This blog is moderated by Jackson

Make sense

There is a reason he chose "dickhead" as his avatar, makes sense.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

I don't think it is possible for one single message to be spam but if it is possible, the free market will take care of it and no intervention would be necessary.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Nothing funnier than a so-called libertarian wanting to run to the government the first time a negative externality interferes with his own pleasure. Just hilariously ironic.
    Don't SPAM my thread, especially with such a predictably pointless comment.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    Yes it does.

The following laws or ordnances all cover the problem:

Law 13. 512 Art 6, Civil Code 2618, Buenos Aires city ordnance Nš 39. 025/83 and 2976/90 and the The Argentine Normalization and Certification Institute 4062/73.

You can call 0800-999-2727 to make the complaint. They will require your Name, I'd and Address and, if possible a witness or you can go to your nearest CGPC office. Find the addresses here:

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/...?menu_id=19048
    Hey Aqualung,

That looks like the ticket!

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Surely the free market will take care of this noise problem over time. When a government starts passing noise ordinances, that restricts the lawful property owner's right to free use of the noise making property. What will happen is the invisible hand of the markets will cause the neighborhood's property values to decline, and then the noisemaker will correct their behavior in their own self-interest to prevent their own property values from declining.

Nothing funnier than a so-called libertarian wanting to run to the government the first time a negative externality interferes with his own pleasure. Just hilariously ironic. But seriously, good luck with your issue. You know as well as I do the alternatives:

1) Accept it.

2) Move.

3) Pay a bigger bribe than the restaurant is willing to
    You have absolutely no concept of what Liberty is, and probably never will. Nice try, but you are full of hot air.

Surely the free market will take care of this noise problem over time. When a government starts passing noise ordinances, that restricts the lawful property owner's right to free use of the noise making property. What will happen is the invisible hand of the markets will cause the neighborhood's property values to decline, and then the noisemaker will correct their behavior in their own self-interest to prevent their own property values from declining.

Nothing funnier than a so-called libertarian wanting to run to the government the first time a negative externality interferes with his own pleasure. Just hilariously ironic. But seriously, good luck with your issue. You know as well as I do the alternatives:

1) Accept it
    2) Move
    3) Pay a bigger bribe than the restaurant is willing to

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know if anything can be done about noise from a business encroaching into public spaces?

Here's the issue: Last month the restaurant across the street from me apparently replaced / repaired / installed a refrigeration compressor on the roof of their building.

The repaired / replaced / new compressor now emits a constant "burring" sound 24 hours a day. 7 days a week at such a level that it can be heard throughout the entire block. The noise is so pervasive that I can no longer leave my balcony door open, much less actually sit on the balcony itself.

I'and not sensitive to the general street noise, but this is just too much.

I've been waiting for one of my neighbors to pursue the matter, but after a month of living with the noise, I've decided to pursue it myself.

So here's the question again: Does anybody know if the City of Buenos Aires has a noise ordinance, and if so, how can I go about making a complaint?

If I need to get my attorney involved, no problem.

If I need to sue the restaurant, no problem.

But first, I need to know if the City of Buenos Aires even has a noise ordinance.

Thanks,

Jackson
    Yes it does.

The following laws or ordnances all cover the problem:

Law 13.512 Art 6, Civil Code 2618, Buenos Aires city ordnance Nš 39.025/83 and 2976/90 and the The Argentine Normalization and Certification Institute 4062/73.

You can call 0800-999-2727 to make the complaint. They will require your Name, I'd and Address and, if possible a witness or you can go to your nearest CGPC office. Find the addresses here:

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/...?menu_id=19048

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know if anything can be done about noise from a business encroaching into public spaces?

Here's the issue: Last month the restaurant across the street from me apparently replaced / repaired / installed a refrigeration compressor on the roof of their building.

The repaired / replaced / new compressor now emits a constant "burring" sound 24 hours a day. 7 days a week at such a level that it can be heard throughout the entire block. The noise is so pervasive that I can no longer leave my balcony door open, much less actually sit on the balcony itself.

I've been waiting for one of my neighbors to pursue the matter, but after a month of living with the noise, I've decided to pursue it myself.

So here's the question again: Does anybody know if the City of Buenos Aires has a noise ordinance, and if so, how can I go about making a complaint?

But first, I need to know if the City of Buenos Aires even has a noise ordinance.

Thanks,

Jackson
    It appears that BsAs has / had an ordinance:

http://www.nonoise.org/resource/acti...d/ordguide.htm

"More recent ordinances (such as Buenos Aires') take advantage of integrating sound level meters, nowadays readily available, which are capable of measuring the average level over time, I. E. The equivalent sound level. This descriptor has proved to be fairly well correlated with long-time exposure effects of environmental noise (see for instance Berglund, B, Lindvall, T. 1995)."

Administrator

Does the City of Buenos Aires have a noise ordanance?

Greetings everyone,

Thanks,

Jackson

Posting Limitations