Thread: Weird Argie things

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz

Tarjeta Credito

You can also buy those cards and recharge it yourself.

1) scratch off the card to get some numbers.

2) dial *444 on your phone that you'd like to recharge.

3) press 2 (or any number) while they are talking after you have dialed (it just fast fowards)

4) Now this is when the sequence starts, press 2.

5) Then press 1 to recharge with a pre-paid card you just bought.

6)"Por favor." When you hear that, or even if you don't catch it, the sequence is correct (I just checked). Now it's time to enter the numbers from the card. After you do so press #

7) Then it'll say something, give it like 10 seconds, then hang up.

Now you're done and you should be getting a few texts saying what your actual amount is and what your total final amount is (if there is any duplicate or triplicate or other promotions).

To find out how many minutes or money you have remaining.

1) Dial *444.

2) Press 2 (or any number) a second or 2 after you hear something, after you dialed to fast forward.

3) Now the sequence begins, press 1.

4) Listen in on the numbers, you will hear ". Actual es [amount]."

Now if you don't know your numbers in spanish then I can't help, but google some numbers and they should be relatively easy to catch.

Hope that helps.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LateNightExcur For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    2-3 times, the locotorios stole my money.

I go to them and say,"please recharge my personal sim card"

They say " how much for ", I say "100 pesos". They say "pay first". I say "No". They say "only if you pay first". I pay first. Nothing happens, money lost.

Scenario 2. I say "I won't pay first". They say " ok, recharged". They hand me some printout."Ok, pay now". I say "wait". They say " no, can not wait, pay now". I pay. Nothing happens, money lost.

Scenario 3. I say " I won't pay first and will only pay when I see the credit on my phone". They agree. They do something and give me a printout and and ask me to pay. I refuse to pay. They get aggressive and I decide to pay and nothing happens. Money lost.

How are you guys recharging your phones with credit. I have given up!
    I recharge mine the same way you are, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Damn amigo where the hell are you going to? I ask to "recarga mi movistar por favor" and give them the phone number on a piece of paper. I then get a text message within seconds saying how much was added and how much total I now have. If it is a "doble" or 'triplicate" day I'll get another text seconds later with a new balance remaining. I almost always use the place near my apartment when adding credits though.
    Same way as SunSeeker. Go to a local store and do it. I instantly, immediately get texts saying I have recharged and [x] is my actual amount. Then a 2nd text saying, it's duplicate and [x] is my final amount.

They say " how much for ", I say "100 pesos". They say "pay first". I say "No". They say "only if you pay first". I pay first. Nothing happens, money lost.

Scenario 2. I say "I won't pay first". They say " ok, recharged". They hand me some printout."Ok, pay now". I say "wait". They say " no, can not wait, pay now". I pay. Nothing happens, money lost.

Scenario 3. I say " I won't pay first and will only pay when I see the credit on my phone". They agree. They do something and give me a printout and and ask me to pay. I refuse to pay. They get aggressive and I decide to pay and nothing happens. Money lost.

Damn amigo where the hell are you going to? I ask to "recarga mi movistar por favor" and give them the phone number on a piece of paper. I then get a text message within seconds saying how much was added and how much total I now have. If it is a "doble" or 'triplicate" day I'll get another text seconds later with a new balance remaining. I almost always use the place near my apartment when adding credits though.

One way is to go to PagoFacil. They give you a detailed reciept that allows you to make complaint if needed. I use them every month and have never had a problem for years. Or, just buy the cards and recharge yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Just another weird Argie logic issue. They'll sell you phone, sims, accessories, etc in a telco owned store like any other telco store around the world.

But won't sell you credits, least not in the big Personal stores I've gone into. Maybe some do but there's so many that don't it counts as a weird Argie thing for me.
    Movistar is the same way,

Cell store, sells all but credits

Just another weird Argie logic issue. They'll sell you phone, sims, accessories, etc in a telco owned store like any other telco store around the world.

But won't sell you credits, least not in the big Personal stores I've gone into. Maybe some do but there's so many that don't it counts as a weird Argie thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    90% may be a bit of an exaggeration but the number is still quite high and not only amongst working girls but also amongst the general population. I hate plastic tits and never miss a chance to tell them that and not one of them could give a shit. That is because women (in general and working girls included) don't do themselves up for the guys. They don't dress for the guys. They don't go to the hairdressers for the guys. They don't buy shoes for the guys. They do it for the other women!

Go to any party and ask a guy later what so and so was wearing and most won't have a clue. The wives will remember every single detail.

Women are bitches to one and other. How often you have made a deal with a chica where she begs you not tell tell any of the other girls. The whole pricing system boils down to that. Most of the time it's not what a girl thinks she is worth but what she has heard another one gets and to accept less would be acknowledging that other girls superiority.
    This is right on the spot. Can't agree more. It's all about the ego, need to constantly brush it and make sure they're constantly on top of their game.

As of the Dec 2011 released worldwide data (2010) and 2010 prior series (2009) , Argentina was #19, dropping from #11 the prior year. Argentina accounts for barely 1% of worldwide procedures.

Top 10 in the world by total procedures are:

1. USA.

2. Brazil.

3. China.

4. Japan.

5. India.

6. Mexico.

7. Italy.

8. South Korea.

9. France.

10. Colombia.

The USA alone accounted for 17. 9% of worldwide procedures, Brazil 13. 6. These two countries are the giants. Everyone else in top 10 waterfalls off, China at #3 drops to 6. 8%

The USA and Brazil combined account for 31. 5% while all of remaining top 10 combined account for 38%

As random factoid. The most popular aesthetic surgery by far is lipoplasty (eg fat reduction)
    Nice statistics. It is definitely a world trend, surprisingly how I could have forgotten about that.

90% may be a bit of an exaggeration but the number is still quite high and not only amongst working girls but also amongst the general population. I hate plastic tits and never miss a chance to tell them that and not one of them could give a shit. That is because women (in general and working girls included) don't do themselves up for the guys. They don't dress for the guys. They don't go to the hairdressers for the guys. They don't buy shoes for the guys. They do it for the other women!

Go to any party and ask a guy later what so and so was wearing and most won't have a clue. The wives will remember every single detail.

Women are bitches to one and other. How often you have made a deal with a chica where she begs you not tell tell any of the other girls. The whole pricing system boils down to that. Most of the time it's not what a girl thinks she is worth but what she has heard another one gets and to accept less would be acknowledging that other girls superiority.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

Thanks

There are certainly many working girls here, and everywhere else, with breast augmentations, but nowhere near 90. An informal scan of any site like BG will show more naturals than augmented, but certainly lot more than general non working girl population.

Simple reason why is economics. They get more calls, visits and earnings. May not be your cup of tea but in general more men notice and select working gals with larger bust lines than smaller.

Trend worldwide is overall significantly up in last decade. It's also a cash and carry business thank god. Cheap is a relative statement given disparity of local income vs the states but yes, relatively speaking aesthetic surgery is cheaper in Argentina, and in gross terms far cheaper. Although quality as you note is not that good.

However, don't mistake "perfectly done" quality vs method quality. Any cheaper method technique such as inframamary or periareolar which are by far the most common methods here in Argentina due to both lack of qualified surgeons and economic limitations of the average chica base. Incisions under breast fold and nipple respectively.even when perfectly done are by method definition leaving visible scars. Less so via periareolar but still a visible scar if looked for.

I would agree overall the surgical talent here is significantly lower than the states, and far less rigor who actually can call themselves and perform aesthetic / plastic surgery, but a lot of the butcher work I see is mainly due to economic choice of the chica and an insane desire by the Argie government to dictate what brands and materials are used in the local market.

I have seen some fine quality work, although transaxillary (via armpit) is very rare here, and yet to see or hear of one TUBA qualified surgeon (via navel)

And as final nod to chicas bringing quality issues on themselves is the number who disregard medical advice and return to work, stripping, active working girl routine far too early during the recuperative process. Scarring and internal capsular contracture is magnified with this behavior and that's not the blame of the local surgeon but the haste of the working girls
    Thanks for your professional report.

I prefer the transaxillary or the TUBA procedures if it really must be done, I have seen excellent results here in BA. The Butcher Jobs that I have seen when they slice the girls under the breast are horrible. At least 3 to 4 women a year die in Argentina during basic plastic surgery operations, boob jobs, nose jobs, etc. A former Miss Argentina died last year while having her butt lifted and she did not even need it! She was beautiful.

My mistake on Argentina being number 1 in the world, the problem is that I believe EVERYTHING that I see on the news!

TL

My change rules

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    It's not just lack of coins though, it's lack of _change_. Taxi drivers and kioscos never have any bloody change. I don't think it's got anything to do with a shortage of notes though, it's a shortage of frickin brain cells. You're a business that relies on many customers spending small amounts of money. Keep a decent float FFS!
    I understand Taxi drivers not having a lot of change because they get robbed. I also understand and accept little mom and pop kioscos not being able to break lots of Rocas because they don't do a lot of volume. For them I reach into the right pocket. International (especially US) companies. McDonalds, Starbucks, Subway, along with Carre Four, Jumbo, and the like MUST HAVE CHANGE. For them I go into the left pocket. Why right and left pockets you may ask? Well colegios it breaks down like this. In my right I keep all 50's and below, this is my own change bank. In my left I keep all 100's along with one 5 and one 2. That way when the ask me "mas chico tenes?" I can say no. If they make an issue of it, I can pull the left pocket and show them.

Moneda rule is the same except for local kioskos. I no longer accept caramelos as change, but at the two on my street I work on the honor system. If I don't have the monedas I either let them keep it until the next time, or now, having dealt with me for awhile, they will let me slide until the next time.

At fucking McDonalds I don't care if I have 50 pounds of monedas in my pocket. I don't care if they can see that I have 50 pounds of monedas in my pocket. They have to take the bill I give them and shut up and give me change. In 2009 Ad Age said their worldwide sales were 30 billion, they just have to have change. It's one of my rules. This also applies to Burger King and those big ass kioskos on big streets that do tons of volume.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    I haven't noticed any lack of coins but I never use them anyway.
    It's not just lack of coins though, it's lack of _change_. Taxi drivers and kioscos never have any bloody change. I don't think it's got anything to do with a shortage of notes though, it's a shortage of frickin brain cells. You're a business that relies on many customers spending small amounts of money. Keep a decent float FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    The Lack of Coins :

What a pain in the ass if you live here, even when you visit; the lack of "Change" in general. Large restaurants, clothing stores, etc, etc that do not have change to break a hundred pesos but the biggest joke is the lack of coins at the Kioscos. The rumor is that people are melting down the quarters because the metal in a quarter is worth about a peso.

That's funny and weird!

Anybody know the truth?

Aqualung? Dickhead?

The "Sube" card was supposed to solve the coin shortage but it has'nt helped much.

TL
    It's an urban legend. First time I heard it was in the late 60's. Another variant is that the coins are being shipped by the truckload to Brazil to be used as washers.

I haven't noticed any lack of coins but I never use them anyway.

Chica logic

Lifted from a local forum where a chica is shilling herself. This has to be a contradiction in terms.

Bucal sin hasta el final pero no acabar en la boca.

In english this would be BBBJCIM but no CIM to which Daddy adds WTF?

Posting Limitations