This blog is moderated by Member #3320

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    @DavieW,

How would be the taxi fares between puerto Madero and Microcentro. One way.
    About the same as from good part of recoleta to centro. 18-25p one way.

Always had place for 4-5 years a block from patio Bullrich mall towards the Alvear and going back in couple months. Like my current stay in palermo but prefer recoleta as most central spot plus nice area, buildings, amenities combo. So switching back.

Like you I reviewed puerto madero but for my purposes it is less central loc than recoleta. PM is equally close to microcentro but bit tucked out of way vs recoleta if going to be hitting spots north and east still.

But sounds like subte access close by is a prime consideration for you. Fwiw I've lived a long time in recoleta without any hardship without subway. And if I had to take one now, I'd just short cab it to Callao station then get on line D from there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mpexy For This Post:

@DavieW,

Depending on exactly where you are in Puerto Madero and where you want to go in Microcentro, it could be walking distance! Not much in a taxi anyhow. Around 20 pesos, tops.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

@DavieW,

If security is SO important, then Puerto Madero should go back to the top of your list.

Nuņez is so far out it's practically in the northern hemisphere. I went to see a flat on the Belgrano / Nuņez border once and had to discount it because in practical terms it would have taken me an hour to go and get my son from his mother's in centro. I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for in Monserrat. It's all old buildings like San Telmo. I only mentioned it to say you can find really nice places outside of Belgrano / Palermo / Recoleta / Puerto Madero, but you're probably not going to find anything with 24hr security for example.

e2a: The chicas don't need to know you live in Puerto Madero _before_ you close the deal! ;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Thanks Guys,

Really humbled with the feedback, guys! And ever so grateful for your effort to respond to my question.

I live very close to the US embassy. Its a very posh part of town. I think its called Palermo Chico. I never understood the different names of Palermo.

I would love to live in Nunez for some specific personal reason. But damn it! It sounds even more farther than Palermo. I think the chicas would ask me 100 pesos each way for taxi fare! Correct me if I am wrong! By the way, thank you Dickhead for explaining Nunez location so well to me in a layman language. High five to you.

So DavieW gave me one choice of Monserrat. Plan to check that out. Thanks DavieW.

I have thought of Recoleta but no subte station in the barrio, makes me dislike it.

I will love to have a apartment close to Tribunales subte station. But I doubt if their are good buildings in this area? Correct me if I am wrong.

I agree about Puerto Madero. It serves my purpose in many ways but chica wise, I would get fucked. I would be quoted higher rates.

I often travel abroad for work, a couple of times a month. This means leaving my gadgets / money etc in the house and hence the need of a high security building like the one I am in now. At the same time, when I am in BA. I am off from work and need constant feed of chicas. Living far off or in expensive barrios defeat the purpose. Hence my query.

9. 10-30-12 14:34

Can mongers suggest me a location as close to Microcentro as possible but with very nice buildings?

I have never been to Puerto Madero except to catch the Busquebus. Any feedback from you guys on living there and indulging in chicas. Basically.

Looking for a extremely comfortable building but close to MC. As such, I do not like MC apartments as they are pretty shabby buildings.

Feedback, guys?
    Puerto Madero really is pretty sterile. Some very nice blocks with fantastic amenities (swimming pools, gyms etc) and amazing views. Also some nice open spaces and greenery and some great (expensive) restaurants, but no atmosphere, or even life, on the streets. I live in Monserrat, a short walk to both Puerto Madero and Microcentro. Yes, it's mainly older buildings, but you can still find some lovely apartments if you can be arsed to look, and a fraction of the price of either.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

I'd research hotshot apartments in Recoleta. There are plenty and close enough to the Microcenter. There are also some nice buildings across Libertador from Recoleta. The area where Arroyo street is located. Every area has pros and cons, but for comfort, quality of life, nearness to Microcenter and centro boliches and privados, the areas noted above are hard to beat. IMHO.

Puerto Madero on the other hand is farther away. Some people love it. Very high rent area and I heard they have their own police force. Way too sterile for my tastes though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

More info needed

Budget, furnished / unfurnished / willingness to wait for trains. How big of an apartment. DH is right Nuņez is nice and the availability of train and subte makes MC sort of handy but Congresso to Trib is minimum 25 mins. Recoleta is going to have pretty posh apts but will be valued accordingly. I doubt you would want to pay the freight for a B Parque place, those are going to be twice the number you pay your cook but in U$S. Methinks for a balance of price, close to MC, and poshness you're prolly where you need to be already.

Good luck with it though

Embassy Row

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Or alternatively you could tell us where the fuck it is.

OK. Barrio Parque = Palermo Chico = out by the horse track and consistent with my recommendation to investigate Castex as that appears to be in Palermo Chico. Not too far from the Cerviņo cueva.
    Embassy Row, the nicest part of town, ultra exclusive, sobre Libertador I think; a tiny neighborhood of Mansions with guards.

Look it up!

TL

Or alternatively you could tell us where the fuck it is.

OK. Barrio Parque = Palermo Chico = out by the horse track and consistent with my recommendation to investigate Castex as that appears to be in Palermo Chico. Not too far from the Cerviņo cueva.

Bario Parque is the Shit!

How is Nunez to live? Is it closer to MC than Palermo? Is it a good part of town?

I agree living in Puerto Madero has it downfalls!

I am pretty interested in Nunez for some specific reason but unable to understand where it is located. I only understand Palermo, recoleta, MC, barrio Norte, EZE.

Never heard of Barrio Parque
    Nunez is rather far fro MC but Barrio Parque is the most High end part of BA! Awesome architecture! Lilly White! Money everywhere!

There is a very nice apartment building in front of the military base where they killed about 20k people.

Well, all they did was kidnap pregnant women and steal their children.

Gave the babies to military couples that could not conceive.

Look up Barrio Parque.

TL

How is Nunez to live? Is it closer to MC than Palermo? Is it a good part of town?

I am pretty interested in Nunez for some specific reason but unable to understand where it is located. I only understand Palermo, recoleta, MC, barrio Norte, EZE.

Nuņez is going away from the MC from Palermo, which could appear as a drawback but from a transportation standpoint it is well situated. I have issues with compass type directions but if you go from Madahos to Santa Fe and turn right or inland, you would pass through Palermo, Santa Fe turns into Cabildo, and then you pass Belgrano which is around 2500 Cabildo. Nuņez is the next barrio and starts around I think maybe possibly perhaps about 3500 Cabildo. Take the D line to its end and go a little farther and that is Nuņez. Or take the blue electric train and get off at (wait for it!) ... Nuņez. So it is not close to MC and is close to General Paz. But it has a lot of luxury apartments, especially as you work away from Cabildo towards Libertador (towards the river).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

I am pretty interested in Nunez for some specific reason but unable to understand where it is located. I only understand Palermo, recoleta, MC, barrio Norte, EZE

Bario Parque

I have been thinking of shifting from my pretty posh Palermo apartment. However, I am looking for similar niceties when I shift to another location.

Can mongers suggest me a location as close to Microcentro as possible but with very nice buildings?

I have never been to Puerto Madero except to catch the Busquebus. Any feedback from you guys on living there and indulging in chicas. Basically.

Looking for a extremely comfortable building but close to MC. As such, I do not like MC apartments as they are pretty shabby buildings. The other option for me is Barrio Norte. But I guess its not the best part of town.

Does Puerto Madero become closer or farther from EZE as compared to Palermo?

Feedback, guys?
    Barrio Parque is the Shit! Or "La Isla ", does not get any better than that. Tineli and Suzzana live there along with Mirta Legrand.

Gorgeous buildings, Embassy Row!

Closed neighborhood.

Killer part of town but I don't know how far it is to MC.

TL

Puerto Madero to EZE is typically a faster trip than Palermo to EZE but not in very light traffic. I don't think that difference is significant. Barrio Norte was my favorite of the five or six neighborhoods I lived in. Puerto Madero lacks any type of Latin flavor and also once chicas find out you live there prices tend to go up. You might want to take a look at Nuņez and there are also some pretty nice apartment buildings in the area of calle Castex, on the river side of Libertador, which I think would be considered part of Palermo but I don't know which part. That is quite close to Microcentro but Nuņez is not. If you are on the train or Subte line you could be in centro real quick. Castex is on neither but Nuņez is on both.

Posting Limitations