Thread: Cigar Eric

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre

Great News Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    No electric and conserving cell battery so he cannot return all the calls.
    Thank God that Eric is ok and beating the odds!

TL

Back door info is eric is still around and kicking

No electric and conserving cell battery so he cannot return all the calls.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Walleye  [View Original Post]
    Yesterday, I dropped off a car load of blankets, towels, clothing and supplies for the folks on Staten Island and other NY areas that were particularly hard hit with an acquaintance of mine, who just started collecting stuff on their behalf. She started off dloing it by herself and soon needed to rent a tractor trailer to deliver the stuff. As of yesterday, they were running two full trailers of donated items to the storm victims per day.

I don't know what coverage you guys have seen but the impact was quite bad. However, the outpouring of love and compassion for one's fellow man is pretty fantastic.
    Two thumbs up. I think it's cool when people who themselves are hit badly by a crisis can redistribute some of their excess to folks in need. Good on you Wild.

Sandy

We got hit with sustained 90mph winds, at the peak of the storm (coinciding with the spring tide). I went out at the absolute peak of the storm to batten down some hatches (so to speak) and it was surreal. I've endured a Pacific gale in the Arctic (in a 2-man tent) and Irene and lots of others, but the sustained winds were what really impressed me. We got very little rain (for a tropical storm) and it was colder than a witch's tit. The storm surge coinciding with the Spring Tide is what caused much of the damage. We were lucky and just suffered minor damage (including about a dozen trees down). We lost utility power (97% of the region lost power) for 7 days and ran on the back-up generator during the outage. There was a huge amount of flooding in my town (were 131' above sea level). Schools have been closed since 10/26.

Yesterday, I dropped off a car load of blankets, towels, clothing and supplies for the folks on Staten Island and other NY areas that were particularly hard hit with an acquaintance of mine, who just started collecting stuff on their behalf. She started off dloing it by herself and soon needed to rent a tractor trailer to deliver the stuff. As of yesterday, they were running two full trailers of donated items to the storm victims per day.

I don't know what coverage you guys have seen but the impact was quite bad. However, the outpouring of love and compassion for one's fellow man is pretty fantastic.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

My brother is now with me in miami

He is very lucky. I hope eric is well

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

If some has his long beach phone number I will call him until I get thru. My brother lives about one mile from him and my brother's house was destroyed and he is now homeless.
    Thats tragic, Bob. Hope you offered your brother some help?

That's Too Heavy!

If some has his long beach phone number I will call him until I get thru. My brother lives about one mile from him and my brother's house was destroyed and he is now homeless.
    That's too heavy brother Bob!

May God help them all!

TL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Eric does not participate here

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

Cigar Eric

Anybody know if Cigar Eric got wet due to Sandy?

He's a good Dude so I'm just concerned and I don't know his screen name.

Thanks,

TL.

Hope you made out ok if you are reading this Cigar! Even if your not!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Posting Limitations