This blog is moderated by Member #4110

Agree with most

Except point 3 and that is minor. Good privados are going at 350 right now which is 60 bucks. Estrellas phenom BBBJCIM is still 42. I always get the full hour because I keep my own time.

As far as the rest I'm in agreement with 3320 regarding BsAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    @RiverM,

I have followed your posts on Asuncion (on ISG) keenly over the years.

I understand your questions very well. I know both the cities (Asuncion and BA) very well.

Here is my analysis for you :-

1. Amongst the two cities, I prefer Asuncion. However, I live in BA simply because my work needs me to be near a major airport and travel at short notice.

2. Like you I hate the high influx of tourists in BA. That way Asuncion fares much much better.

3. Like you, I am a major fan of privados both in BA and Asuncion. Believe me, privados in Asuncion are much more cheaper than BA. With current blue market rate, you would probably pay 75 us$ for about 45 minutes of sex in a BA privado for a good looking girl with clean bedsheets. As compared, Asuncion, you can get full 60 minutes for about 33 us$. The quality of sex is good in both the cities. In BA, I get lot of BBBJ. But in Asuncion, its more tough. However, the GFE is better in Asuncion privados. And very easy to get the phone numbers for a Sunday meeting.

4. When I am in Asuncion, its easily possible for me to make 3 trips to privados in 24 hours or just two trips and just pay 66us$ for a good 2 hours as compared to 75 us$ for just 45 minutes here. Value for money, huh?

5. Asuncion is generally more hot than BA in summers. While BA can be bitterly cold in winters with better weather in Asuncion in winters.

6. More Americans in BA for sure. Have some great American friends in BA. My friends in Asuncion are mostly German or locals.

7. Apartments costs are huge in BA. You can get a 2 bedroom apartment (more space) in micro center for probably 800 us$ a month. The building would be shoddy, not very secure and not sound proof. A building away from the action, much secure, with a 1 bed room apartment will cost at least 1300 us$.

8. Options for food. I don't find much difference in BA or Asuncion. In fact, I prefer the food in Asuncion to BA. But thats just me! I am sure most will disagree.

9. Asuncion is a offbeat city to live. In. Not everyone's cup of tea. However, if you like it (as I do) , its a much better option than BA with a more bang for buck as far as privados are concerned.

10. The social life of BA is far more enterprising than Asuncion with something happening here every night. However, if you are not a night person, forget about it.

Hope this helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

@RiverM,

I have followed your posts on Asuncion (on ISG) keenly over the years.

I understand your questions very well. I know both the cities (Asuncion and BA) very well.

Here is my analysis for you :-

1. Amongst the two cities, I prefer Asuncion. However, I live in BA simply because my work needs me to be near a major airport and travel at short notice.

2. Like you I hate the high influx of tourists in BA. That way Asuncion fares much much better.

3. Like you, I am a major fan of privados both in BA and Asuncion. Believe me, privados in Asuncion are much more cheaper than BA. With current blue market rate, you would probably pay 75 us$ for about 45 minutes of sex in a BA privado for a good looking girl with clean bedsheets. As compared, Asuncion, you can get full 60 minutes for about 33 us$. The quality of sex is good in both the cities. In BA , I get lot of BBBJ. But in Asuncion, its more tough. However, the GFE is better in Asuncion privados. And very easy to get the phone numbers for a Sunday meeting.

4. When I am in Asuncion, its easily possible for me to make 3 trips to privados in 24 hours or just two trips and just pay 66us$ for a good 2 hours as compared to 75 us$ for just 45 minutes here. Value for money, huh?

5. Asuncion is generally more hot than BA in summers. While BA can be bitterly cold in winters with better weather in Asuncion in winters.

6. More Americans in BA for sure. Have some great American friends in BA. My friends in Asuncion are mostly German or locals.

7. Apartments costs are huge in BA. You can get a 2 bedroom apartment (more space) in micro center for probably 800 us$ a month. The building would be shoddy, not very secure and not sound proof. A building away from the action, much secure, with a 1 bed room apartment will cost at least 1300 us$.

8. Options for food. I don't find much difference in BA or Asuncion. In fact, I prefer the food in Asuncion to BA. But thats just me! I am sure most will disagree.

9. Asuncion is a offbeat city to live.in. Not everyone's cup of tea. However, if you like it (as I do) , its a much better option than BA with a more bang for buck as far as privados are concerned.

10. The social life of BA is far more enterprising than Asuncion with something happening here every night. However, if you are not a night person, forget about it.

Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Mis dos centavos

From what you wrote I'm thinking you would prolly like it better there and just and enjoy breaking up the trip coming here. Apartment would be 1. 5x's more, food more, chicas about the same. Lacking Paraguayan blood you can't learn Guarani. If you don't believe me ask a Paraguayan. They say the language enters through the blood.

If you really want to find out since you're not taking a long term rental in Paraguay you could always try it here for a month the next time you come down and then decide what to do. You could either pick up a one bedroom place here for a month or spend a month at the AP House and see what you think and then go from there. Since you cook, there is a great kitchen there with pretty nice pots and pans which aren't easy to find down here. At worst you decide it sucks in BsAs and you go to Paraguay or you find you prefer it here and stay.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Need advice: Wintering in BA or Asuncion?

I'm retiring from my regular job and planning to winter in South America each year until I get frail (hopefully another 15 years or more). My plan has been to spend the winters in Asuncion with occasional trips to Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata. The main attraction of Asuncion is cheap living, including low-cost chicas. But now I read on this forum that a guy with a dollar can get six pesos, and I also read that there has been little increase in privado fees. So now I am re-evaluating: Asuncion or BA?

When I am in Asuncion, I walk to a privado at about 11:30 AM every morning and spend a pleasant hour. I like beautiful young women (lots of variety) , some of whom truly enjoy completo, in clean rooms with showers. I get these services for $34 to $55 (of course you can pay less if you don't mind dirty sheets, dirty floors, and dirty showers down a dirty hall). In addition, there are opportunities for privado girls to visit my apartment on Sunday afternoon. Many are stunningly beautiful. I have no interest in night mongering or bars, except the kinds of bars where you get together with European expats and discuss the meaning of life (very few Americans in Asuncion, but there are some very interesting local guys and lots of Germans).

I can get a 4-month rental of a 1-bedroom apartment in a secure high-rise (with nice view from balcony) for about $400 per month (including utilities and internet access). Food and restaurants are cheap, and some food is very good if you know where to go (however, beef tends to be low in quality across the board). I love the 10-cent grapefruit even though it has a lot of seeds, and other local produce is also very cheap. I do most of my own cooking.

So, here is the question: How much more would I have to pay in Buenos Aires for the same privado experience and a decent 1-BR apartment (not necessarily a high-rise, which is essential in Asuncion because of the damned buses)? Has the blue market for dollars leveled the playing field? If my needs are so simple, is there a neighborhood that would be particularly beneficial (on my three trips to BA I stayed in tiny studio apartments in the Microcenter, but I could not live in 350 sq feet over time). I would not mind living in an out-of-the-way neighborhood as long as it was safe and full of clean privados.

Of course there are other considerations. BA has less crime, less violence, and less police corruption. I worry some about the recent soft coup that deposed Lugo (is armed insurrection possible?). BA has much more in terms of culture and education. The tap water in BA can be filtered but the Asuncion tap water is too muddy for filtration (I hate bottled water). The taxis in Asuncion are cheaper, but the subway in BA is cheaper still (and the buses are better). A big advantage of Asuncion, however, is that I have made some friends there, and I enjoy the idea of living far off the beaten path away from tourists (one of my goals would be to learn Guarani).

Can you provide advice?

Posting Limitations