This blog is moderated by Member #3320

I'm MacStupid

Unless the product key is a boot camp requirement then you can still instal windows.

Windows 8 note, professional is available for 40 bucks which includes storage spaces, bit locker, windows to go, and a host of other features.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    To lend me?

I use a Mac. But have to use a windows program. So doing "Bootcamp" on my MAc and looking for windows 7 cd.

Thanks
    DR is right but if you want to run Windows in Boot Camp on a permanent basis what you really need is a Windows 7 key not just the CD. Windows 8 just came out here in the States. I bought a copy for $15. 96 yesterday. It is the "upgrade version" but I read you can do a full install with it. It's a deal Microsoft is running right now ($14. 99 + tax) but I think you have to have a computer running Windows in order to buy it. It's straight from Microsoft so it's as legit as it gets. Here are the directions on how to get the deal: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1724643

I read that people have been able to do it 5 times and get 5 keys. If you need help because you can't do it from an Argentina IP address or you can't find someone running Windows to help you send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. After you pay Microsoft the "upgrade tool" downloads Windows 8 to your computer and it gives you the option to save it as an ISO so you can burn it onto a disc or it will create a bootable USB stick for you.

Just as a heads up if you don't know. Windows locks the key to the computer it's installed on. You can't install a legit key onto multiple computers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRaven For This Post:

Eval copy

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    To lend me?

I use a Mac. But have to use a windows program. So doing "Bootcamp" on my MAc and looking for windows 7 cd.

Thanks
    You can download any version of win 7 from MS and then burn it to disk. They give you 30 days to evaluate it. If you need to you can recharge that x2 by entering something into the command line that I don't remember but you can find by googling.

Any monger had Windows 7 CD

To lend me?

Thanks

Posting Limitations