This blog is moderated by Sky Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shirt  [View Original Post]
    My roots are from Gulangyu island, so I have visited Xiamen 3 times in the last 10 years and have monger there. My first visit, I remembered being in a taxi at night and going to a very quiet area where clusters of girls would rush out and encircle the taxi. 100 rmb for ST! About $12 at that time. You could take 2 or 3 home. Very clean city, and food is very cheap.

Gulangyu island, that's paradise. A mix of early 20th century European and Chinese architecture. Just strolling in the car-less lanes and byways overshadowed by trees, hearing students practicing ther pianos and violins from the windows. And sitting down in the open air, having a steam fish, and stir-fry vegetables along the sea.

You have it good.
    Black,

You nailed it! The prices are up to 200 rmb for an SW, but the rest is about the same. I have seen the Xiamen symphony perform a couple of times and they are pretty good also. I do like to go to the island, but not on the weekends as it is too crowded.

Lots of nice places to explore here. And the other night a friend hooked up with a cute Columbian gal. At one of the more active ex-pat bars!

I could do a lot worse for sure!

Xiamen

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Ryder  [View Original Post]
    I am currently living in Xiamen, which is truly a nice place to live. It would be nice anywhere, but in China it is a paradise!

I lived for 2. 5 years in Shenzhen and then 1. 5 years in Chang Ping (Which is ground zero for "fun times" in China) , I have had some awesome times here and some very frustrating ones as well.

I have a few co-workers from Mexico, Equador, etc and when I try to practice my very rusty Spanish, it is always a laugh because I will forget a word or phrase and use Chinese instead and don't even realize it until they start laughing.

I have grown to appreciate the Asian ladies, but still think the Porteno gals are the most sexy and beautiful of any I have seen when taken as a group. I will give you an example. The Chinese gals usually have really pretty legs and love to wear short skirts and what I will call "Fuck me shoes", but most of the time they have a pair of "boyshorts" under the skirt or something sown in so that it can't / won't get tooo short and as most things in China, the look it the important thing. They take a lot of work to get "warmed up"! I have only known one Chinese girl that wore thong undergarments and she had a foreign boyfriend for 5 years before I met her.

As I said before I know things have changed drastically in Argentina, but I do want to come back and try to make some new memories!
    My roots are from Gulangyu island, so I have visited Xiamen 3 times in the last 10 years and have monger there. My first visit, I remembered being in a taxi at night and going to a very quiet area where clusters of girls would rush out and encircle the taxi. 100 rmb for ST! About $12 at that time. You could take 2 or 3 home. Very clean city, and food is very cheap.

Gulangyu island, that's paradise. A mix of early 20th century European and Chinese architecture. Just strolling in the car-less lanes and byways overshadowed by trees, hearing students practicing ther pianos and violins from the windows. And sitting down in the open air, having a steam fish, and stir-fry vegetables along the sea.

You have it good.

Quote Originally Posted by LateNightExcur  [View Original Post]
    Glad that you had a great experience. Where are you in China currently?
    I am currently living in Xiamen, which is truly a nice place to live. It would be nice anywhere, but in China it is a paradise!

I lived for 2. 5 years in Shenzhen and then 1. 5 years in Chang Ping (Which is ground zero for "fun times" in China) , I have had some awesome times here and some very frustrating ones as well.

I have a few co-workers from Mexico, Equador, etc and when I try to practice my very rusty Spanish, it is always a laugh because I will forget a word or phrase and use Chinese instead and don't even realize it until they start laughing.

I have grown to appreciate the Asian ladies, but still think the Porteno gals are the most sexy and beautiful of any I have seen when taken as a group. I will give you an example. The Chinese gals usually have really pretty legs and love to wear short skirts and what I will call "Fuck me shoes", but most of the time they have a pair of "boyshorts" under the skirt or something sown in so that it can't / won't get tooo short and as most things in China, the look it the important thing. They take a lot of work to get "warmed up"! I have only known one Chinese girl that wore thong undergarments and she had a foreign boyfriend for 5 years before I met her.

As I said before I know things have changed drastically in Argentina, but I do want to come back and try to make some new memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Ryder  [View Original Post]
    Hello, All,

I wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving from the other side of the planet. From 2003-2008, I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time in BsAs, and have some very good memories of the Thanksgiving dinners that Jackson hosted in celebration of the holiday. I went to a couple in a local restaurant as well as one or two in the "Mansion". As I recall a good time was had by all and a little bit of charity was accomplished as well.

I have adopted that part here in China, where I have been residing for the last 5 years.

Not sure when / if I will return to Argentina, but I miss it, and although I am sure things are not the same, some things will always be Argentina.

If any of you makes your way to S. E Asia, please let me know. I will try to provide a litte insight.

Sky
    Glad that you had a great experience. Where are you in China currently?

Just a Hello, from the other side!

Hello, All,

I wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving from the other side of the planet. From 2003-2008, I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time in BsAs, and have some very good memories of the Thanksgiving dinners that Jackson hosted in celebration of the holiday. I went to a couple in a local restaurant as well as one or two in the "Mansion". As I recall a good time was had by all and a little bit of charity was accomplished as well.

I have adopted that part here in China, where I have been residing for the last 5 years.

Not sure when / if I will return to Argentina, but I miss it, and although I am sure things are not the same, some things will always be Argentina.

If any of you makes your way to S. E Asia, please let me know. I will try to provide a litte insight.

Sky

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sky Ryder For This Post:

Posting Limitations