Thread: Cell Phone for sale?

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Jackpot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordoba Dan  [View Original Post]
    I was intrigued to get my chip right away from the airport last week, and before Aqualung helpfully pointed out that carriers like Movistar can take up to 24 hrs to activate. The Telecom occupies the corner opposite the McCafe and past the drugstore. The chica quoted 200p for the chip and 100 of that would be charged to the phone. I shared that I think the last chip I purchased was about 18p to which she offered no argument and conceded the prices in the center would be better. After passing, had an uneventful ride on Manuel Tienda Leon to check in and find a kiosko next door which gladly sold me the chip for 10p and I asked for 30 to charge. Haven't used up the bonus time yet since it also came with 200 SMS for the first 15 days.
    Very informative, thanks for posting

Sim at EZE

I was intrigued to get my chip right away from the airport last week, and before Aqualung helpfully pointed out that carriers like Movistar can take up to 24 hrs to activate. The Telecom occupies the corner opposite the McCafe and past the drugstore. The chica quoted 200p for the chip and 100 of that would be charged to the phone. I shared that I think the last chip I purchased was about 18p to which she offered no argument and conceded the prices in the center would be better. After passing, had an uneventful ride on Manuel Tienda Leon to check in and find a kiosko next door which gladly sold me the chip for 10p and I asked for 30 to charge. Haven't used up the bonus time yet since it also came with 200 SMS for the first 15 days.

Paid $20 including shipping for an unlocked Pantech on Ebay. Didn't see where to buy SIM at EZE but on the 2nd floor of the Recoleta mall there is a Movistar kiosk. 30 Pesos for a SIM, although they can't put money on it. Went to a Pharmacity a couple of blocks away and charged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    I just happened to be in Casa Del Audio yesterday and saw prepaid phones with chip starting around 220p. So its about the same price to buy one in the US for $35U$D. Down side is if you are in a hurry, you will not find them at that price in EZE.
    Bringing a phone and buying a prepaid chip at Ezeiza doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to use it immediately. It may take an hour or two for the chip to be activated.

Cell Phones

I just happened to be in Casa Del Audio yesterday and saw prepaid phones with chip starting around 220p. So its about the same price to buy one in the US for $35U$D. Down side is if you are in a hurry, you will not find them at that price in EZE.

Cell Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot  [View Original Post]
    Howdy,

I'll be down to BA Nov 3 to Dec 20 and need to buy or rent a cell phone.

For this period.

Jackpot
    You have time to buy a new unlocked and unblocked cell phone on Amazon for $35. 00, or less. It will be delivered before you leave. There is a place at EZE that sells SIM cards, so you can start calling chicas while you are traveling to the city.

Tres3

Welcome Back!

Howdy,

For this period.

Jackpot
    Sorry Fred but JP is not the best choice for an airport pick-up .

The rental phones are a rip-off (nothing against you Fred) and nothing against Silverstar's Premium Services , but you can buy a new phone for about 300p.

I suggest you E-Bay a used phone that will work in BA for about $50. 00 dollars max.

And you can get a decent phone for $25.00 US Dollars if you look hard .

You may be able to find an old USA model that is the latest craze here.

Imports have been blocked!

Unlocked, unblocked. Simple phone that you can trade for a decent fuck the day you leave.

You have the time to find one on E-Bay.

Good luck,

Maybe you can use one of mine; afterall there are a lot of contacts in common.

Have a Nice Flight,

TL.

P. S. Unlocked is ideal.

Howdy,

For this period.

Jackpot
    Free local prepaid phone rental with a SilverStar round trip Executive Level airport transfer. (Deposit requested)

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Executive and VIP Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires.

Since 2009

Cell Phone for sale?

Howdy,

For this period.

Jackpot

Posting Limitations