Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz

Lmao

Hi guys!

As argentinean I laughed my ass out with your comments. I read the whole 5 pages!

I always wondered what foreign people think about us, about our culture. And as argentinean Iīm absolutly aware of our problems. Believe me, I agree with you all when you say buying in a supermarket could turn into a never ending story.

But I know we have great things too. Probably most of you stay here because of them.

The only thing I disagree is about thieves. Some of you said itīs in our genes, which is clearly not and is an insult for all of us. And remember: Argentina is a very big country and most of you are taking the picture just from Buenos Aires. Porteņos dont represent every argentinean.

Finally, about those cheap napkins: those are offered only when you eat in the front bars where you eat in standing position, and not in the tables. In the bars, most people eat without fork and knife and just with their hands. So a soft napking wouldnt be helpfull for holding a hot greasy slice of pizza. Thats the reason.

Sorry for my english.

Doesn't really fit into Weird Argie things but I didn't know where else to put it

Just an overall FYI. I think inflation is really starting to hit this market pretty fucking hard. If you keep your eyes on the local forum lots, and lots, AND lots of chicks are offering promos. I think the overall argie mongering budget is shrinking like a cheap shirt in a dryer.

Even Nenita19 has dropped her rate by 30% during certain hours.

A LOT of the privado chicks I bang say they are bored most of the day.

I know some of you guys just can't do it, but I'd be holding a tighter line in the clubs as well. There are tons of newbies at NP and less and less guys that actually have money in their pocket to spend.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Toothpicks Too

I'm in El Cuartito the other day having a slice and the guy standing next to me grabs the toothpicks, they're in like a salt shaker and the guy is trying to unscrew the cap. I'm thinking, why doesn't he just shake one out? He can't loosen it so he grabs another. He's doing this all furtively, looking away from what he's doing. This time he succeeds in getting the cap unscrewed, he takes out about half the toothpicks in the shaker and stuffs them in his pocket!

I mean, I appropriate a few toothpicks for personal use at times, but half a salt shaker's worth?!

Tissue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    Those crappy napkins remind me of the bog roll (toilet paper) we used to have at the boarding school I went to as a kid in the UK. We used to write letters home on them. It was very similar in texture to the stationary that used to be for use in airmail letters in those days.
    I thought that they were free from Quilmes because everybody uses them!

Try them on the toilet!

Just grab a stack of napkins at X every time that you are there and keep them just in case!

Like any place in the world, if you get the shits just run over to Burger King or Mac's!

This place has some awful toilets!

If not paper!

TL.

Those crappy napkins remind me of the bog roll (toilet paper) we used to have at the boarding school I went to as a kid in the UK. We used to write letters home on them. It was very similar in texture to the stationary that used to be for use in airmail letters in those days.

Dna

I think thievery is in the DNA of most every ARGIE. Sometimes they steal just to steal, or keep in practice.

Tres3.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    The Argies steal Light bulbs from the bathrooms in restos!

That's crazy Man!

TL.
    And toilet paper.

Notice how many of the bronze plaques are missing from the monuments.

Also there was a statue of a small boy with his hand out on the north east corner of Esmeralda and Santa Fe that is no longer there.

I would bet it found its way to the scrap heap.

Don B.

They Steal Light Bulbs !

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I had a buddy in Corrientes that had a resto and he used those worthless pieces of shit and I asked him about it. He said if they put out decent napkins his customers steal them all. I know this is true, a lot of the people I know here use McDonalds napkins at home.

He said it's a choice between those useless ones or buying 50 X what his customers would actually use at the resto. It's really not their fault.

It's the same reason Starbucks doesn't have milk by the sugar. People come in with their own cups and make chocolate milk with it using the milk and the cocoa for the coffee.
    The Argies steal Light bulbs from the bathrooms in restos!

That's crazy Man!

TL.

I know why this happens

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire  [View Original Post]
    What is up with the napkins here? They are like wax paper or the tissue paper used to wrap things in gift boxes.
    I had a buddy in Corrientes that had a resto and he used those worthless pieces of shit and I asked him about it. He said if they put out decent napkins his customers steal them all. I know this is true, a lot of the people I know here use McDonalds napkins at home.

He said it's a choice between those useless ones or buying 50 X what his customers would actually use at the resto. It's really not their fault.

It's the same reason Starbucks doesn't have milk by the sugar. People come in with their own cups and make chocolate milk with it using the milk and the cocoa for the coffee.

They Really Piss Me OFF !

What is up with the napkins here? They are like wax paper or the tissue paper used to wrap things in gift boxes.
    Those are not napkins!

They are just there to spread the grease All Over Your Face! They Really piss me off.

Even really popular (tons of income) producing restos use them! Guerrin Pizzza on Corrientes, El Cuartito near the AP House. Maybe Talcahuano. These places each serve over a thousand pieces of pizza and empanadas a day!

Guerrin's beef empanadas are VERY good. Extra large. Been doing it for 82 years.

Down here you need to bring your own napkins and a bottle of hot sauce with you when you go out to eat.

TL.

Just stuff some decent napkins and a bottle of hot sauce in your fanny pack and go eat if it's not a real resto.

They are cheaper then a decent napkin that will absorb something, so they use them even though they are useless. If you want a decent napkin go to a real restaurant like McDonald's! .

On my last visit to Buenos Aires, the only black people (always male) I saw were posted up on 9 de Julio selling belts, ties, jewelry, etc out of suitcases or on blankets. What is the story on these guys? Are they immigrants from Africa?
    The jewelry sellers are mostly from Senegal on some Visa program. There are a lot of black women, mostly in low end boliches from the the. Are. Then there are always a few blacks or "dark skinned" males and females here from Brazil. But yes, there are only a few.

One of the weirdest things for me going from the United States to Latin America is the way people perceive dogs. Some people in United States treat them better than humans. Heck, I have a relative that spends more time doing dog rescue than she spends raising her own children. In Latin America, it seems there are always more strays and ferals running around than actual pets. In Mexico, people kick and abuse the stray dogs for the fun of it. You'd go to jail for that in the US. I hate having to hopscotch down the sidewalks trying to avoid the feces. No matter how vigilant you are, eventually you are going to step in some.

On my last visit to Buenos Aires, the only black people (always male) I saw were posted up on 9 de Julio selling belts, ties, jewelry, etc out of suitcases or on blankets. What is the story on these guys? Are they immigrants from Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    But I thought it was something worth sharing. If these idiots are doing it elsewhere it's just a matter of time before it starts here. Keep your eyes open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u85kXAxYeQ8
    Happened to me 2 years ago at Carlos Calvo and Santiago del Estero. Although the idiot caught me on the back of the head with his knuckles and probably hurt himself more than he hurt me! It's the only time I've ever been the victim of anything violent in my 6 years here and was totally pointless. It wasn't even an attempted robbery, he was just showing off to a couple of girls that he was hanging round with on the corner.

Posting Limitations