European client coming in to bring the plugs, or go locally to a company I know but pay through the nose.

These import restrictions are so crazy, especially when the restricted item is not available locally.

Fred

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver Star For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    I have been forced to be more gentile
    I didn't even know you were Jewish.

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Morgando69  [View Original Post]
    True, they won't fight, but they will call the police and a lawyer. A mate of mine got into a silly scuffle during a friendly football match, pushed his opposite number to the ground and found himself arrested at the end of the game because the victim had called the police rather than just take it on the chin.
    They have been watching too much tv, from the USA.

When I was a kid, growing up (some will say that never happened) , when you and your opponent reached the futbol (soccer ball) at the same time it meant:

1) you yield and politely let him have the ball,

2) you sort of try to stick your foot or ass in his direction, hoping to gain possession, or.

3) you nuke anything within 5 yards and if you got called, so what, the ref is a f*ing moron.

That said, as I have matured (all things are relative) , I have been forced to be more gentile, given that my

True, they won't fight, but they will call the police and a lawyer. A mate of mine got into a silly scuffle during a friendly football match, pushed his opposite number to the ground and found himself arrested at the end of the game because the victim had called the police rather than just take it on the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    They are all talk and will not fight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgando69 For This Post:

I am missing four pairs of underwear from last trip. Chicas? LOL

I once pulled an Argie up out of his chair by his fucking hair and he still wouldn't fight. But the weirdest and possibly most Argie thing that ever happened to me was this. I went to the gym and unusually I had to go somewhere right after. So, I was on the subte with my backpack with my gym clothes in it. In one of the smaller zippered pockets I had my lock. As usual I was wary of pickpockets while on the subte. When I got home the lock was gone and had been replaced with a little plastic figurine of a guy in a black and white striped jail outfit. The only other thing I ever had stolen was when Capt Dave's nutjob ho of a "girlfriend" stole my cheap wristwatch because it was shiny.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Probably not genetic, but definitely cultural. The refusal to accept responsibility and "the end justifies the means" are basic tenets of life here!
    Ok I don't actually for reals think it's genetic. I was still steaming over the issue when I started the thread.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Cultural

In either Italy and Spain they behave differently and that's probably because they have law enforcement and laws to protect pedestrians.

I would say it's not genetic since even the monkeys when well educated are capable to follow a couple of rules and behave as persons while driving.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpleWrangler For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    the inability of most Argentinos to accept responsibility for anything. I think it's genetic.
    Probably not genetic, but definitely cultural. The refusal to accept responsibility and "the end justifies the means" are basic tenets of life here!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Weird Argie things

I have high hopes for this thread. I really like living here and one of the most amusing, yet frustrating parts, is the inability of most Argentinos to accept responsibility for anything. I think it's genetic.

Anyway today I was standing at the corner in front of a kiosko waiting to cross the street. I was standing behind a parked car when suddenly this guy just started backing up obviously without looking and touched me with his car on my leg. I say touched because he barely hit me, I yelled HEY and he stopped. I figured it was over but the guy got out of his car and started yelling at ME! He started yelling at me for standing in the street, when I wasn't, the fuck backed up into the little handicapped ramp I was standing on.

Thankfully I was dressed in my customary street criminal garb and was holding a cup of coffee, so I yelled back callate boludo, vete! And threw my coffee at him. He got in the car and left. I bought another coffee and it was over.

Hoping to hear funnyish stories here but rants are permitted as well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Posting Limitations