Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz
    Half the restaurants in the city are closed for vacation as the owners are sitting in Punta del este or whereever. Few days ago, I went to a Thai restaurant and the owner is sitting in Thailand!

Closed for vacation

First time I have ever seen a store closed for vacation. Saw 2 this morning while wandering around. 1 said closed for vacation. 2-22 January. The other just said closed for vacation.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Yes, thats the Big Mac Index at work. The gobermint has asked (told) McDonalds to keep the price of the Big Mac low so that Argentina looks better on the world index.
    That's also why the Big Mac, McDonald's signature product, is no longer displayed on the menu board or promoted in any way, and why in the past couple of years McDonald's has come out with a slew of new hamburger offerings.

Now that's weird.

The Big Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Price today from EZE airport for a Big Mac Combo = 29 Pesos / Price of same meal supersized was quoted 58 Pesos.

WEIRD!
    Yes, thats the Big Mac Index at work. The gobermint has asked (told) McDonalds to keep the price of the Big Mac low so that Argentina looks better on the world index. But, if you change the order in any way the price goes to what it should be. For example if you wanted to hold the onions, the price would go up also!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Price today from EZE airport for a Big Mac Combo = 29 Pesos / Price of same meal supersized was quoted 58 Pesos.

WEIRD!
    Yes, thats the Big Mac Index at work. The gobermint has asked (told) McDonalds to keep the price of the Big Mac low so that Argentina looks better on the world index. But, if you change the order in any way the price goes to what it should be. For example if you wanted to hold the onions, the price would go up also!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Avoid that shit Fred!

For $58. 00 pesos you can make 5 deluxe REAL AMERICAN Burgers at home, with bacon, cheddar and BBQ Sauce!

The problem is the buns but you can make your own Fuddrucker Buns at home. And you can make yourself a RARE. 1 pound burger with blue cheese or with Brie! Caramalized onions and honey mustard on top of that. Maybe even avocado!

Fuck Mc Donald's!

TL
    That's hard to do at EZE airport, was working.

Avoid That Shit!

WEIRD!
    Avoid that shit Fred!

For $58. 00 pesos you can make 5 deluxe REAL AMERICAN Burgers at home, with bacon, cheddar and BBQ Sauce!

The problem is the buns but you can make your own Fuddrucker Buns at home. And you can make yourself a RARE. 1 pound burger with blue cheese or with Brie! Caramalized onions and honey mustard on top of that. Maybe even avocado!

Fuck Mc Donald's!

TL

Even McDonalds is weird

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    The image of a big husky Canadian driving a truck in one of the Worlds most aggressive or inhospitable geographies isn't exactly one of a delicacy so the comparison is quite funny really.

Not long ago I was reading a review by an European about a certain band and he was complaining how bad the drummer was and he mentioned he was as (I can't remember the exact word but "subtle" comes to mind) as a Canadian lumberjack.

Neither have to do with Canadians per se. They are about those particular professions.

WEIRD!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    I was checking out a different forum and in the bad experiences page this guy wrote "con la delicadeza de un camionero canadiense" (with the delicacy of a Canadian Truck Driver) speaking of rude behavior (or since it's about Canadians behaviour).

Is this just this guy or something you Argentinos say? With one notable exception, the politness of Canadians is something we Yankees make fun of on a regular basis. I can't imagine them setting the standard for being crude in anything.

Please enlighten me sir,

DR
    The image of a big husky Canadian driving a truck in one of the Worlds most aggressive or inhospitable geographies isn't exactly one of a delicacy so the comparison is quite funny really.

Not long ago I was reading a review by an European about a certain band and he was complaining how bad the drummer was and he mentioned he was as (I can't remember the exact word but "subtle" comes to mind) as a Canadian lumberjack.

Neither have to do with Canadians per se. They are about those particular professions.

Ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Ever watch an episode of Ice Road Truckers?
    Yes I have, mucous garcias for clearing that up, makes perfect sense now.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    I was checking out a different forum and in the bad experiences page this guy wrote "con la delicadeza de un camionero canadiense" (with the delicacy of a Canadian Truck Driver) speaking of rude behavior (or since it's about Canadians behaviour).

Is this just this guy or something you Argentinos say? With one notable exception, the politness of Canadians is something we Yankees make fun of on a regular basis. I can't imagine them setting the standard for being crude in anything.

Please enlighten me sir,

DR
    Ever watch an episode of Ice Road Truckers?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Aqualung you have to clear this up

Please enlighten me sir,

DR

I built a house in Iguazú. I went through 5 different builders before I found one who would even follow my instructions.

When I told the first one to double the size of the footings he'd calculated for the steel-armed-concrete-columns he just walked off the job. I eventually found one who I could trust and was willing to do things how I wanted them, but then I had to travel and leave him alone to install the plumbing from the tank down through the roof to the second floor, before the roof was installed. I left him detailed drawings and the exact number of fittings needed to complete the job. I'd designed it so that there was a large-bore supply to the kitchen and bathrooms, reducing the bore only to the actual outlets. Thus avoiding what I'd experienced in every single dwelling I'd ever been in in Iguazú, loss of pressure throughout the house whenever a tap was turned on.

When I got back, the roof was on and there was a bag full of plumbing fittings left over, including all the bore-reduction fittings. He'd completely ignored my instructions and fitted only the small bore pipes from the tank throughout the house. He said he did it to save me money and because "that's how we do it here". It would have required so much work, including removing the roof, to fix it, that I lost all interest in completing the job and eventually sold the property unfinished.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Channeling-

-even without channeling a one-brick-wall will easily fall down,

if you forgot to structure with steel-armed-concrete-columns, bien firme y estable.

B. Th. W. Ramiro: I AM doing construction in Argentina.

But

I was more than 20 years constructing big rental houses in Germany before.

Then I decided to do the job without working much, as it can be done here.

P. D. Usually the best cunstruction-workers are NOT argentines

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spassmusssein For This Post:

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    The hollow red bricks (ladrillo hueco) have been used in the US for years. But not recently. The major difference between here and "there" is in the lack of structural engineering. The lack of decent foundations is a major problem here in BsAs due to the soft soil. Also the lack of building inspections and the attitude of "No problema, no pasa nada!" It is typical here to build a house up to three stories with walls constructed with one brick thickness. Then they channel the brick to add electric and plumbing (making a weak wall weaker) instead of installing as they go. There is also a good brand of cement and a cheaper brand where you need to add another bag or two to each cubic meter of cement to get the same strength. You know if they are buying the cheaper brand they are not adding extra. A house here built by Argentines to US standards cost 2 to 3 times more then in the US. (and you still don't get the same quality) We have just started building houses here using steel framing, you should see the amount of people asking questions and taking pictures! We are not the first but you would think so!
    Channeling after the fact is a JOKE! So are 1 brick thick walls!

Steel framing? Wow!

I have never seen wood framing down here, you can frame a house in the USA in 2 days! Pre-fab.

Amazing!

I do like the REAL stucco though.

TL

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations